Confession of a Q-tip Addict

Cassiopeia

Otherwise Occupied
Registered
Reaction score
Star to the right and straight on till morning.
Meet Jimi---

Jimi2-1-1.jpg

Every day he creeps into his mommy's bathroom (that'd be me) and pulls the Q-tips out of their holder on the counter, one by one and drops them into the sink. He's so addicted to their soft little tips he has to drag them with him from one end of the house to another. His imagination knows no bounds and pretends they are a mouse trying to get away. He thinks to give them as gifts and leaves them in the family shoes.

Meet Little Miss--

Littlemiss-1.jpg

She would never dream of getting into trouble. Rather she stands guard at the door making frantic gestures as Mommy approaches that trouble is coming. We figure she eggs him on. Always watching and never too close to the scene of the crime.

What criminals are you harboring in your home and what crimes do they commit?

Lady Cat

Registered
Reaction score
Website
randomwriterlythoughts.blogspot.com
My cat Panda (the one I use as my avatar), likes to steal underwear. We call her our underpants gnome.

She also likes red things. One time I just about tripped over a red, woven blanket she'd managed to pull half-way up the stairs.

And she likes to steal those covered hair elastics - she's not picky about the colour for those.

The other cats limit themselves to drinking straws. They'll steal the straw right out of your drink if you don't watch out. They'll bat them around the house for hours and when they're done they hide them under the living room carpet.

And four out of five of my cats like to lick plastic.

Smish

Reads more than she writes.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My cat steals highlighters and pens. I'm trying to study for a really big exam at the moment, so I have everything stacked up on the bed (there's barely room to sleep), but as soon as I get all nestled into the pillows with a heavy book in my lap, I discover my highlighter is missing... every single time.

Sigh.

WittyWordsmith

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.KinseyMoberg.com
My dogs steal my seat. Constantly. They wait for me to move so they can creep in and steal the heated spot. They take my blankets, too. They are always pulling the blankets out of their crates and pulling my things in there.

At least 5 times a day, they flip the back of our area rug over and scratch their backs on it (like Balloo the bear in The Jungle Book, but smaller and more wiggly.)

Sadie is a pantie-snarfer, hardcore. Bentley chews socks, and Samson chews shoes, but only the back left heel of MY high-heels and flip-flops. Many a left shoe has lost its life that way.

And ALL of them attack me when I'm in the bathroom and try to jump on my legs when I'm seated on the toilet. It's a problem.

MoonWriter

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Of the four, only Frankyl-Puff should be charged with a cirme: Disorderly Conduct. When hungry, he jumps onto our bed and knocks things off of my wife's night stand. Funny how when he makes a mess, it's cute. When I make a mess, I get the eye-roll.

nevada

Registered
Reaction score
my pets of course are perfect (okay the cat is dead but still he was perfect, except where he woudlsleep on my arms while i was typing and then bite me when i tried to use the mouse) but i have catsat a couple of times two cats who woudl steal my nailpunch. which is quite heavy and im not sure how they managed to drag it around the house. which was annoying.

Cassiopeia

Otherwise Occupied
Registered
Reaction score
This is just too funny. I get home from my hair appointment and my son has to tell me about his latest "Jimi discovery". He found a little pile of assorted things in the basement work out room. Orange peels, bits of tissue, a twisty tie, q-tips, assorted wrappers, the ring from a milk jug and a few random things I have forgotten.

Now I know what he's been doing when he knocks over the garbage. He's looking for collectible items. Our roomie says, he's a guy cat...we guys need our things. It's stuff man. LOL

Too funny. Guys needs our things. It's a CAT! But we've been thinking that maybe he's feeling a little insecure. He's our rescue baby that was abandoned by his mommy and bottle fed by people. He doesn't know he's not a people. When I do the dishes, he paws around the floor around his dish and cleans his space. It's the cutest thing I've ever seen. He even hides stuff under his dish.

When we had AbbyCat here for a visit (she's my beautiful siamese girl whom my daughter swiped and took with her when she moved out) Abby would bat Jimi for getting into trouble. She'd see him behind the TV and when he was going after the cords she'd hiss at him and bat him until he got out of there. She'd come out looking at me like..."kids, what can ya do with them."

I love animals. They are so comforting.

Mr Flibble

They've been very bad, Mr Flibble
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We couldn't possibly do that. Who'd clear up the m
Website
francisknightbooks.co.uk
My cats stole a chicken once

I found it ( alive!) behind the telly. Taking it back was a tad embarrassing. And we never did work out how they got it through the cat flap.

At least they no longer bring me baby frogs as pressies.

And my dog likes to steal empty toilet rolls to chew.

Kitrianna

Official Bad Cat's Prez
Registered
Reaction score
In one of THOSE moods. Look out people, no one is
I had a female kitten back when Kthrok and I got married that would bring live crickets into the house and set them loose. After the almost dead bird and 2 dead mice she brought in, we figured that she felt crickets were best eaten freshly killed. It took us months to find and kill them all.

Now days, I have an instigator. My younger rescue, Zeus (who I have used as my avatar- he was the beautiful black cat) likes to dive bomb my older rescue, CJ. He also chews his catnip mice open and pulls out the stuffing as well as refusing to bury in the litter box. I have spent a fortune on incense because of him, but it is worth every penny when he curls up in my lap and purrs just cause I talked to him.

Oh and CJ isn't a perfect angel either. He has sinus probs, so he blows snot all over the place, including and especially on people he doesn't like. We don't have many guests anymore.

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
Not to derail from cute pet tricks, but the latest issue of Consumer Reports has a section on "Oops! Americans report risky behavior" and the very first item on the list of People do what they shouldn't is: Sometimes use cotton swabs to clean your inner ears. Yes 73%, No 26%!

OMG! I have engaged in risky behavior ALL my life. Someone chastise me.

You know, compared to the other items on the list, kids playing on trampoline, using the top step of a ladder, failing to fasten seat belts, and having a beer while using a power tool, using a Q-Tip seems really low on the risky behavior quotient.

Cassiopeia

Otherwise Occupied
Registered
Reaction score
Not to derail from cute pet tricks, but the latest issue of Consumer Reports has a section on "Oops! Americans report risky behavior" and the very first item on the list of People do what they shouldn't is: Sometimes use cotton swabs to clean your inner ears. Yes 73%, No 26%!

OMG! I have engaged in risky behavior ALL my life. Someone chastise me.

You know, compared to the other items on the list, kids playing on trampoline, using the top step of a ladder, failing to fasten seat belts, and having a beer while using a power tool, using a Q-Tip seems really low on the risky behavior quotient.
*giggles* SF, yes...that alert is where I got the title for this thread from. I think it's down right silly that the manufacturers of Q-tips have gone so far as this to indemnify themselves against lawsuits.