Is this a normal thing to happen with a pregnant woman?

underthecity

Finestkind
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.allensedge.com
We watched the movie Tropic Thunder two months ago and we both enjoyed it.

We watched it again last night. The first time we saw it, she didn't laugh much at this one scene. Not this time, though.

If you've seen it, you'll remember this scene, if not, I'll be brief. A group of prima donna actors are put into a jungle near Vietnam to shoot the most expensive Vietnam movie ever made. The director steps on a land mine and blows up. Ben Stiller's character finds the head of the director and believes it is just a prop and that the land mine was rigged. He picks up the head and starts talking to it (and does other stuff with it) before kicking it away. The head has this really goofy look on its face, and almost looks like it's trying to respond to the outrageous things Ben Stiller is saying.

I thought the scene was amusing. And it was pretty funny.

My wife (baby due in three weeks, mind you) started laughing and laughing, harder and harder and harder. It was a for-real uncontrolable fit of laughter. She laughed until she started crying and had to force herself to stop after at least five minutes. She thought that was the funniest thing she had ever seen, even though she has already seen the movie.

Granted, I'd rather see her laugh than cry, but I was just wondering. Is that normal for a pregnant woman to have an emotional response like that?

BTW, she's off having her baby shower now.

allen

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Hormonal most likely.

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
It's hard to say. I've done that when I wasn't gestating too, but between prolonged discomfort, general nerves and worry, sleep disturbances and deprivation, and all the other little life anomalies crammed into a relatively short period of time, I don't even know that you'd need hormones to be a bit delicate emotionally.

lostgirl

Always Watching
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lisadovichi.com
It is totally normal and completely hormonal. Pregnancy does weird things to women.. :D

Although it's true I do stuff like that when I'm not pregnant either.. but I'm crazy :D

semilargeintestine

BassGirl 5000
Registered
Reaction score
I've seen that happen to people who weren't pregnant. Hormones can do crazy things.

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I'd say it's normal.

I watched Tropic Thunder for the first time last night. Even funnier I thought was The Pink Panther flick with Steve Martin.

HeronW

Down Under Fan
Registered
Reaction score
Women are mysterious creatures who have the emotional range from a drop of dew to a force 10 hurricane. I was at a Ren Faire and this one skit had me down, laughing so hard I'm crying and my friend wondered if she'd need to slap me to sober me up--and I hadn't had anything to drink, nor was I pregnant.

Renfaire.com in Va, I think the featured performance was with a couple of guys, Puke and Snot, something about wearing thigh-high boots on a poop deck and they did the 'Who's on first' revised for a pirate ship and I lost it completely.

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
I bet it is normal, Allen. I laugh that way from reading some of the posts here and I'm definitely NOT pregnant. :D

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
I found pretty ever end of the spectrum is normal for pregnant women, Allen. Laughing, crying, screaming...it's all good. :)

Libbie

Worst song played on ugliest guitar
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, that's normal.

Beware of laughing fits: I came into this world when my mom laughed so hard her water broke.

sheadakota

part of the human equation
Registered
Reaction score
yup totally normal, but for God's sake man, don't ask her about it!!! You're likely to see the oppiste end of that emotional roller coaster and trust you do not want to go there-