Confess something weird.

KikiteNeko

Registered
Reaction score
Confess something weird about yourself. Quirks? Habits? OCD's? Colloquialisms?

Here is one of mine. I am morbidly obsessed with people who have died. If I hear about a celebrity/missing person/murder/suicide, I google them compulsively until I have found all the info there is to know about them on the internet. If I find the blogs of their family members I sometimes pop in to say I'm sorry for their loss (In one instance I did get a really nice reply from Krissy Taylor's mom). I even check out the youtube tributes. I'm not really sure why I do this. It always depresses me.

Last edited:

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not Kirk, Spock, Luke, Flash or Arthur frellin
Website
www.myspace.com
Tomo--cool idea for a thread--I think you might like a movie called Harold and Maude:)

I talk to Aleister K, my cat and play music for him. He likes etta james the best--I think--he lays right up against my cd player. My Freya cat that passed away last year liked everclear--and would meow--until I picked her up and danced with her in my arms.

Not sure who is weirder me or my cats.

thethinker42

Abnormal Romance Author
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gallagherwitt.com
I am seriously weird. VERY OCD. I can ignore a cluttered kitchen/living room/bedroom for weeks...but just see what happens if you move an icon on my computer desktop. Or hang a picture crooked. Or put something in the wrong cupboard (or worse, a package with the wrong side facing out).

At restaurants, I always line the placemat up with the edge of the table, and you know that wet ring a glass leaves on a coaster/table? The glass MUST go back EXACTLY into that ring.

When I write, I HAVE to check and record my word count for my WIP every time I stop to take a break. Why? Because I do. I just do. Leave me alone!

I think I need to go lie down for a few minutes...

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
I have a weird habit in that I'm not neat at all, just the opposite, but if I see a paper or anything that's half out of a drawer I have to put it inside right away. I don't know why I do that, but I do.

Fade

The Captain of My Soul
Registered
Reaction score
I always have to save my manuscript a dozen times before I exit Word, and I always get up in the middle of the night to check to make sure the doors to my house or locked.

And I never talk to fish or rodents in English. (I wonder why I talk to fish or rodents at all).

Ciera_

Well...the only thing I can think of is that I have an embroidered post-it on my bedroom wall right now.

thethinker42

Abnormal Romance Author
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gallagherwitt.com
And I never talk to fish or rodents in English. (I wonder why I talk to fish or rodents at all).

Amazing what happens when we talk to animals. LOL I will babytalk to cats, dogs, horses, you name it. I mean, I am shamelessly gushy and nauseatingly affectionate with them. Hand me a baby? *crickets* I just can't pull it off with babies or children...but the second I see a kitten, I'm disgustingly cutesie.

Blake M. Petit

Geek Pundit
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.evertimerealms.com
I am an obsessive list-maker. I keep lists of the books I read, the movies I see, the comics I've collected and a wealth of other things. I've been doing it since I was in high school.

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I have a great fear of fire and car accidents.

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
I am seriously weird. VERY OCD. I can ignore a cluttered kitchen/living room/bedroom for weeks...but just see what happens if you move an icon on my computer desktop. Or ....

Very similar kookiness over here.....

Dishes can sit for days, but I can't step into the shower if the curtain is pulled open on the wrong side. I kringe at the cat hair accumulating at my mothers house, on her furniture - yet I have dustballs and my own hair all over my floor. I guess when it's your own dirt it's not so bad.

After having a kid I've lost some of my idiot tendancies...like straightening things that are crooked, or having an orderly bathroom....

I noted in another forum one thing I do these days; when I'm watching television and a character grabs a beer, it drives me crazy if I can't make out the label. Yea. Really.

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
I can't sleep unless all the light switches in the house are down. Even if the lights are off, the switches have to be down...it makes me nervous when they're not.

C.H. Valentino

Wording!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chvalentino.com
I have a great fear of fire and car accidents.

I want to point out- that is NOT an unwise fear to have. In fact, those are two of the things that I come across often enough to know, FEAR of these things often abates the action from occuring.

Confession time:

I have sex with my main characters. (shakes head) I will go out and find someone that reminds me of my MCs and have sex with them.

I lie to myself and say it helps the process.

I'm pretty sure I could do it without it.

Next, screw up, please?

Stlight

ideas are floating where they will
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
where you can put sugar sprinkles on lots of thing
I clean when I get nervous. I used to paint the inside of the house, but the animals didn't like it. The dog would stand in front of the wall I wanted to paint. If I moved she would move. She never was aggressive just there. 50lbs and my reach is short. So I went back to cleaning.

With the enthusaistic spiders here and the dust there is always something to clean.

Leila

bookshop girl
Registered
Reaction score
Website
theleilasoliloquy.blogspot.com
I have mild synaesthesia. In my head I have very specific colours for letters, numbers, days of the week, words in general, and when I see them printed in the wrong colours it grates on me. I used to think that the colours were a universal thing and everyone knew m was a green letter and Saturday was a red weekday, and that my teachers deliberately had their alphabet charts in the wrong colours just to annoy us. Then I found out a few years later that this wasn't the case at all, it's just my neurological weird wiring. What's absolutely the weirdest thing is that a few words have taste for me as well, especially names. My boyfriend's last name has this very rich sweet taste, Stella tastes inexplicably like tuna fish, and Dwayne tastes like mothballs. Go figure.

(And BTW, for the spelling freaks among us, I am spelling colour correctly. It's just that I'm using the conventional NZ spelling rather than the conventional US one. I felt bizarrely compelled to point that out because the thought of using the wrong country's spelling conventions annoys me, as does the thought of people thinking my spelling is bad. This probably counts as another weird confession in itself. For some reason I can't handle the thought of people thinking I can't spell.)

underthecity

Finestkind
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.allensedge.com
I will bypass a wall of urinals in the public restroom and only go inside a stall. I just don't like urinals, plus I have "shy bladder syndrome." I just can't go if someone is standing next to me, or even enters the restroom while I'm preparing to go or am going.

I also won't touch the toilet seat and use a scrap of toilet paper to lift it. And you know how women "wipe" after going (number one)? I do that, too. There's a saying that goes "No matter how much you shake and dance, the last drop always goes in your pants." So, long ago I decided I didn't want to wear stained underwear anymore.

Probably TMI, but there it is.

James81

Great Scott Member
Registered
Reaction score
I have this thing where I'll latch onto a certain movie and watch it over and over and over again (every night) until I am sick of it. Used to drive my ex-wife completely bonkers. The thing is, it's usually a really stupid movie. For example, the current one: Blades of Glory.

Past movies: Just Like Heaven, Serendipity, The Last Boyscout, and the TV show Friends.

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
Where do I begin...Maybe I should just cram my manuscript in here. I think the strangest thing about me is that I know answers to questions that I have no business knowing. When I watch Jeopardy I always win, no matter who I watch with, and I would have bumped Ken Jennings more than once. The strange thing about this is that I didn't go to high school. My wife looks at me sometimes and asks "How did you know that?" and I have no idea.
Aside from that I'm strangely modest.

KikiteNeko

Registered
Reaction score
Where do I begin...Maybe I should just cram my manuscript in here. I think the strangest thing about me is that I know answers to questions that I have no business knowing. When I watch Jeopardy I always win, no matter who I watch with, and I would have bumped Ken Jennings more than once. The strange thing about this is that I didn't go to high school. My wife looks at me sometimes and asks "How did you know that?" and I have no idea.
Aside from that I'm strangely modest.

:p That's odd but it reminds me of my little cousin. She is five and in kindergarten, yet she inexplicably knows things that kids her age haven't yet learned. I'll ask her mother and she'll say she has no idea where she learned these things.

Like for example, she knows that "Nihao" is Chinese for "hello" and that the women on my notebook cover were wearing kimonos... I suppose she could have picked it up on nick jr. somehow but it is bizarre the things she comes up with.

And also, she knows what numerators and denominators are, but I guarantee she can't actually use this knowledge yet. She can barely add 2 + 2.

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
I have this thing where I'll latch onto a certain movie and watch it over and over and over again (every night) until I am sick of it. Used to drive my ex-wife completely bonkers. The thing is, it's usually a really stupid movie. For example, the current one: Blades of Glory.

Past movies: Just Like Heaven, Serendipity, The Last Boyscout, and the TV show Friends.

Do you have autistic tendencies, James? My son does that, too. His current fav is The Princess Diaries.

As for me, I'm a violist. That's weird enough by anyone's standards--unless you're a classical musician, you probably don't even know what a viola is, yet it's in every orchestra.

Okay, not weird enough, you say.

I can't let any dolls in the house stay undressed, even if they're in a box somewhere waiting to go to the thrift shop. Naked dolls are just so...

Vulnerable.

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
I drink Texas Pete hot sauce.

Why does this not surprise me at all? :D

My confession... gosh, do I have any confessions left I haven't revealed before somewhere on this site?

I think this one's a rerun but it's the weirdest thing about me: I was born 'in the caul'... and my 11th greath-grandmother was the last woman hanged for witchcraft in Connecticut in the mid-1600s.

sheadakota

part of the human equation
Registered
Reaction score
I don't like to take alternate routes. My husband will tell this that his way is better, shorter, whatever- I don't care, I will still take my way everytime, even if it adds significant time to the drive- i HATE to drive on the interstate.

Oh, I also pee in the barn if I am cleaning it and have to go-:Shrug: Its already dirty and I have no neighbors.

James81

Great Scott Member
Registered
Reaction score
Do you have autistic tendencies, James? My son does that, too. His current fav is The Princess Diaries.

Interesting that you say that.

There was a time when I suspected my son of having Asperger's, so I got a book about it and read it and by the end of it I realized that I fit a lot of the qualities. lol

I guess if you got down to the nuts and bolts, I probably DO fall on the low, low end of the spectrum, but not enough to be anything more than just a quirky person.