Life is good--What's a good thing in your life today?

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
I'm so sick of being depressed about winter, I decided to focus on the positive.

The weather here is fabulous right now. It's 57 degrees and sunny, and it's going to reach the mid-sixties today.

I am turning off all the heaters in the house today, and hopefully I will only have to turn them back on randomly until it's warm for the season.

We got AWESOME news when we had our taxes prepared yesterday. Last year, we were freaking robbed by Uncle Sam. This year, he is a lot kinder. This is the biggest refund we have ever had.

That refund means that Mr. Vagabond will get his Jeep back on the road, which also means that I can look for work in a much larger area because we'll soon be back to a 2-car family. We will be able to get me a new washer & dryer which means it won't take four cycles to dry a load of clothes. We will also be able to finish the kitchen floor--Yay!! No more painted plywood!

My younger son is still doing great in college, and making straight As. My older son has decided that Knoxville really will offer him more opportunities than where he is, and so he has decided to move back this summer when his lease is up. Seth will remain far away from me for school, but Daniel is coming home!!!!!!

My parents are in great health. Daddy is finally recovered from the year-long bout with issues from his anesthesia from his hip replacement, and mom is chirping lately like a happy little bird. Daddy still has early sings of Alzheimer's, but for now he's having a lot of good days--good enough to go to his garden and work all day.

Life is good. What's good in your life today?

Last edited:

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
My cat Charlie and the fact I'm still alive! :e2cookie:

Kate Thornton

Still Happy to be Here. Or Anywhere
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.katethornton.net
Alive is good.

My Aunt Gerrie is passing away, but she is resting comfortably today and we are all so lucky to have seen her recently when she was alert and joking with us. The end of life is always difficult, but the love of her family and painkillers are making it easier for my beloved Aunt. Hearing from her today was such a good thing.

My three kitties are disgusted with the rain, but the little critters made me laugh this morning - they usually are very stand-offish with each other, but today they were sleeping *touching*!!!! They'll do anything to stay in out of the rain!

The orchids bloomed - 3 large cymbidiums - cascading flows of pink and cream - right outside the door. They like the rain!

And I am going to treat myself (and DH) to a great breakfast out today in a cheery diner where the sweet young waitress keeps your coffee cup filled and calls you by name and you leave extra tips for her because you know she's got a little one at home with her mom.

There's a lot to be grateful for today - and yeah, we really needed that rain!

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Nice thread idea, Carole.

It is 50 degrees here (or higher) and the snow is melting!
All of my kids got A's or B's last semester in college.
We all watched two funny movies last night and laughed our heads off.
My mom has survived pneumonia and a UTI and is still with us.
I have a roof over my head, enough food to eat and can pay the bills.

MoonWriter

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Great news on that tax refund, Carole. And brainstom, sure glad you're still alive.

Everything good here. :)

sheadakota

part of the human equation
Registered
Reaction score
warmer here today too! Yea! I am working flex now(I pick the days and hours) I get to spend more time at home with my kids

And we might be getting two new horses! A pregnant Mare and a six month old filly- They are at out locla spca and if they are still available we are going to adopt them! Wish me luck!

Smish

Reads more than she writes.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Definitely the weather! The ice and snow is nearly gone and I actually had my morning coffee OUTSIDE! Yayy!

Also, my brother popped in unexpectedly this morning. I hadn't seen him since Christmas, so that was nice.

And as for cats, mine is nestled at my side, which is nice, especially since she normally wants to sit ON the keyboard as I try to type!!

I hope everyone has a nice day :)

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
Alive is good.

My Aunt Gerrie is passing away, but she is resting comfortably today and we are all so lucky to have seen her recently when she was alert and joking with us. The end of life is always difficult, but the love of her family and painkillers are making it easier for my beloved Aunt. Hearing from her today was such a good thing.

My three kitties are disgusted with the rain, but the little critters made me laugh this morning - they usually are very stand-offish with each other, but today they were sleeping *touching*!!!! They'll do anything to stay in out of the rain!

The orchids bloomed - 3 large cymbidiums - cascading flows of pink and cream - right outside the door. They like the rain!

And I am going to treat myself (and DH) to a great breakfast out today in a cheery diner where the sweet young waitress keeps your coffee cup filled and calls you by name and you leave extra tips for her because you know she's got a little one at home with her mom.

There's a lot to be grateful for today - and yeah, we really needed that rain!

That's a lovely picture. Good on you. :)

Nice thread idea, Carole.

It is 50 degrees here (or higher) and the snow is melting!
All of my kids got A's or B's last semester in college.
We all watched two funny movies last night and laughed our heads off.
My mom has survived pneumonia and a UTI and is still with us.
I have a roof over my head, enough food to eat and can pay the bills.

RG, you are one of my favorite peeps in the whole wide world. I'm happy for the good things in your life. :)

Great news on that tax refund, Carole. And brainstom, sure glad you're still alive.

Everything good here. :)

Everything good--terrific news! :)

warmer here today too! Yea! I am working flex now(I pick the days and hours) I get to spend more time at home with my kids

And we might be getting two new horses! A pregnant Mare and a six month old filly- They are at out locla spca and if they are still available we are going to adopt them! Wish me luck!

Good luck with the horses! :)

Definitely the weather! The ice and snow is nearly gone and I actually had my morning coffee OUTSIDE! Yayy!

Also, my brother popped in unexpectedly this morning. I hadn't seen him since Christmas, so that was nice.

And as for cats, mine is nestled at my side, which is nice, especially since she normally wants to sit ON the keyboard as I try to type!!

I hope everyone has a nice day

Coffee outside. Oh, I can't wait for that! Soon, I keep telling myself. Soon. :)

I gotta go with the weather too. It's absolutely gorgeous here today. Sunny, a few clouds here and there and 71 degrees at the moment!

Isn't it funny how lovely weather can change the whole mood of the day?

Yay for everyone here with so much to be grateful for! :)

Last edited:

vixey

C'est la vie!
Registered
Reaction score
71 degrees here and sunny!

I'm happy because I have a job interview tomorrow! I've applied to about 30+ jobs since December and this is my first interview.

semilargeintestine

BassGirl 5000
Registered
Reaction score
Gorgeous weather today, and we had a swim clinic today where I kicked ass.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's above freezing, so the driveway is not only free of snow and ice but dry.

I got the videos back before the store opened, so no late fee.

My husband still loves me and vice versa--always a good thing.

Our son's job, which is not all that great, is at least steady, so he can support himself.

Our daughter is actively seeking to improve a lifelong problem rather than adapt to live with it.

I haven't yet eaten anything I feel guilty about today.

Mr. Maryn's job makes him crazy, but it's unlikely to disappear.

We're a quarter of the way into February and I've still got pocket money from January.

Parts of my WIP do not suck.

I have friends here.

Maryn, grateful for all of the above and more

nevada

Registered
Reaction score
staying with my mom for a few months (which totally sucks) BUT that means i see my dog all day every day as she's living with my mom permanently.

I'm excited about my WIP. first time in a long time i'm excited about anything i'm writing.

I have friends and family who love me even if i'm impossible to be around.

There's chinese food left over from yesterday so that'll be a nice dinner.

MsK

Registered
Reaction score
Cool thread, Carole.

My family is healthy.

It's cold outside (57 degrees, which is cold in SoCal), but it's warm and cozy in the house.

I let my son sleep in 'til 11:30, which makes me feel good as I never got to do that as a teenager and I would have loved it.

I'm starting on a new story, and I fell so much better prepared to write this one.

My horoscope says this is a grrrreat year for creativity.

My clothes are fitting kinda loose.

I'm starting to consider the possibility of dating again.

I could go on and on...

Good to see all the other "Life is Good" posts as well.

Last edited:

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
I have two complete manuscripts which are being considered by agents. Not bad.

My back pain didn't come back after a hard week of work. Great.

The new house is giving me smiley brain. Great.

I can't wait for the windfall $80 the government is sending me. Ugh!

DaddyCat

Registered
Reaction score
In no particular order:

It's sunny and relatively mild in southeast Michigan today. It'll be even warmer later this week.

Even though I miss my little man (see avatar), gone seven weeks now, I still have eleven other happy and healthy cats.

I went to Barnes & Noble today and found a book I've been considering buying for a while. I was procrastinating buying it through Amazon, but this way I was able to browse it first and know for sure it was worthwhile.

I have a great wife.

Kathleen42

crushing on fictional characters
Registered
Reaction score
Good things:

I'm still riding the high from seeing Slumdog Millionaire last night.
I'm going to see Coraline tonight.
I had enough loonies in my wallet to wash and dry two loads of laundry.
I live in a country which names it's money silly things like "loonie".
My boyfriend was very understanding when I grabbed his hand during the trailer for Wolverine and mumbled "Gambit, Gambit, Gambit" repeatedly.
I hit 30,000 on my current WiP.

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
Good things;

It's all pretty outside because of the snow, but I can watch it from inside in the warm.
Rocky Horror Picture Show is on TV right now and is reminding me of my mis-spent youth

Really good things;

The Student Awards body in Scotland had some hassle with my fees for this year, and I was being threatened with not being able to graduate etc, but after another meeting on Friday, the Registry have got onto them and have got it sorted out, so it should all click onto the computer and be cool within the next few days.

Because this is sorted, I was able to get onto the council and get a £900 rebate on the Council Tax (as students are exempt).

And, I have finally figured what I'm going to do after I graduate in June. I've applied to do a course in TV production to get a better job within the companies I already freelance for. The college actually called me on Friday to tell me I could go into a more advanced class if I wanted to, since I was 'over qualified' for the one I'd applied for, and then told me I shouldn't have any problems getting onto the course.

My mum has her last session of chemotherapy on Friday, then hopefully things'll be sorted for her too. She's coming over to stay with me here for a couple of days and we're going to celebrate.

Oh, and on a totally trivial note, I have a box of violet and rose flavour fudge coming in the post!

All in all, life is good.

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
That's is super great, you guys! My good thing is havin' my friends here at AW & Mr. Susie. ((((((HUGS))))))) and let's all have more good things.