What kind of food do you love?

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
My favorite is Chinese and Italian. Sweet & Sour chicken & Lasagna. Yummy. (I know it's not :Cake:) :D Let's hear yours.

Please discuss.

Clair Dickson

A dark core to every cloud
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bofexler.blogspot.com
At this point, anything that doesn't trigger my allergies. But I do love Lasagna, spaghetti, chicken alfredo. Yum.

And the double chocolate cookies from the Gluten Free Cookie Factory. Oh my word-- these are the best cookies I have ever eaten, gluten free or not! Yum!

Reaction score
Italian, Italian, Italian.

I could eat lasagne by the bucketload. It's sooooo yummy.

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Indian. Curry, curry, curry, curry, chicken tikka, samosa, masala dosa, papadums, garlic nan, gulab jamun, palak paneer, saffron kulfi...

I have to stop because I'm drooling on my office work...

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I like a wide variety but pizza is a fave along with chocolate, cheesecake and poutine :)

firedrake

Registered
Reaction score
All the things I can't get here. Chicken Tikka Masala, Naan bread, english bangers, pie and chips from a proper chippy and, most of all......

One large pepperoni pizza from Vincent's Pizza, Ardmore Boulevard, Pittsburgh.

Kate Thornton

Still Happy to be Here. Or Anywhere
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.katethornton.net
Eggplant. Tomatoes.
I love stir fried vegetables.
Grilled lobster with butter & lemon.
Apples.
Fresh green beans steamed quickly with lemon mayonnaise.
Carrots.

There's a lot to love in the world of food.

Ciera_

Grilled cheese sandwiches
White bread, smeared with butter (has to be butter, not margarine *gag*) and either half-dripping with that disgusting processed cheese or with droopy strings of marbled REAL cheese (the cheddar and mozza stuff).
Mmmmm! Normally I turn my nose up at processed cheese, but on a grilled sammich . . . Nom nom nom!
If I'm trying to get some measure of nutrition into me, I'll throw in some tomato and whatever meat is lying around. But that just messes with the texture and the whole grilled cheese experience.

I have many other favourites, but this is the most decadent and lately I've been frying them up by the stack.

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
Pastrami and corned beef sandwiches from a good New York deli.

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I read the thread title fast and thought it said: What kind of FOOL do you love?

I thought, Wow, that's a weird question. How do I answer that?

Anyways, food-wise, I love pizza, chicken, turkey, any kind of potatoes, pies, ice cream and ANYTHING chocolate.

brainstorm77

Registered
Reaction score
I read the thread title fast and thought it said: What kind of FOOL do you love?

I thought, Wow, that's a weird question. How do I answer that?

Anyways, food-wise, I love pizza, chicken, turkey, any kind of potatoes, pies, ice cream and ANYTHING chocolate.

Oh I have loved many fools sadly!

nevada

Registered
Reaction score
Indonesian food. I've recently discovered Indian food and it's good, but nothing can ever take the place of a good nasi goreng, babi pangang, sate, kroepoek. mmmmm maybe i'll make some tomorrow.

smoothseas

Life sucks... Then ya die...
Registered
Reaction score
yawn... in da land of the terminally bored.
Mexican – chili rellanoes, guacamole, carne asada, pollo con mole, tamales y mucho mas.

And Thai - pad thai, pad siew, spring rolls, curries

Indian - samsoas, naan, curries, tandori chicken

Korean – pol goggi, kim chee

Italian – chicken/veal marsala, lasgana, spaghetti with garlic and oil, eggplant parm, fettucini alfredo, calzones

American - pulled pork, Chicago style deep dish pizza, Italian beef sandwiches, BLT’s, pastrami on rye with a good kosher dill pickle and some matzo ball soup

now, I just gotta go fix sumthin to eat

sheadakota

part of the human equation
Registered
Reaction score
Mac and cheese with stewed tomatoes
roasted chicken
mashed potatoes
lobster
fajitas
hamburgers on the grill with melted american cheese, lettuce, tomatoes and mayo on a soft roll
hot french fries

C.bronco

I have plans...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
cynthia-bronco.blogspot.com
I love many foods, including but not limited to:
guacamole
chili dogs
dairy- brie, ice cream, cheese and crackers
rice pudding
cheeseburgers
enchiladas
steamers
steamed mussels
lobster rolls
steak
homemade oatmeal
pierogies :)
Paul Newman's Sockarooni Sauce
ribs
spaghetti with a ton of mushrooms
mushrooms
dim sum
Chinese beef and broccoli
wonton soup
fresh mozzarella with ripe tomatoes, basil and olive oil
grilled salmon
green bean casserole
turkey with stuffing, cranberry sauce and all of the fixings
Hungarian Goulash
my Mom's salad with cranberries and maple-balsamic vinagerette
lemon bars
tabouli
falafel
Godivas
butternut squash, zuchini, summer squash and acorn squash
crab cakes
I could go on and on...
I forgot to mention stuffed peppers, Polish soups and pashka

Last edited:

Joe270

Banned
Reaction score
I'm crazy about Mexican food, but I like Texmex much more. Fresh salsa and chips, oh, I'm in heaven.

I'm nuts about Cajun food, and can cook just killer gumbos, etouffees, and creoles.

I love seafood, and I can do wonders with a grill. Baked oysters, I have several incredible recipes but have yet to nail down the perfect Rockefeller recipe. Angels on horseback, oh, heaven on garlic toast.

Italian food is a staple for us. I must have spaghetti at least twice a week.

Chinese, don't get me started. I crave it all the time.

I like lots of German foods, like Wiener-schnitzel and brats, etc. I wish I could get some good German black bread in Vegas, no luck so far.

I've never been big on French cooking, and the fancier the food is the worst it tastes, to me. With the notable exception of Escargot, they may be snails, but I really like them.

I don't like Indian food at all. I can't stand even the smell of curry.

I don't like sushi. I'll eat eel roll to be polite, but one is about it.

There's lots of dishes from many countries I enjoy, a real Hungarian Goulash is a treat, especially if you can get some decent dark bread with it. Jerk chicken and Cuban sandwiches from the islands, good stuff.

Rubens and hot pastrami from a good deli, heck, I'd step on Haggis to get to them. A real Philly cheese steak? Oh, I'd step on Haskins to get to that, no question.

Good ole 'Merican food, from chilidogs and burgers (home grilled, now), grilled steaks with homemade scalloped potatoes, even meatloaf (for mine I use a bbq glaze like you get on Chinese ribs, ooooh, good, with mashed taters, good for the soul), fried chicken, home cooked turkey and dressing with giblet gravy, short ribs stewed in gravy over egg noodles, pork cutlets with potato pancakes, homemade mac and cheese with ham steaks.

I love homemade soups. Try any veggie soup recipe, but boil some short ribs first. It's lovely, add lots of canned corn, any left over veggies, potatoes, a couple cans of green beans, limas, veg-all, you can even toss cabbage in it. Rutabaga adds an interesting change, too.

I don't like roasts, but I like casseroles, like tuna casserole. Yeah, odd, I know.

Yeah, I like lots of different foods. That's part of the reason I'm fat, of course the beer provides all those 'empty calories'.

MoonWriter

Registered
Reaction score
While reading the above posts, I'm nodding, "Yes, yes, oh, I like that too, that one's a winner, ooh, sounds good."

It's easier for me to mention what I don't like: cooked carrots and anything with cilantro, especially cooked carrots. :eek: Raw carrots me like.

What I found interesting is Poutine. Down here, we make a poorboy (a type of long french bread with a crispier crust) with just about anything: fried oysters or gulf shrimp, fish, meatballs, sausage, hamburger, roast beef with mayo and extra gravy and napkins, but on occasions, nothing satisfies my appetite like a french fry poorboy with mayo and roast beef gravy, with or without the melted cheddar cheese. Sounds like a poutine on bread. Yum, more carbs. :)