Do You Shop At F.Y.E.? A warning.

SouthernFriedJulie

Hidin' the bodies
Registered
Reaction score
Website
blacklabelbooks.blogspot.com
Two days ago my husband and I picked up a few books from F.Y.E.

Checking out the cashier kept pushing us to get a free trial of magazines. We got tired of it and said 'Ok'. The deal, as she told us, was 2 free months and we canceled if we didn't want them, blah blah blah. No cc required and so on.

We chose one, gave our address, then paid for the books. Today on our Paypal account we saw a charge for $2.01 from TWX Magazines. Looked up the magazines and found a lot of complaints on the company for unauthorized charges. Made the connection to the 'free' offer.

My problem isn't the two bucks. The issue is that we did not authorize this company to charge anything nor were we informed that FYE would be sharing our card number from our book purchase/membership.

So we call the store today and let them know what happened. The manager claims that we had to have signed a form and all. Nope, we sure didn't. He checked in the system after hubby argued with him, then came back on the line sounding sheepish.

Moral of the story, don't sign up for the mags, no matter how hard they push it and how much you want to get out of there. It isn't rude to just walk away. This magazine company has continued charging others after cancellation according to all the complaints. Oh and if possible, pay with cold, hard cash.