PDA

View Full Version : Confess something weird.

KikiteNeko
02-09-2009, 08:36 AM
Confess something weird about yourself. Quirks? Habits? OCD's? Colloquialisms?

Here is one of mine. I am morbidly obsessed with people who have died. If I hear about a celebrity/missing person/murder/suicide, I google them compulsively until I have found all the info there is to know about them on the internet. If I find the blogs of their family members I sometimes pop in to say I'm sorry for their loss (In one instance I did get a really nice reply from Krissy Taylor's mom). I even check out the youtube tributes. I'm not really sure why I do this. It always depresses me.

DL Hegel
02-09-2009, 08:53 AM
Tomo--cool idea for a thread--I think you might like a movie called Harold and Maude:)

I talk to Aleister K, my cat and play music for him. He likes etta james the best--I think--he lays right up against my cd player. My Freya cat that passed away last year liked everclear--and would meow--until I picked her up and danced with her in my arms.

Not sure who is weirder me or my cats.

thethinker42
02-09-2009, 08:59 AM
I am seriously weird. VERY OCD. I can ignore a cluttered kitchen/living room/bedroom for weeks...but just see what happens if you move an icon on my computer desktop. Or hang a picture crooked. Or put something in the wrong cupboard (or worse, a package with the wrong side facing out).

At restaurants, I always line the placemat up with the edge of the table, and you know that wet ring a glass leaves on a coaster/table? The glass MUST go back EXACTLY into that ring.

When I write, I HAVE to check and record my word count for my WIP every time I stop to take a break. Why? Because I do. I just do. Leave me alone!

I think I need to go lie down for a few minutes...

Susie
02-09-2009, 09:03 AM
I have a weird habit in that I'm not neat at all, just the opposite, but if I see a paper or anything that's half out of a drawer I have to put it inside right away. I don't know why I do that, but I do.

Fade
02-09-2009, 09:03 AM
I always have to save my manuscript a dozen times before I exit Word, and I always get up in the middle of the night to check to make sure the doors to my house or locked.

And I never talk to fish or rodents in English. (I wonder why I talk to fish or rodents at all).

Ciera_
02-09-2009, 09:11 AM
Well...the only thing I can think of is that I have an embroidered post-it on my bedroom wall right now.

thethinker42
02-09-2009, 09:12 AM
And I never talk to fish or rodents in English. (I wonder why I talk to fish or rodents at all).

Amazing what happens when we talk to animals. LOL I will babytalk to cats, dogs, horses, you name it. I mean, I am shamelessly gushy and nauseatingly affectionate with them. Hand me a baby? *crickets* I just can't pull it off with babies or children...but the second I see a kitten, I'm disgustingly cutesie.

Blake M. Petit
02-09-2009, 09:16 AM
I am an obsessive list-maker. I keep lists of the books I read, the movies I see, the comics I've collected and a wealth of other things. I've been doing it since I was in high school.

brainstorm77
02-09-2009, 09:56 AM
I have a great fear of fire and car accidents.

jennifer75
02-09-2009, 10:02 AM
I am seriously weird. VERY OCD. I can ignore a cluttered kitchen/living room/bedroom for weeks...but just see what happens if you move an icon on my computer desktop. Or ....

Very similar kookiness over here.....

Dishes can sit for days, but I can't step into the shower if the curtain is pulled open on the wrong side. I kringe at the cat hair accumulating at my mothers house, on her furniture - yet I have dustballs and my own hair all over my floor. I guess when it's your own dirt it's not so bad.

After having a kid I've lost some of my idiot tendancies...like straightening things that are crooked, or having an orderly bathroom....

I noted in another forum one thing I do these days; when I'm watching television and a character grabs a beer, it drives me crazy if I can't make out the label. Yea. Really.

kristie911
02-09-2009, 10:29 AM
I can't sleep unless all the light switches in the house are down. Even if the lights are off, the switches have to be down...it makes me nervous when they're not.

C.H. Valentino
02-09-2009, 10:32 AM
I have a great fear of fire and car accidents.

I want to point out- that is NOT an unwise fear to have. In fact, those are two of the things that I come across often enough to know, FEAR of these things often abates the action from occuring.

Confession time:

I have sex with my main characters. (shakes head) I will go out and find someone that reminds me of my MCs and have sex with them.

I lie to myself and say it helps the process.

I'm pretty sure I could do it without it.

Next, screw up, please?

Stlight
02-09-2009, 11:16 AM
I clean when I get nervous. I used to paint the inside of the house, but the animals didn't like it. The dog would stand in front of the wall I wanted to paint. If I moved she would move. She never was aggressive just there. 50lbs and my reach is short. So I went back to cleaning.

With the enthusaistic spiders here and the dust there is always something to clean.

Leila
02-09-2009, 02:40 PM
I have mild synaesthesia. In my head I have very specific colours for letters, numbers, days of the week, words in general, and when I see them printed in the wrong colours it grates on me. I used to think that the colours were a universal thing and everyone knew m was a green letter and Saturday was a red weekday, and that my teachers deliberately had their alphabet charts in the wrong colours just to annoy us. Then I found out a few years later that this wasn't the case at all, it's just my neurological weird wiring. What's absolutely the weirdest thing is that a few words have taste for me as well, especially names. My boyfriend's last name has this very rich sweet taste, Stella tastes inexplicably like tuna fish, and Dwayne tastes like mothballs. Go figure.

(And BTW, for the spelling freaks among us, I am spelling colour correctly. It's just that I'm using the conventional NZ spelling rather than the conventional US one. I felt bizarrely compelled to point that out because the thought of using the wrong country's spelling conventions annoys me, as does the thought of people thinking my spelling is bad. This probably counts as another weird confession in itself. For some reason I can't handle the thought of people thinking I can't spell.)

underthecity
02-09-2009, 04:07 PM
I will bypass a wall of urinals in the public restroom and only go inside a stall. I just don't like urinals, plus I have "shy bladder syndrome." I just can't go if someone is standing next to me, or even enters the restroom while I'm preparing to go or am going.

I also won't touch the toilet seat and use a scrap of toilet paper to lift it. And you know how women "wipe" after going (number one)? I do that, too. There's a saying that goes "No matter how much you shake and dance, the last drop always goes in your pants." So, long ago I decided I didn't want to wear stained underwear anymore.

Probably TMI, but there it is.

James81
02-09-2009, 05:06 PM
I have this thing where I'll latch onto a certain movie and watch it over and over and over again (every night) until I am sick of it. Used to drive my ex-wife completely bonkers. The thing is, it's usually a really stupid movie. For example, the current one: Blades of Glory.

Past movies: Just Like Heaven, Serendipity, The Last Boyscout, and the TV show Friends.

Wayne K
02-09-2009, 05:06 PM
Where do I begin...Maybe I should just cram my manuscript in here. I think the strangest thing about me is that I know answers to questions that I have no business knowing. When I watch Jeopardy I always win, no matter who I watch with, and I would have bumped Ken Jennings more than once. The strange thing about this is that I didn't go to high school. My wife looks at me sometimes and asks "How did you know that?" and I have no idea.
Aside from that I'm strangely modest.

Perks
02-09-2009, 05:11 PM
I drink Texas Pete hot sauce.

KikiteNeko
02-09-2009, 05:22 PM
Where do I begin...Maybe I should just cram my manuscript in here. I think the strangest thing about me is that I know answers to questions that I have no business knowing. When I watch Jeopardy I always win, no matter who I watch with, and I would have bumped Ken Jennings more than once. The strange thing about this is that I didn't go to high school. My wife looks at me sometimes and asks "How did you know that?" and I have no idea.
Aside from that I'm strangely modest.

:P That's odd but it reminds me of my little cousin. She is five and in kindergarten, yet she inexplicably knows things that kids her age haven't yet learned. I'll ask her mother and she'll say she has no idea where she learned these things.

Like for example, she knows that "Nihao" is Chinese for "hello" and that the women on my notebook cover were wearing kimonos... I suppose she could have picked it up on nick jr. somehow but it is bizarre the things she comes up with.

And also, she knows what numerators and denominators are, but I guarantee she can't actually use this knowledge yet. She can barely add 2 + 2.

Yeshanu
02-09-2009, 05:34 PM
I have this thing where I'll latch onto a certain movie and watch it over and over and over again (every night) until I am sick of it. Used to drive my ex-wife completely bonkers. The thing is, it's usually a really stupid movie. For example, the current one: Blades of Glory.

Past movies: Just Like Heaven, Serendipity, The Last Boyscout, and the TV show Friends.

Do you have autistic tendencies, James? My son does that, too. His current fav is The Princess Diaries.

As for me, I'm a violist. That's weird enough by anyone's standards--unless you're a classical musician, you probably don't even know what a viola is, yet it's in every orchestra.

Okay, not weird enough, you say.

I can't let any dolls in the house stay undressed, even if they're in a box somewhere waiting to go to the thrift shop. Naked dolls are just so...

Vulnerable.

Ol' Fashioned Girl
02-09-2009, 05:35 PM
I drink Texas Pete hot sauce.

Why does this not surprise me at all? :D

My confession... gosh, do I have any confessions left I haven't revealed before somewhere on this site?

I think this one's a rerun but it's the weirdest thing about me: I was born 'in the caul'... and my 11th greath-grandmother was the last woman hanged for witchcraft in Connecticut in the mid-1600s.

Perks
02-09-2009, 05:36 PM
I think this one's a rerun but it's the weirdest thing about me: I was born 'in the caul'... Most auspicious, Lady.

sheadakota
02-09-2009, 05:39 PM
I don't like to take alternate routes. My husband will tell this that his way is better, shorter, whatever- I don't care, I will still take my way everytime, even if it adds significant time to the drive- i HATE to drive on the interstate.

Oh, I also pee in the barn if I am cleaning it and have to go-:Shrug: Its already dirty and I have no neighbors.

underthecity
02-09-2009, 05:45 PM
my 11th great-grandmother was the last woman hanged for witchcraft in Connecticut in the mid-1600s.
Have you mentioned this somewhere else on AW? I swear I remember reading this someplace recently.

James81
02-09-2009, 05:46 PM
Do you have autistic tendencies, James? My son does that, too. His current fav is The Princess Diaries.

Interesting that you say that.

There was a time when I suspected my son of having Asperger's, so I got a book about it and read it and by the end of it I realized that I fit a lot of the qualities. lol

I guess if you got down to the nuts and bolts, I probably DO fall on the low, low end of the spectrum, but not enough to be anything more than just a quirky person.

Pagey's_Girl
02-09-2009, 05:51 PM

I do that, too, only with certain bands or worse, songs. I've driven everyone here nuts more than once. I also collect pictures of bands I love - compulsively. Right now it's driving me bonkers that there's one on Flickr that I can't seem to save in a printable form.

Greenify13
02-09-2009, 05:57 PM
Where to start?
I say "cool beans" often.
I hate dust, not like normal people hate dust either. God help me if I go to someone's home and it hasn't been dusted, especially if they think they are 'clean' people. Everything else I can ignore(dirty kitchens...), but dust? Hell no.
I count a lot, when I lay in bed I tend to count and then count again.
I have had severe insomnia, and have a slight case of it now, but I will not let it take over like before. I am a mama, and I can't go through what happened before, again.
I write lists for everything: to-do lists (daily, weekly, sometimes monthly, and yearly), movies.
My movies list, (I collect movies) is long, so I am about to re-write the list and put it on the comp.
I hate nicknames, not for others-just me. I hate almost nickname associated with my name, which came to be in the 3rd grade...My name is Christine, there was also in the same class: Christian, Christopher, and a Kristina or something like that. Urgh, teacher tried to give us nicknames...dammit.
Damn there are sooo many... but I have rambled enough already I am sure. :D

underthecity
02-09-2009, 05:57 PM
Whenever I watch a movie I enjoy, I have to go online and read everything about I can find: trivia on imdb, Roger Ebert's review, wikipedia, or any online articles that might have been written about it. This helps a lot whenever I have issues about the movie I didn't quite get.

When I watch that movie again, I have to go through the same process, hoping that this time I'll find new information.

It's a movie. Why is it so important?

Pagey's_Girl
02-09-2009, 06:02 PM
When I watch that movie again, I have to go through the same process, hoping that this time I'll find new information.

It's a movie. Why is it so important?

You sound like me going nuts that there are a whole bunch of publicity shots I've seen of the Fixx that I can't find in a good enough resolution to print out...my Google-Fu has failed me on this one. :(

Wayne K
02-09-2009, 06:32 PM
Why does this not surprise me at all? :D

My confession... gosh, do I have any confessions left I haven't revealed before somewhere on this site?

I think this one's a rerun but it's the weirdest thing about me: I was born 'in the caul'... and my 11th greath-grandmother was the last woman hanged for witchcraft in Connecticut in the mid-1600s.

That's interesting to me more than strange. I used to live with a witch high priest named Herman Slater, I guess I could have mentioned that as well.

LadyVonFright
02-09-2009, 06:49 PM
hmmm lets see, when i am craving a smoke, ill put my fingers up to my lips as if im smoking an imaginary cig...i dont notice that im doing it, i just do it, usually my friends will see that and either hand me a smoke or w/e ;)

rhymegirl
02-09-2009, 07:13 PM
I am not actually a bunny.

KikiteNeko
02-09-2009, 07:20 PM
I have thought of another one. Observe the below image:

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r115/TomotheCat/Untitled-5.jpg

If you look at the white upside-down V patch directly above my kitty's little cute nose, you will notice that it is NOT perfectly symmetrical. This drives me nuts, and I will compulsively smooth out his fur in an attempt to remedy this.

quickWit
02-09-2009, 07:22 PM
I am not actually a bunny.

I actually am a bunny.

KikiteNeko
02-09-2009, 07:23 PM
I actually am a bunny.

Anyone else smell something?

Shadow_Ferret
02-09-2009, 07:35 PM
Man, you guys are a bunch of freaks! Ef Ar, double E, Kay, Es, Freaks.

And nope, can't think of one thing weird about me.

selkn.asrai
02-09-2009, 07:59 PM
I compulsively pick at my lips when I'm thinking. Sometimes they've bled, and I haven't noticed.

My sensory abilities are always on hyperdrive. Certain colors, smells and forms of touch elicit overblown reactions from me. (I get v. angry with light touching, for example, and when I was a child, I refused to go into certain places because of the colors of the walls.)

My whole life, I've dreamt about events before they occur--it's happened anywhere between one day and seven years in advance. No, I'm not a New Ager.

Greenify13
02-09-2009, 08:00 PM
Don't worry Ferret we can come up with plenty on our own! ;) :D

Wayne K
02-09-2009, 08:05 PM
Man, you guys are a bunch of freaks! Ef Ar, double E, Kay, Es, Freaks.

And nope, can't think of one thing weird about me.

Being born on June 11th isn't weird?

CaroGirl
02-09-2009, 08:11 PM
I have a great memory for trivia that is utterly unimportant. I can remember the face of an actor I saw once in a movie two years ago and in a nanosecond I can remember his name (provided I knew it). However, I can't always remember my neighbour's name.

When I'm trying to fall asleep at night, I need to lie flat on my back and have the covers perfectly tucked around me. I've suffered from insomnia in the past and this is the only way I can fall asleep.

After I finish reading a book, I put the bookmark in and then I look at how far along I am, whether the bookmark is at the beginning, middle or end. I do it every time. Dunno why.

nevada
02-09-2009, 08:11 PM
Dolls freak me out. Freak. Me. Out. I can barely tolerate normal dolls, the 5 dollar kind you get at wallmart, but a friend of my mom's makes dolls from clay, little realistic baby dolls and i can't be in the same room with them. I'm living in my mom's sewing room right now and there was a monkey doll this woman made, baby monkey dressed like a baby and i had to go hide in another room until my mom got rid of it.

This is compulsive and I think it's driving me crazy, literally. I rehearse everything. Conversations I think I'm going to have that day, things i have to do. I visualize them in my head over and over again, i have the conversation in my head multiple times, with variations, just so i am prepared for when it really happens. Unfortunately, no matter how many times you rehearse a convo, the other person doesn't have the script and is bound to come up with a variation that i haven't thought of which means that very often i forget to talk about stuff that needs to be talked about simply because i had to move off-script.

Needless to say I am not spontaneous and can become extremely difficult if things don't happen the way I rehearsed them. Irrationally difficult, instead of normal difficult. Difficult by the way is the word people most often use when describing me. Which is not true. I just want things done the right way. (my way)

oh and this one has freaked out boyfriends, I don't move when I sleep. When I was a kid, my mom would tuck me in really tight, and in the morning i'd be in the same position, blankets still tucked in tight. I had one boyfriend wake me up in the middle of the night because he thought i was dead. because of the not moving thing.

rhymegirl
02-09-2009, 08:26 PM
I actually am a bunny.

That's not weird. We knew that about you.

cray
02-09-2009, 08:28 PM
unbeknownst to them, i modify the toilets of friends and family to flush clockwise.

rhymegirl
02-09-2009, 08:30 PM
Oh geez, Cray. What a horrendous avatar. What did you do this time?

Haggis
02-09-2009, 08:31 PM
unbeknownst to them, i modify the toilets of friends and family to flush clockwise.

Got your face too close to one of them, huh?

Joe270
02-09-2009, 08:34 PM
I've got this thing about Mariachis, which I've mentioned before.

I'm not afraid of them, I just don't know how to react to a gang of folks bellowing out stuff I don't understand over my dinner plate. I avoid places with Mariachis. I can't enjoy my meal, dreading when they will arrive.

Now, if I'm sitting in the bar, enjoying a 'Rita, I rather enjoy watching the Mariachis and watching other Gringos cringe. . .

cray
02-09-2009, 08:34 PM
Got your face too close to one of them, huh?

:e2teeth:

Oh geez, Cray. What a horrendous avatar. What did you do this time?

as you know, EVERY other time that my avatar has been changed to something horrible I. WAS. INNOCENT.

this time, it's possible i brought this on myself. i may have sent this pic to rt as a rep. i honestly never considered the fact that he may use it against me. go figure. i must have been sleepy or something.

there.

man, that felt good.

i should probably be a battery again.
soon.

Darzian
02-09-2009, 08:41 PM
Weird. Hm.

I've read The Silmarillion. Does that count?

tjwriter
02-09-2009, 08:50 PM
:P That's odd but it reminds me of my little cousin. She is five and in kindergarten, yet she inexplicably knows things that kids her age haven't yet learned. I'll ask her mother and she'll say she has no idea where she learned these things.

Like for example, she knows that "Nihao" is Chinese for "hello" and that the women on my notebook cover were wearing kimonos... I suppose she could have picked it up on nick jr. somehow but it is bizarre the things she comes up with.

And also, she knows what numerators and denominators are, but I guarantee she can't actually use this knowledge yet. She can barely add 2 + 2.

There's a show on Nick and Noggin that's called Ni Hao, Kai-lan.

My 3 year old has extrapolated many, many things from watching her cartoons. She connects a lot of things, plus we talk about them. It's amazing what they pick up on. Most 3 year olds don't say, "I'm not feeling well."

I have several OCD oddities. When I make a grilled cheese, the butter has to cover all the bread, and I break the cheese into pieces so that it covers the bread, too.

Things have to be done in certain order or it aggravates me.

MaryMumsy
02-09-2009, 09:10 PM
My OCD issue is ragged edges on papers. I'm fine with dirt and clutter, but want those edges neatly scissored. Things like envelopes torn open, rather than slit with a letter opener, and pages ripped from spiral notebooks make me edgy. Out come the scissors.

MM

Ol' Fashioned Girl
02-09-2009, 09:25 PM
Have you mentioned this somewhere else on AW? I swear I remember reading this someplace recently.

It's buried somewhere in the old 'tag a fellow member and make them spill 10 secrets' or some such somewhere on this forum.

I think. :)

semilargeintestine
02-09-2009, 09:32 PM
Oh, man. I have problems with words. Certain sounds really affect me. Words like "lunch", "church", "breakfast", and just generally words with hard sounds like that really have a weird effect. If someone says them, it gives me this really visceral reaction and makes me shudder. It's like nails on a chalkboard for me, but even worse.

I can't taste the differences between most foods. I like food based almost entirely on texture. It really grosses my girlfriend out, because I'll often eat things like baked beans and brownies together. The texture is really interesting, and since I can't taste any difference, it doesn't gross me out.

When I find something new that I like, I get super obsessive with it. When I started swimming, I was in the pool 7 days a week for hours at a time, in the gym five days a week, and I was watching videos whenever I wasn't in the pool or working out. Eventually, I calm down and usually forget about whatever I was obsessing over, but certain things last and just become something I enjoy (e.g., swimming and writing).

SouthernFriedJulie
02-09-2009, 10:32 PM
The dead freak me out. Not ghosts, zombies, or whatever. Real dead people just hanging out in the funeral parlor. Squuee, shiver, argh.

Down south there was a superstition that you should touch the hand of the departed while filing past their casket or you would dream of them. I could not bring myself to do this but once.

My great-grandma raised me from infancy. She died in '96 and I stood at the back of the room during the wake. When everyone was gone I wqalked to her casket, slowly, touched her hand and ran as fast as I could out of there. I know the dead can't move, but I was convinced she was going to grab me and whap me a good one.

Pagey's_Girl
02-09-2009, 10:47 PM
Being born on June 11th isn't weird?

June 11th isn't weird. February 30th would be weird.

Wayne K
02-09-2009, 11:24 PM
June 11th isn't weird. February 30th would be weird.

Don't even get me started on that bunch!

KikiteNeko
02-09-2009, 11:24 PM
The dead freak me out. Not ghosts, zombies, or whatever. Real dead people just hanging out in the funeral parlor. Squuee, shiver, argh.

Down south there was a superstition that you should touch the hand of the departed while filing past their casket or you would dream of them. I could not bring myself to do this but once.

Okay, I swear this is a true story. When my friend's mother died, she was out of her mind with grief and the whole day of the funeral she needed help just to walk straight. We got to the funeral home about two hours before the service began. She had to go to the bathroom, so we wandered around looking for one. Couldn't find it. We found a door, which led to a room with a pool table and a TV, and a bunch of doors. The pool table was bizarre enough. We opened one of the doors thinking it was the bathroom. It was pitch black. My friend asked where the light switch was, and I realized how f**king cold the room was, like a refrigerator, and I was like "oh shit wrong room WRONG ROOM!"

We asked someone to help us find the bathroom after that...

To this day I remain grateful that we did not locate the lightswitch.

maxmordon
02-10-2009, 12:59 AM
I didn't learned to tie my shoelaces until I was 11

A. Hamilton
02-10-2009, 01:40 AM
I have a thing for flipping the corners of sewn together items between my thumb and index fingertip. Something about the way it feels smacking against my nail.
Especially at bedtime. I won't buy a pillow unless it has good corners, and usually choose my jean jacket when I'm going to be driving a lot that day, because it has the perfect corner for flipping.

Pagey's_Girl
02-10-2009, 03:03 AM
I can't stand to touch terracotta flowerpots. Something about the texture just makes my skin crawl.

Yes, all of my hundred or so houseplants are in plastic pots.

Kitty Pryde
02-10-2009, 03:21 AM
I am constitutionally incapable of holding a pen or a fork correctly, though there is physically nothing wrong with my hands. I can't bear the feeling of putting pressure on a pen/fork with my fingertips, plus it bend my knuckle joints backwards and makes me sad... I hold it jammed between the first knuckles of my index and middle finger, with the side of my thumb clamped over the top instead. My handwriting looks like a third-grader's (I used to take classes in college with a kid who had no thumbs--his class notes were about 100 times neater than mine, and he had to hold his pen vertically between his middle and ring finger!) And my sweetie has taken to nagging me about my fork-holding abilities, and claims that she won't take me to any nice restaurants until i 'learn to use a fork properly'. I'd rather eat with my fingers than hold a fork 'properly'. :tongue

SusanH
02-10-2009, 03:22 AM
I am a procrastinator and I count things. I don't count out loud. I click my teeth together for each count. Even when I fold laundry. HELP ME!

Clair Dickson
02-10-2009, 03:43 AM
All my movable joints pop and snap even without me trying. Sometimes quite loudly. This includes elbows and knees.

I can't put a glass on the table without a napkin beneath it because the condensation ring drives me nuts.

I almost always take at least one trick in Euchre. Even if I have virtually nothing, I can take one trick, some how.

I really, really love it when I wear my long sweaters when they flow out behind me. I think it makes me look so cool. (The whole Hollywood-style hair blowing in the wind thing never worked out for me... it always blew in my face then knotted into a tangle that makes last-season's Christmas light knot jealous.)

There's probably more, but I'd have to ask Hubby. He says I'm very odd.

Feiss
02-10-2009, 03:47 AM
I have to eat circular foods in a circular manner. E.G. Burgers, egg mcmuffings, pancakes.

Kenzie
02-10-2009, 04:06 AM
I compulsively pick at my lips when I'm thinking. Sometimes they've bled, and I haven't noticed.

Me too. I do it when I'm bored too. It's my worst habit and my husband HATES it. With quite good reason, because I often make my lips bleed and scar.

This is really stupid, but I have a tendency to dry cups on my...well, chesty bits. They're the perfect shape for it. I will pick up a cup off the sink and immediately give it the old twist-on-the-chest. I have refrained from doing so however since moving to London and living with people other than my husband.

Another weird thing that amuses many people is that oversized things make me nauseous. If something is bigger than it should be, I feel sick. Like one day I saw a woman holding a handbag with this stupidly oversized zipper on it - was obviously a deliberate design element - and I felt like throwing up for hours afterwards. I think it comes from being sick and feverish as a kid, and I used to hallucinate that things around me or certain body parts like my hands were bigger than they should be.

Silver King
02-10-2009, 05:42 AM
I can't stand seeing anything that's hanging crooked from a wall, even if it's off by only the slightest degree. I'll march across a room (even in a stranger's house) pushing people aside as I go, to nudge a picture frame this way or that until it's perfectly aligned. Then I'll stand back, pleased with my work, hardly aware of the sensation I've caused.

Not surprisingly, I have an uncanny knack for hanging things up without ever first taking a measurement. It's a gift, really. I'll glance at a wall, size up what's to occupy a certain amount of it, then hang that baby up right where she needs to be, perfect every time (well, within about a millimeter or so).

Even when my life is askew, which is most of the time, I can count on the walls around me to offer respite from the chaos.

jennifer75
02-10-2009, 07:25 AM
I am a procrastinator and I count things. I don't count out loud. I click my teeth together for each count. Even when I fold laundry. HELP ME!

I count too! Why is that??? I don't "click" though. I find myself counting to myself as I'm doing something, stepping, climbing, repetitiously as I fold laundry....as I do almost anything.

semilargeintestine
02-10-2009, 07:38 AM
Me too! Especially when I'm swimming. I count my strokes religiously.

Greenify13
02-10-2009, 07:52 AM
I used to be BAD about counting. When I was still at my job, I would count the steps it took to get to my destination, so that I would know approximately how long it would take to get back to the car. Just in case. And that is just one example...

A. Hamilton
02-10-2009, 08:31 AM
speaking of counting..I actually spell. I pick a word with a lot of letters related to what I'm doing, something long like determination, and use it to count swimming strokes or exercise reps, spelling the word over and over.

nevada
02-10-2009, 08:35 AM
Okay so I think it's safe to say that we all suffer from OCD tendencies, as I count too. Now the question is, are we writers because we are OCD freaks, or are we OCD freaks because we write? Please note i use the word freak in the most loving, affirmative manner.

SusanH
02-10-2009, 10:00 AM
I am a freak and I am proud....heehee......wha? or is it I am a geek.....

Clair Dickson
02-10-2009, 10:03 AM
I'm too distracted by the people in my head to count.

thethinker42
02-10-2009, 10:05 AM
I can't stand seeing anything that's hanging crooked from a wall, even if it's off by only the slightest degree. I'll march across a room (even in a stranger's house) pushing people aside as I go, to nudge a picture frame this way or that until it's perfectly aligned. Then I'll stand back, pleased with my work, hardly aware of the sensation I've caused.

Not surprisingly, I have an uncanny knack for hanging things up without ever first taking a measurement. It's a gift, really. I'll glance at a wall, size up what's to occupy a certain amount of it, then hang that baby up right where she needs to be, perfect every time (well, within about a millimeter or so).

Even when my life is askew, which is most of the time, I can count on the walls around me to offer respite from the chaos.

I am EXACTLY like that. Well, except that I'll at least ask a stranger "do you mind?" before I start fixing the pictures...but it'll drive me batshit until it's straight.

When I worked in jewelry, all of our little display thingies had to be perfectly straight (including all of the price tags hidden, the chains straight, etc). And of course, everyone would knock them around when pulling pieces out to show customers. I nearly lost my mind. Then one day, we had a substantial earthquake while I was working at that store...*stops telling story before panic attack starts*

AmandaAcidic
02-10-2009, 02:57 PM
I can never bring myself to throw out a notebook if there's unused paper in it. No matter how old the thing is.

brainstorm77
02-10-2009, 03:54 PM
I attract 'attached' men :(

brokenfingers
02-10-2009, 04:11 PM
I have to watch a movie from the very beginning or else I can't watch it. Even if I miss the opening credits, I won't watch it.

Ol' Fashioned Girl
02-10-2009, 04:52 PM
I count too! Why is that??? I don't "click" though. I find myself counting to myself as I'm doing something, stepping, climbing, repetitiously as I fold laundry....as I do almost anything.

Seems I almost remember from the days of 'Abnormal Psych' that we count - lines on the road, telephone poles, steps, etc. - to distract ourselves from what's really bothering us. ;)

Don't we all, honey. Don't we all.

Ken
02-10-2009, 04:53 PM
...mashed up coins that are scratched and bent. I collect them. Got about 20 in all.

cray
02-10-2009, 06:01 PM
i always carry a small baggie of chicken salad in my pocket.

KikiteNeko
02-10-2009, 06:09 PM

So that's what that intoxicating scent is...

underthecity
02-10-2009, 06:27 PM
...mashed up coins that are scratched and bent. I collect them. Got about 20 in all.

Wow. That collection's gotta be worth . . . a couple of dollars at least.

Namatu
02-10-2009, 06:47 PM
I can only tie my shoes with the bunny-ears method. I can't do it the other way.

nevada
02-10-2009, 08:00 PM
oh oh oh just thought of something else.i buy notebooks and never use them. not just the fancy ones with the moleskin covers but the colourful ones at office depot and wallmart when school gets back in. but my sister does it too so ive decided its not totally weird.

geez,i have issues.

KikiteNeko
02-10-2009, 08:08 PM
oh oh oh just thought of something else.i buy notebooks and never use them. not just the fancy ones with the moleskin covers but the colourful ones at office depot and wallmart when school gets back in. but my sister does it too so ive decided its not totally weird.

geez,i have issues.

I do that too!! I especially like spiral notebooks. Like those "Hot Chocolate" kinds you can get at Target and Walmart that are all striped and polka-dotted... Oooooo....

Namatu
02-10-2009, 08:37 PM
I love notebooks. I buy them and keep them and don't want to use them because then they'll be messy. If I keep them all pretty and empty, they remain full of promise.

I occasionally force myself to start using one, and then I feel bad about it, but I made a rule that I'm not allowed to buy more until I've used some up.

James81
02-10-2009, 08:42 PM

geez,i have issues.

Ha ha, I do that too. Something about a fresh, new notebook makes me crazy like that I guess.

Confession: I peed the bed until I was 13 years old.

selkn.asrai
02-10-2009, 09:32 PM
I love notebooks. I buy them and keep them and don't want to use them because then they'll be messy. If I keep them all pretty and empty, they remain full of promise.

I occasionally force myself to start using one, and then I feel bad about it, but I made a rule that I'm not allowed to buy more until I've used some up.

O. Migawd. Yes! Me too! My handwriting is never perfect enough for a brand-new journal or notebook, and I will leave it empty forever. I've actually taken pages out just to have them look pristine again. Luckily, my notebook obsession is kept in check by means of my left-handedness. Most notebooks I see are spiral, and those hurt to use.

Another quirk? I loathe when people write in/highlight books; it's like a mortal sin to me. When I was in school, I'd go through the myriad piles at the bookstore to find one that wasn't written in, and I would pay more for it if necessary. In class, I had friends that would sometimes lean over and write notes in my margins. I was always horrified, and rabidly erased them afterward.

Then again, this isn't all that shocking, considering my first temper tantrum ever was when I was three. One of the pages in my book got a half-inch tear in the edge. I was hysterical.

Needless to say, I try to keep my books in more-than-perfect condition. It really is obsessive.

KikiteNeko
02-10-2009, 09:36 PM
O. Migawd. Yes! Me too! My handwriting is never perfect enough for a brand-new journal or notebook, and I will leave it empty forever. I've actually taken pages out just to have them look pristine again. Luckily, my notebook obsession is kept in check by means of my left-handedness. Most notebooks I see are spiral, and those hurt to use.

Another quirk? I loathe when people write in/highlight books; it's like a mortal sin to me. When I was in school, I'd go through the myriad piles at the bookstore to find one that wasn't written in, and I would pay more for it if necessary. In class, I had friends that would sometimes lean over and write notes in my margins. I was always horrified, and rabidly erased them afterward.

Then again, this isn't all that shocking, considering my first temper tantrum ever was when I was three. One of the pages in my book got a half-inch tear in the edge. I was hysterical.

Needless to say, I try to keep my books in more-than-perfect condition. It really is obsessive.

You should post a picture of your bookshelf(ves) for the fine people of the thread to see.

Namatu
02-10-2009, 10:31 PM
I've actually taken pages out just to have them look pristine again. Me too! And if it doesn't tear out neatly, I sadly can never even attempt to use the book again. It's broken!

shyne
02-11-2009, 12:02 AM
I once got busy in a burger king bathroom

HeronW
02-11-2009, 12:17 AM
I find myself, intimes of exasperation, coming out with my mother's 'old edard' sayings: (she's from Tenn.) such as: 'Shit fire and save matches'.

regdog
02-11-2009, 02:55 AM
I just confessed this in Jed's Newbie Question of the Day

When no one is around, I crack my toes.

thethinker42
02-11-2009, 03:02 AM

Well, THAT trumps my "I once got into a food fight at a BK and didn't get in trouble" story...

Ol' Fashioned Girl
02-11-2009, 03:18 AM
I find myself, intimes of exasperation, coming out with my mother's 'old edard' sayings: (she's from Tenn.) such as: 'Shit fire and save matches'.

My mom said that, too! (She was from Kansas and Oklahoma.) And I always knew Dad was really, really angry when I heard him holler, "Bear's ass!"

That and your avatar are enough to make me put you on 'ignore'!

Wayne K
02-11-2009, 03:33 AM

Don't get me started on this subject. Prison visiting room. Subway train. Elevator with security camera. Long Island Railroad platform. Jet Ski. and my personal favorite makes me a member of the mile high club.

KikiteNeko
02-11-2009, 03:45 AM
Don't get me started on this subject. Prison visiting room. Subway train. Elevator with security camera. Long Island Railroad platform. Jet Ski. and my personal favorite makes me a member of the mile high club.

What're you doing this weekend? ;)

WittyWordsmith
02-11-2009, 05:01 AM
I must join the Notebook Collector's Club. I thought I was totally odd with my obsession with collecting school supplies, but apparently I'm right at home here... I collect pens, post-it notes, scissors, you name it. I cannot have enough supplies. I've had to make myself NOT walk those aisles anymore, because I cannot resist the temptation if I see something I want there. It's quite sad, and it could make me go quite broke.

I must confess that I pick at things. Tiny bumps on my arms (or my husband's arms, if he's not careful.) Impurities, anything out of place. More often than not, I make the matter worse, but I just can't seem to help myself. Small scabs, blemishes, ingrown hairs. It's a problem.

Also, I noticed lately that I bite my lips when I'm making espresso drinks. Didn't realize for a while, but I purse my lips and bite them and my cheeks while I'm doing things, especially when there's rush and I'm making a large number at once. I have no clue why this happens, maybe I do this every time I'm in deep concentration, but don't know it??? In any event, I must be interesting to watch from the customer's standpoint.

TheRightEyedDeer
02-11-2009, 05:06 AM

I attract bullies.

*wanders off to ponder which of these two evils is the worst*

Wayne K
02-11-2009, 05:11 AM
What're you doing this weekend? ;)

I actually started thinking about writing an erotica memoir, but my wife says no one will believe it. I wonder if I can get third party documentation.

shyne
02-11-2009, 05:12 AM
I attract bullies.

*wanders off to ponder which of these two evils is the worst*
I attract lunch money

Wayne K
02-11-2009, 05:13 AM

It's the avatar.

Pagey's_Girl
02-11-2009, 05:28 AM
If you saw the kind of guys I attract in real life, you'd wonder why I was ever allowed out unsupervised. :(

(Lucky for me there are some online ones who help me remember that not all men are nutjobs...)

KikiteNeko
02-11-2009, 05:54 AM
I actually started thinking about writing an erotica memoir, but my wife says no one will believe it. I wonder if I can get third party documentation.

You should totally try to publish it. Wayne K: An Erotic Life

tjwriter
02-11-2009, 06:03 AM
I must join the Notebook Collector's Club. I thought I was totally odd with my obsession with collecting school supplies, but apparently I'm right at home here... I collect pens, post-it notes, scissors, you name it. I cannot have enough supplies. I've had to make myself NOT walk those aisles anymore, because I cannot resist the temptation if I see something I want there. It's quite sad, and it could make me go quite broke.

I must confess that I pick at things. Tiny bumps on my arms (or my husband's arms, if he's not careful.) Impurities, anything out of place. More often than not, I make the matter worse, but I just can't seem to help myself. Small scabs, blemishes, ingrown hairs. It's a problem.

Also, I noticed lately that I bite my lips when I'm making espresso drinks. Didn't realize for a while, but I purse my lips and bite them and my cheeks while I'm doing things, especially when there's rush and I'm making a large number at once. I have no clue why this happens, maybe I do this every time I'm in deep concentration, but don't know it??? In any event, I must be interesting to watch from the customer's standpoint.

Are you my twin?

Wayne K
02-11-2009, 06:04 AM
I might do that after I get published, and that's looking pretty good this week. I had three requests for proposals from major agents for my memoirs.

Stlight
02-11-2009, 11:39 AM
O. Migawd. Yes! Me too! My handwriting is never perfect enough for a brand-new journal or notebook, and I will leave it empty forever. I've actually taken pages out just to have them look pristine again. Luckily, my notebook obsession is kept in check by means of my left-handedness. Most notebooks I see are spiral, and those hurt to use....

Okay so no diss here, but I've always wondered why being left handed you (anyone who is left handed and wants a spiral notebook) don'e just turn it upside down?

I was ambidexterous until they told me it was wrong. They told my mother it would ruin my spelling. Maybe it did, or maybe her attemtps to teach us a second language while we were trying to learn to read English had something to do with it. Or both.

I turned the notebooks upside down. But then I highlighted my text books because I studied by outlining every single chapter. This, of course, meant I had no life, until the quarter I almost flunked out. But that wasn't weird, it was human.

Stlight

Deadbeat 007
02-11-2009, 01:12 PM
I went through an anti-social stage last year and recently found out that I went 2 months without leaving the house. o_o I used to be the girl who couldn't sit at home for a full day without getting bored. :P

Oh, and I've been away from AW for a while now... Glad to see so many familiar (and not so familiar) posters again. =]

Samantha's_Song
02-11-2009, 02:39 PM
I'm an untidy person indoors, but I hate to see cupboards or drawers not shut properly; I just have to shut them! And it's not because I'm afraid all of the junk will fall out either :D

Another thing I hate, and have done long before everyone was supposed to be green-thinking, and that's dripping taps or taps left running. We used to use this certain roadside service station, and every time we went in there, the same tap would be running, not dripping, running. It had been like this for months. So one night I blocked up the plug hole so that the water would run all over the floor and make the lazy maintenance people fix the tap. A week later, we went in, et voila, the tap was fixed!

euclid
02-11-2009, 02:51 PM
I go nuts over one song and play it over and over and over and over again for MONTHS. Today's song "I have a Dream" by ABBA.

I'm divorced.

Wayne K
02-11-2009, 03:30 PM
I go nuts over one song and play it over and over and over and over again for MONTHS. Today's song "I have a Dream" by ABBA.

If you like that song go to youtube and check out "By my side" from the movie Godspell. Katie Hanley sings it, and it's one of the most beautiful songs ever done.

Samantha's_Song
02-11-2009, 04:40 PM
Ah James, I'm like that too. Last Summer it was Back to black by Amy Winehouse. For the last couple of months it's been Until the end of time by Sarah Brightman and Alex Parks' version of Yellow. :)

I'm divorced.

brokenfingers
02-11-2009, 04:53 PM
Here's one many of you might find weird.

I hate talk-radio. No, seriously -I mean I have a real aversion to it for some reason. I can’t be in a car with talk-radio on.

In the mornings I’ll either listen to CD’s or tune into boring, mellow stations cuz most stations in my area have a “morning show” format and it drives me crazy.

I can’t stand being “talked to” and really have no interest in what some dipshit thinks. Everyone has their opinion, why should I subject myself to their rants?

I don’t watch TV, but it extends to that also. It’s so bad that, when some friends thought it would be funny to leave the TV on some “talking head” show and turn the volume up despite my protests, I began to rip it from the wall. They quickly changed their minds.

If I hear it in my truck, I’ll become angry and almost violent. It’s weird.

The only thing I can think of is that I must’ve been subjected to some kind of loud talk-radio type show when I was a baby that interfered with my sleeping or something.

But it’s a fact that I’ll break a radio before I let myself listen to talk-radio.

Wayne K
02-11-2009, 05:23 PM
Here's one many of you might find weird.

I hate talk-radio. No, seriously -I mean I have a real aversion to it for some reason. I canít be in a car with talk-radio on.

In the mornings Iíll either listen to CDís or tune into boring, mellow stations cuz most stations in my area have a ďmorning showĒ format and it drives me crazy.

I canít stand being ďtalked toĒ and really have no interest in what some dipshit thinks. Everyone has their opinion, why should I subject myself to their rants?

I donít watch TV, but it extends to that also. Itís so bad that, when some friends thought it would be funny to leave the TV on some ďtalking headĒ show and turn the volume up despite my protests, I began to rip it from the wall. They quickly changed their minds.

If I hear it in my truck, Iíll become angry and almost violent. Itís weird.

The only thing I can think of is that I mustíve been subjected to some kind of loud talk-radio type show when I was a baby that interfered with my sleeping or something.

But itís a fact that Iíll break a radio before I let myself listen to talk-radio.

I hear you and feel your anger with that. I stop listening usually when someone begins a sentence with "I think..."

Pagey's_Girl
02-11-2009, 06:06 PM
I go nuts over one song and play it over and over and over and over again for MONTHS....

That's the reason no one will ride in my car with me unless they get to pick the music. I suppose not everyone wants to hear the same Led Zeppelin/Fixx/whoever album ad infinitum...

TheRightEyedDeer
02-11-2009, 07:17 PM
On the I 'attract' thought...

I attract fairly wealthy- very wealthy guys.

... in the many many millions range.

I'm not bragging about this. It's gotten me into a lot of trouble over the years.

Any chance you can tell me what kind of perfume you buy? :tongue I'd like to try and get into some of that trouble you've mentioned.

underthecity
02-11-2009, 08:00 PM
Whenever I get interested in a particular new hobby, I throw myself into it and work on it in every spare minute. What sucks is when I can't finish it for whatever reason. Now, I currently have three large projects (one parked in the garage) that are sitting unfinished for various reasons.

About the only project I really finished to completion was my first book. I spent every spare second of my life researching and writing it, so much so that my wife had to put a limitation on how much time I wrote every night so I could spend time with her.

Although the manuscript did get finished, it sat unpublished for nearly three years after I couldn't find a publisher for it. During that time, we bought a house so my new hobby was doing house projects. It wasn't until 2002 that I found the publisher.

Same thing for my novel. I spent the better part of three years working on it, taking some time off in between rounds of editing to work on the unfinished car project. Although the novel is finished, I haven't found an agent yet.

I'm about to start working on another project, an article about the recent winning Super Bowl Doritos commercial. Plus I'm doing preliminary work for my fourth book which is due in July. Meanwhile, I have in mind two other big nonfiction projects that I want to pursue since I'm unemployed. No, make that three. But these all require cooperation with Hollywood professionals. I don't want to do anything until I have signed contracts.

Then I'd like to write a sequel to the novel.

selkn.asrai
02-11-2009, 08:01 PM

I was a barista, too, in a BN Cafe! Until I kicked and screamed to be let out on the bookfloor. Took another employee's verbal abuse to finally work. I always loved making drinks because they were fifteen to sixty seconds of solace in which it didn't matter how hard the customer stared or how impatiently they spoke; the drink wasn't getting made any faster for it (thank you, Cafina). So I'd zone out, and I def. pursed my lips/made absent-minded faces. I also pick at things obsessively, and can't walk an aisle at work without wanting to buy something, especially those shiny, fancy pens.

Summarily, Wordsmith and tjwriter, we may in fact be triplets.

StLight:

Okay so no diss here, but I've always wondered why being left handed you (anyone who is left handed and wants a spiral notebook) don'e just turn it upside down?

No offense taken :). I just never did because it was still somehow uncomfortable. The spiral was the primary reason I wasn't fond of those notebooks, but I also didn't like the edge at the spiral that often frayed and the flimsiness of the paper (too large, perhaps?). I adopted science notebooks for all those reasons, and was in love with them. Never turned back. I do, like many lefties, read things like magazines from back to front.

Another weird confession: I'm terrified of space (i.e. the universe.) I can't remember a time when I wasn't. Once there was a show on TV about the top ten ways earth would be destroyed, and once it got to asteroids and a black hole ripping us apart molecule by painful molecule, I started crying and begged my boyfriend to turn it off.

Libbie
02-11-2009, 08:03 PM
My weirdness: As those of you who lived through the recent manprawn thread already know, I am way turned on by magic. Sleight-of-hand = sleight-of-sexy in my brain.

I have no idea where this came from.

Libbie
02-11-2009, 08:06 PM

It's because you're hot. Wealthy men an afford hot women, so that's all the go for. When you're a woman who's NOT hot, you learn how to notice these trends so you can be jealous and bitter.

As an unhot woman, I can also assure you that you're a rare bird in that you're both way hot and also way talented and smart. Talent, smarts, and hotness are usually not found in the same female.

selkn.asrai
02-11-2009, 08:19 PM

On the attract thought as well--

I tend to attract men who won't come out and tell me they like me. Until years later--I can't number how many times this has happened to me. They'll suddenly say, "Oh, God, I was in love with you for three years in high school," or, "You're the most amazing girl I've ever known. Nobody's lived up to you since the day we met," or, "I can't help but wonder where we might have gone if I'd told you..." Which always leaves me like this:

:Jaw: or :Wha:

Coz... well... I never knew and never suspected. Does that mean I scare them or something?

A few guys have been vocal enough to step forward, but out of the three I actually dated, one was a coward and a cheater, the other was egocentric and abusive.

Number three is wonderful, though--totally worth the angst the other two created. :)

Libbie
02-11-2009, 08:31 PM
That could be it, too, but even the crazy control-freaks only go for hotties if they have money.

I'm sorry to say, to the best of my knowledge I've never attracted a man at all, in any way, shape, or form, except with my writing. It's how I landed my husband. I've never had a guy tell me years later that he was attracted to me; I've never had a guy give enough of a shit about me to want to control me. My husband is a great guy, but I only landed him because I used to keep a gorgeous blog back when I was single and he fell in love with my personality before I let him see my picture. So whatever your issues are with men, ladies, IT COULD BE WORSE.

I'm such a manipulative bitch that way, but after ten years of always being the one to ask guys on dates (yeah, I've never been asked out in all my life) and being dumped within seconds of boyfriends setting eyes on more attractive women, I decided it was time to do whatever I had to do. It worked. I don't regret it. Ha ha ha.

jennifer75
02-11-2009, 09:03 PM
That's really nice of you to say. I'm not really all that hot though. :)

Oooooooh yes you are. You're totally hott. We're both totally hott. Let's go be totally hott together. Over a beer? Or, a beer and a martini. ;)

Wayne K
02-11-2009, 09:12 PM
Oooooooh yes you are. You're totally hott. We're both totally hott. Let's go be totally hott together. Over a beer? Or, a beer and a martini. ;)

I'm buying!

KikiteNeko
02-11-2009, 09:13 PM
Another weird confession: I'm terrified of space (i.e. the universe.) I can't remember a time when I wasn't. Once there was a show on TV about the top ten ways earth would be destroyed, and once it got to asteroids and a black hole ripping us apart molecule by painful molecule, I started crying and begged my boyfriend to turn it off.

OMG watch out

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-alien011.gif

MsK
02-11-2009, 09:28 PM
That could be it, too, but even the crazy control-freaks only go for hotties if they have money.

I'm sorry to say, to the best of my knowledge I've never attracted a man at all, in any way, shape, or form, except with my writing. It's how I landed my husband. I've never had a guy tell me years later that he was attracted to me; I've never had a guy give enough of a shit about me to want to control me. My husband is a great guy, but I only landed him because I used to keep a gorgeous blog back when I was single and he fell in love with my personality before I let him see my picture. So whatever your issues are with men, ladies, IT COULD BE WORSE.

I'm such a manipulative bitch that way, but after ten years of always being the one to ask guys on dates (yeah, I've never been asked out in all my life) and being dumped within seconds of boyfriends setting eyes on more attractive women, I decided it was time to do whatever I had to do. It worked. I don't regret it. Ha ha ha.

The way you met your husband sounds wonderful. And the thing is, looks fade. Your intelligence and wit that seduced your husband in the first place will be around a long time. ;)

cray
02-11-2009, 10:15 PM
i don't know who this is
<----------------------

jennifer75
02-11-2009, 10:17 PM
Ooooooooooooh I doooooooo. 100% HOTTNESS.

thethinker42
02-11-2009, 10:50 PM
I can't stand to touch terracotta flowerpots. Something about the texture just makes my skin crawl.

Yes, all of my hundred or so houseplants are in plastic pots.

OH GOD ME TOO.

I've never had a problem writing in notebooks (spirals...3 ring binders are another thing altogether), but I hold my pen differently than most other lefties I've known. Doesn't change the fact that my handwriting is atrocious, but what can you do.

Another weirdism about me: I am ambidextrous at everything except for writing (left), can openers (right, though I do own a left-handed can opener, but can't use it), and scissors (right).

A lot of my friends get annoyed as hell that I can bowl, fence, and bat with almost equal skill with either hand. Kind of nice at the batting cages...if I get tired, I can switch hands. Yes, that's right...I AM a switch hitter. (in more ways than one...)

I'm sorry to say, to the best of my knowledge I've never attracted a man at all, in any way, shape, or form, except with my writing. It's how I landed my husband. I've never had a guy tell me years later that he was attracted to me; I've never had a guy give enough of a shit about me to want to control me.

For the record, at least three males have told me later that they thought you were hot. Why they didn't tell you, I have no idea. But there you go. :D

i don't know who this is
<----------------------

It's Gerard Butler - and now that you have him as your avatar, I demand that you post 1,000 times a day. Go! GO!! POST!

Libbie
02-11-2009, 10:50 PM
NOW we're talkin', Cray.

Did you know flamingos can drink water that is almost boiling? Now that's what I call "hot."

DO YOU GET IT? HOT? DO YOU GET IT? DO YOU?

Libbie
02-11-2009, 10:51 PM
For the record, at least three males have told me later that they thought you were hot. Why they didn't tell you, I have no idea. But there you go. :D

Well, then they're peckers.

thethinker42
02-11-2009, 10:53 PM
Well, then they're peckers.

Hey now...that's my husband you're dissing. :D Among others...

thethinker42
02-11-2009, 10:54 PM
Dammit, Cray, bring back Gerard!!!

cray
02-11-2009, 10:54 PM
apparently, i'm not in charge of my avies,.....

thethinker42
02-11-2009, 10:56 PM
apparently, i'm not in charge of my avies,.....

Take charge. Take charge of your avatar and use the one I want you to use. NOW.

James81
02-11-2009, 11:33 PM
One time, right after I got married, my ex had to go to the dentist to get a tooth pulled. There was a McDonald's cup in our car and whenever the saliva would build up in her mouth from whatever, she would spit into the cup on her way home (I wasn't there when she did this).

Well, I have a habit of leaving half full McDonald's cups in my car and then like the next day picking them up and taking a big drink out of them.

I think you know where I'm going with this....

How I managed to not puke still escapes me, but I was quesy for two days after that and I still get quesy thinking about it.

KikiteNeko
02-11-2009, 11:42 PM
One time, right after I got married, my ex had to go to the dentist to get a tooth pulled. There was a McDonald's cup in our car and whenever the saliva would build up in her mouth from whatever, she would spit into the cup on her way home (I wasn't there when she did this).

Well the good news is that it was McDonalds, and their stuff is equivalent to bile anyway.

But I have a friend who does that. She spits phlegm into an empty soda bottle in her car when she's sick, and it just ... soaks there all winter.

Wayne K
02-12-2009, 12:56 AM
Yuck, James.

Similar to the people who count...
I played the flute for about 10 years as a kid, and to this day- almost 30 years later, I still run the scales and songs in my mind. (Not constantly ;))

I get a song in my head and it stays there for weeks to months. I'll wake up with the damn thing in mid verse. The only cure for it is to let it run its course.

thethinker42
02-12-2009, 01:14 AM
I get a song in my head and it stays there for weeks to months. I'll wake up with the damn thing in mid verse. The only cure for it is to let it run its course.

I found a cure for my earworms: If I get a song stuck in my head, I hum/sing/think the chorus to "Cats in the Cradle". I don't know why it works. But it does (for me).

Libbie
02-12-2009, 01:16 AM
I found a cure for my earworms: If I get a song stuck in my head, I hum/sing/think the chorus to "Cats in the Cradle". I don't know why it works. But it does (for me).

Really? I just "sing" the song in "cat voice." A bunch of meows instead of the lyrics. Not only does it get the song out of my head, but it drives my husband nuts. Double plus good!

Wayne K
02-12-2009, 01:30 AM
Really? I just "sing" the song in "cat voice." A bunch of meows instead of the lyrics. Not only does it get the song out of my head, but it drives my husband nuts. Double plus good!

My mother used to have the christmas songs with the meows. They were better than most American Idol contestants at least.

joyce
02-12-2009, 01:42 AM
I know I'm a weirdo. Ever since I was a child I run inside if the garbage men are coming. A hundred years later and I'm still hiding from them. My daughter and husband laugh at me and yell from outside, "hide the garbage me are almost here." I also talk to my dogs as if they were people. Of course me being the weirdo I am, I swear they understand exactly what I'm saying. Also, if I ever see a cockroach in the house, it must be dead or I can't rest. I can't kill it, other than by spraying a ton of bug spray on it, so my hubby does the job. He's got to show me the lifeless body so I'll know he killed it. Then I can't eat anything because the thought of the nasty thing kills my need for food. :D