PDA

View Full Version : What kind of food do you love?

Susie
02-07-2009, 04:19 AM
My favorite is Chinese and Italian. Sweet & Sour chicken & Lasagna. Yummy. (I know it's not :Cake:) :D Let's hear yours.

Please discuss.

Clair Dickson
02-07-2009, 04:23 AM
At this point, anything that doesn't trigger my allergies. But I do love Lasagna, spaghetti, chicken alfredo. Yum.

And the double chocolate cookies from the Gluten Free Cookie Factory. Oh my word-- these are the best cookies I have ever eaten, gluten free or not! Yum!

scarletpeaches
02-07-2009, 04:23 AM
Italian, Italian, Italian.

I could eat lasagne by the bucketload. It's sooooo yummy.

Kitty Pryde
02-07-2009, 04:25 AM
Indian. Curry, curry, curry, curry, chicken tikka, samosa, masala dosa, papadums, garlic nan, gulab jamun, palak paneer, saffron kulfi...

I have to stop because I'm drooling on my office work...

Susie
02-07-2009, 04:27 AM
Gee, I wonder why I'm so hungry? :D It all sounds great guys.

brainstorm77
02-07-2009, 04:29 AM
I like a wide variety but pizza is a fave along with chocolate, cheesecake and poutine :)

firedrake
02-07-2009, 04:35 AM
All the things I can't get here. Chicken Tikka Masala, Naan bread, english bangers, pie and chips from a proper chippy and, most of all......

One large pepperoni pizza from Vincent's Pizza, Ardmore Boulevard, Pittsburgh.

Brutal Mustang
02-07-2009, 04:38 AM
Chinese shrimp fried rice.

Kate Thornton
02-07-2009, 04:40 AM
Eggplant. Tomatoes.
I love stir fried vegetables.
Grilled lobster with butter & lemon.
Apples.
Fresh green beans steamed quickly with lemon mayonnaise.
Carrots.

There's a lot to love in the world of food.

Ciera_
02-07-2009, 04:46 AM
Grilled cheese sandwiches
White bread, smeared with butter (has to be butter, not margarine *gag*) and either half-dripping with that disgusting processed cheese or with droopy strings of marbled REAL cheese (the cheddar and mozza stuff).
Mmmmm! Normally I turn my nose up at processed cheese, but on a grilled sammich . . . Nom nom nom!
If I'm trying to get some measure of nutrition into me, I'll throw in some tomato and whatever meat is lying around. But that just messes with the texture and the whole grilled cheese experience.

I have many other favourites, but this is the most decadent and lately I've been frying them up by the stack.

Wayne K
02-07-2009, 04:49 AM
Pastrami and corned beef sandwiches from a good New York deli.

rhymegirl
02-07-2009, 04:53 AM
I read the thread title fast and thought it said: What kind of FOOL do you love?

I thought, Wow, that's a weird question. How do I answer that?

Anyways, food-wise, I love pizza, chicken, turkey, any kind of potatoes, pies, ice cream and ANYTHING chocolate.

Tepelus
02-07-2009, 05:14 AM
Anything chocolate!

brainstorm77
02-07-2009, 05:15 AM
I read the thread title fast and thought it said: What kind of FOOL do you love?

I thought, Wow, that's a weird question. How do I answer that?

Anyways, food-wise, I love pizza, chicken, turkey, any kind of potatoes, pies, ice cream and ANYTHING chocolate.

Oh I have loved many fools sadly!

nevada
02-07-2009, 05:24 AM
Indonesian food. I've recently discovered Indian food and it's good, but nothing can ever take the place of a good nasi goreng, babi pangang, sate, kroepoek. mmmmm maybe i'll make some tomorrow.

smoothseas
02-07-2009, 05:26 AM
Mexican – chili rellanoes, guacamole, carne asada, pollo con mole, tamales y mucho mas.

And Thai - pad thai, pad siew, spring rolls, curries

Indian - samsoas, naan, curries, tandori chicken

Korean – pol goggi, kim chee

Italian – chicken/veal marsala, lasgana, spaghetti with garlic and oil, eggplant parm, fettucini alfredo, calzones

American - pulled pork, Chicago style deep dish pizza, Italian beef sandwiches, BLT’s, pastrami on rye with a good kosher dill pickle and some matzo ball soup

now, I just gotta go fix sumthin to eat

brainstorm77
02-07-2009, 05:44 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poutine <------ Poutine :)

MaryMumsy
02-07-2009, 05:48 AM
Just about anything Mexican except menudo.

MM

sheadakota
02-07-2009, 06:21 AM
Mac and cheese with stewed tomatoes
roasted chicken
mashed potatoes
lobster
fajitas
hamburgers on the grill with melted american cheese, lettuce, tomatoes and mayo on a soft roll
hot french fries

Wayne K
02-07-2009, 06:51 AM
Oh I have loved many fools sadly!

I didn't even know you cared.

C.bronco
02-07-2009, 07:21 AM
I love many foods, including but not limited to:
guacamole
chili dogs
dairy- brie, ice cream, cheese and crackers
rice pudding
cheeseburgers
enchiladas
steamers
steamed mussels
lobster rolls
steak
homemade oatmeal
pierogies :)
Paul Newman's Sockarooni Sauce
ribs
spaghetti with a ton of mushrooms
mushrooms
dim sum
Chinese beef and broccoli
wonton soup
fresh mozzarella with ripe tomatoes, basil and olive oil
grilled salmon
green bean casserole
turkey with stuffing, cranberry sauce and all of the fixings
Hungarian Goulash
my Mom's salad with cranberries and maple-balsamic vinagerette
lemon bars
tabouli
falafel
Godivas
butternut squash, zuchini, summer squash and acorn squash
crab cakes
I could go on and on...
I forgot to mention stuffed peppers, Polish soups and pashka

nevada
02-07-2009, 07:49 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poutine <------ Poutine :)

It's a lost cause. Ive been trying for years but only canadians like poutine. i figure thats okay, just leaves more for us.

Shadow_Ferret
02-07-2009, 08:31 AM
bierocks
mac and cheese
grilled cheese
meatloaf
chili
cheeseburgers
chili-cheese dogs
chili-cheese fries
pizza
BLTs
PB&J

Joe270
02-07-2009, 09:22 AM
I'm crazy about Mexican food, but I like Texmex much more. Fresh salsa and chips, oh, I'm in heaven.

I'm nuts about Cajun food, and can cook just killer gumbos, etouffees, and creoles.

I love seafood, and I can do wonders with a grill. Baked oysters, I have several incredible recipes but have yet to nail down the perfect Rockefeller recipe. Angels on horseback, oh, heaven on garlic toast.

Italian food is a staple for us. I must have spaghetti at least twice a week.

Chinese, don't get me started. I crave it all the time.

I like lots of German foods, like Wiener-schnitzel and brats, etc. I wish I could get some good German black bread in Vegas, no luck so far.

I've never been big on French cooking, and the fancier the food is the worst it tastes, to me. With the notable exception of Escargot, they may be snails, but I really like them.

I don't like Indian food at all. I can't stand even the smell of curry.

I don't like sushi. I'll eat eel roll to be polite, but one is about it.

There's lots of dishes from many countries I enjoy, a real Hungarian Goulash is a treat, especially if you can get some decent dark bread with it. Jerk chicken and Cuban sandwiches from the islands, good stuff.

Rubens and hot pastrami from a good deli, heck, I'd step on Haggis to get to them. A real Philly cheese steak? Oh, I'd step on Haskins to get to that, no question.

Good ole 'Merican food, from chilidogs and burgers (home grilled, now), grilled steaks with homemade scalloped potatoes, even meatloaf (for mine I use a bbq glaze like you get on Chinese ribs, ooooh, good, with mashed taters, good for the soul), fried chicken, home cooked turkey and dressing with giblet gravy, short ribs stewed in gravy over egg noodles, pork cutlets with potato pancakes, homemade mac and cheese with ham steaks.

I love homemade soups. Try any veggie soup recipe, but boil some short ribs first. It's lovely, add lots of canned corn, any left over veggies, potatoes, a couple cans of green beans, limas, veg-all, you can even toss cabbage in it. Rutabaga adds an interesting change, too.

I don't like roasts, but I like casseroles, like tuna casserole. Yeah, odd, I know.

Yeah, I like lots of different foods. That's part of the reason I'm fat, of course the beer provides all those 'empty calories'.

MoonWriter
02-07-2009, 12:26 PM
While reading the above posts, I'm nodding, "Yes, yes, oh, I like that too, that one's a winner, ooh, sounds good."

It's easier for me to mention what I don't like: cooked carrots and anything with cilantro, especially cooked carrots. :eek: Raw carrots me like.

What I found interesting is Poutine. Down here, we make a poorboy (a type of long french bread with a crispier crust) with just about anything: fried oysters or gulf shrimp, fish, meatballs, sausage, hamburger, roast beef with mayo and extra gravy and napkins, but on occasions, nothing satisfies my appetite like a french fry poorboy with mayo and roast beef gravy, with or without the melted cheddar cheese. Sounds like a poutine on bread. Yum, more carbs. :)

sadron
02-07-2009, 12:50 PM
Reindeer pot (pretty expensive for the meat and delicious and traditional food), macaroni, Karjala pot.

Mumut
02-07-2009, 01:40 PM
Yum cha in a small Hong Kong restaurant where they don't speak English and every dish is a surprise - a really tasty one!

Darzian
02-07-2009, 02:15 PM
I love my traditional food but my all time favorite is this (known as vadai) :

http://chaos.troll.no/~shausman/blog/vadai.png

DaddyCat
02-07-2009, 02:29 PM
In order: Chinese, Italian, Polish/German, Mexican. Going vegan last May has presented a challenge, but I've been able to find substitutes for the meat and dairy components. It's also led me to more Indian dishes.

Grrarrgh
02-07-2009, 06:22 PM
Italian, chocolate - dark chocolate, not the watered down milk stuff - sushi, popcorn, seafood, lemon cake, banana bread. There's so much more. I haven't had breakfast yet, so those are the things running through my head right now.

rhymegirl
02-07-2009, 06:44 PM
I love many foods, including but not limited to:
guacamole
chili dogs
dairy- brie, ice cream, cheese and crackers
rice pudding
cheeseburgers
enchiladas
steamers
steamed mussels
lobster rolls
steak
homemade oatmeal
pierogies :)
Paul Newman's Sockarooni Sauce
ribs
spaghetti with a ton of mushrooms
mushrooms
dim sum
Chinese beef and broccoli
wonton soup
fresh mozzarella with ripe tomatoes, basil and olive oil
grilled salmon
green bean casserole
turkey with stuffing, cranberry sauce and all of the fixings
Hungarian Goulash
my Mom's salad with cranberries and maple-balsamic vinagerette
lemon bars
tabouli
falafel
Godivas
butternut squash, zuchini, summer squash and acorn squash
crab cakes
I could go on and on...
I forgot to mention stuffed peppers, Polish soups and pashka

So, you don't like many foods, do you? :)

Ken
02-07-2009, 07:10 PM
...what everyone above, and below, said :P
(Hoping they'll invite me over for dinner now ;-)

C.bronco
02-07-2009, 10:30 PM
After writing my post, all I could think of is the song from Oliver ("Food, food, glorious food!")

JoeEkaitis
02-07-2009, 10:58 PM
I can eat pizza and pasta until it's oozing from my pores. I'll keep at a quarter-pound (well, OK, half-pound) bar of 72% cacao dark chocolate until it's gone. Between Cathy and me, a 12-piece box of Popeyes spicy chicken rarely makes it to the 48-hour mark.

Ol' Fashioned Girl
02-07-2009, 11:00 PM
It's a lost cause. Ive been trying for years but only canadians like poutine. i figure thats okay, just leaves more for us.

That's 'poutine'? Shoot, we been eatin' that down here in Oklahoma for years and didn't know it was Canadian! We just call it 'The Mess'.

Ciera_
02-07-2009, 11:01 PM
Mmmm, poutine. God that stuff is glorious. But there are certain conditions!
-Curds! Curds, curds, curds! NOT mozzarella. Sorry, my mom lived in Quebec (briefly) and instilled in me a strong demand for real CURDS! They are much better
-Fries not too soft, not undercooked, not quite crispy
-I know that the traditional (Quebecois) poutine is made with a very thin, reddish gravy that we wouldn't even call gravy, here, but it's gotta be good beefy gravy for me
-NOT A&W POUTINE. I only had it once, and it may just have been a fluke, but they gave me essentially a bowl of gravy with a few fries and pathetic little strings of mozza floating in it.
GAWD was I ever dissapointed.
The little Steak and Pizza chain in my city (well, there are like 20 within 10 miles of my house, but I haven't heard of them anywhere else) makes excellent poutine. Sometimes. I guess it depends on the particular restaurant/cook.
Also, New York Fries poutine is wonderful. Mmmm...
Now I really want some of that. Extra salt and no ketchup! God, no ketchup.

sheadakota
02-07-2009, 11:15 PM
I never heard of poutine before- my initial reaction was ewwwwww!

But I'll keep an open mind and would eat it if it was a choice between that and maybe toture:tongue

I have seen people here (North central Pa) eat French fries with gravy and thought that was wierd-

Sorry guys- no offense- I'm sure some of the stuff I like would make you run away screaming too!

Haggis
02-07-2009, 11:34 PM
Alpo, Purina, Gravy Train.

Rolling Thunder
02-07-2009, 11:37 PM
Small dogs fattened on Alpo, Purina, and Gravy Train.

TerzaRima
02-07-2009, 11:53 PM
Middle Eastern, hands down. Except for the desserts, which rely heavily on things like rosewater and almond and just taste sort of dusty to me.

regdog
02-07-2009, 11:56 PM

Like this one

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l117/regdog/F_200611_november15B_66143a.jpg

Ciera_
02-08-2009, 12:07 AM
Now that is a cute dog. I bet my George Foreman grill would think so, too.

DL Hegel
02-08-2009, 12:21 AM
Like this one

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l117/regdog/F_200611_november15B_66143a.jpg

I got the horseraddish:D

Joe270
02-08-2009, 12:37 AM
I don't like: cooked carrots and anything with cilantro,

I friggin' hate it when people dump cilantro into salsas and ruin them. Cilantro is nasty.

I don't get it, they change the name from 'coriander', which no one ever used, to 'cilantro' and now everyone trendy has to dump the garbage into otherwise good food, rendering it inedible.

joyce
02-08-2009, 12:51 AM
I friggin' hate it when people dump cilantro into salsas and ruin them. Cilantro is nasty.

I don't get it, they change the name from 'coriander', which no one ever used, to 'cilantro' and now everyone trendy has to dump the garbage into otherwise good food, rendering it inedible.

Working in a grocery store has almost made me hate the stuff. I can smell it before it reaches me and when I touch it, the smell lingers forever.

I love Chinese, Mexican and good old southern food. I'll take them in any order.

Haggis
02-08-2009, 01:13 AM

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o15/Damnhaggis/romance_novel2.jpg

rhymegirl
02-08-2009, 01:52 AM
Alpo, Purina, Gravy Train.

Good.

Thank you for not mentioning rabbit.

Susie
02-08-2009, 03:26 AM
Great taste in foods for most of you guys. :)

Shadow_Ferret
02-08-2009, 03:45 AM
-Curds! Curds, curds, curds! NOT mozzarella. Sorry, my mom lived in Quebec (briefly) and instilled in me a strong demand for real CURDS! They are much better

Oh, I love cheese curds, if that's what you mean.

HAs to be factory fresh though. Grocery store packaged just will never do.

writerterri
02-08-2009, 03:56 AM
I eat Ferrets and carrots.

Sneaky Devil
02-08-2009, 04:02 AM
Porterhouse cooked on a grill...mmmmmm, that's my absolute fav
Anything Italian
Chinese buffets :D
Mexican food yum!
Cheeseburgers and fries
so many more.....
oh, and potato salad, i freakin' love potato salad
:D

Wayne K
02-08-2009, 04:26 AM
You know what I really love? Toast. Slather butter and jam or damn near anything you want on a good piece of toasted bread. It's simple and it's good, and it's all that's left in the house after my brothers get done with us.

cooeedownunder
02-08-2009, 05:37 AM
Italian :)

Wayne K
02-08-2009, 06:03 AM
I made some apricot chicken the other night, so I can say from experience that you guys should try Australian food. I do love curry. I forget where i got the recipe. {Grins wryly}

Susie
02-09-2009, 06:35 AM
Gee, all the food sounds great. Yummy, apricot chicken sounds wonderful, Wayne. Have any leftovers? :)

semilargeintestine
02-09-2009, 08:05 AM
Wow, what don't I like? For dinner last night I had garlic chicken breast, stuffed shells, mashed potatoes, and salmon. Then I had chocolate mousse for dessert. Mmm...

Generally though, I eat a lot of Italian for the carbs, chicken for the protein and potassium (in breaded chicken), and the occasional burger. I love Greek food, but I don't eat it too frequently.

NeuroFizz
02-09-2009, 08:33 AM
Just about everything mentioned upstream has me drooling. But my all-time favorite for breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner is:

Scrambled eggs, BACON, biscuits with country gravy, cheesy grits, and a big glass of orange juice. Breakfast-for-dinner is just too good for words.

Just a note (and not to piss off Joe), but I had an unexpected delight at a banquet some time back. It was a salmon steak, but it was the garnish that was so unexpected and delightful. It was a puree of fresh strawberries and cilantro. Sounds gross, but it was incredible with the salmon. I tried to duplicate it at home and it worked. Just a little blender work and it took me right back to the original experience. If anyone tries it, go a little light on the cilantro. A little goes a long way.

Susie
02-09-2009, 09:16 AM
Gee, I always get hungry all over again when I read the foods you guys post. Yummy! :)

Romantic Heretic
02-09-2009, 11:13 AM
Hot. So Mexican, Thai and Szechuan. :)