PDA

View Full Version : humorous poetry markets

Maldon
05-25-2005, 12:22 AM
Greetings! A student of mine asked me this question and a bunch of research has got us nowhere. He's looking for a publisher to look at a book of humorous poems - more potty humor than Ogden Nash. It's really a very hilarious set of work, though I'm no expert. Any ideas of places that might look at such a collection?

rich
05-25-2005, 12:38 AM
It'd have to a phenomenal collection. It's like trying to sell a group of unpublished short stories in book length. Tell this poet to publish a goodly piece of his works and then look for a taker.

Maldon
05-25-2005, 01:10 AM
I realize the odds of publication are always long. And any journals, etc. to submit to would also be appreciated.

Paint
05-25-2005, 01:19 AM
www.winningwriters.com (http://www.winningwriters.com/) has a contest called Wergle Flomp Poetry Contest. Its for humorous poetry. It has high dollar prizes, so competition is stiff! If you hear any other good ones, please post. I can't find any either and I love to write funny poems.

Thanks
Paint

rich
05-25-2005, 01:26 AM
Wish folks here would drop the word "journals" and just stick to the word "pubs." If it's real "potty" the pieces would be limited to, well, potty pubs. Give a piece or two and let's see if I, we, can get out our GPSs' and find out where this poet can zero in.