Hero sources for victim search

Michael Davis

Registered
Reaction score
Appreciate help. My hero is attempting to locate the home of a sixteen year old victim. There is no ID but he does know her first and last name, plus the city where she lives. He is a member of the FBI. What sources that are available to him would help the hero find the address of her home. For example, maybe CDC keeps immunization records for kids. Any help appreciated.

Thanx

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
School records

Teen hangouts.

Driver's license records.

If it's not too large of a town, and the name isn't too common, then look for everyone in the town with that last name. Of course, it wouldn't help if her last name is Smith and it's New York.

Tax records (maybe)

I'm sure the FBI has access to various databases.

I'm no expert on FBI procedures, just throwing out some ideas.

Last edited:

Rarri

Registered
Reaction score
Don't know what the US equivelent is, but the person could be on the (UK) Electoral Roll, i'm sure someone can be registered from 16+.

smcc360

I've Got An MFA In LEO
Registered
Reaction score
There are commercial databases which compile information from utilities, DMVs, magazine subscriptions, tax rolls, etc. The FBI has access to these.

There are databases which get their information from newspaper and magazine articles. Maybe she won a track meet or a cheerleading competition, and her local paper wrote her up.

Driver license files can be run with just a name and an age range. Vehicle registrations can be, too.

He could check phone listings, e-mail address databases, and MySpace and Facebook accounts (and what 16 year old girl isn't on MySpace?).

If he can't find her, he could always find family members, like parents or uncles/aunts. Older people have longer paper trails.

For a higher-priority case, he could always send agents from the local field office out to trawl area high schools with her name and photo (if available).

If she has broken bones or braces, medical insurance claims might exist in her name. He'd need subpeonas for those.

A criminal history check might yield something valuable, though a 16 year old girl is unlikely to have a rap sheet that isn't sealed. She'd be more likely to appear as a victim or a complainant on an incident report.

I assume you're talking about a murder victim?

Michael Davis

Registered
Reaction score
Yes, murder victim. No DL because the father would never allow her to get a DL, Afraid she would run away, which is what she did and was murdered, Does anyone know if the CDC or some other agency maintains records on childhood immunizations? I have another way to go in the story via the school, but for theme reasons, didn't want to use the school records.

BAY

Registered
Reaction score
No the CDC doesn't keep immunization records, but US schools require them to be submitted. Also Pediatricians keep records.

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
If I'm understanding your scenario, girl is murdered, no ID? But he somehow knows her first and last name? She has runaway or is hiding from father, but using her real name? I would question that unless you addressed it.

The first thing law enforcement would do is check missing persons/runaway reports. If they don't get hits there, they would check local schools and also shelters.

RJK

Sheriff Bullwinkle the Poet says:
Registered
Reaction score
The very first place they'd look is the phone book. failing there, missing persons reports would be the first place they'd look. As mentioned, the name wouldn't necissarily be reliable. Compare photo id's with missing persons reports that have photos. compare dental records with MP reports with those records. Compare physical description (scars, marks, tatoos) with reports. Fingerprints would be run through AFIS. Possibly ask the parents for an ID if they thought they had a match, but they wouldn't put them through that unless it was absolutely necessary.
Failing all those, it's back out on the street - asking questions.

VeggieChick

Registered
Reaction score
About a week ago, I was trying to remember a friend's address because I needed to send her a package. I had the address, but I had left it at home and didn't want to go back for it. So I went online, did a Google search for White Pages, typed her first, last name and city and I got the complete address. Totally creeped me out that it was so easy.