Can't sleep from all the exploding ATMs

Vincent

Cheers
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
A couple of nights ago I heard a bang. I hear a lot of bangs and cracks and fizzles around here-- fireworks mostly, and the occasional drug dealer marking a suburban drop via flare gun. I remember thinking 'that was a loud one', and promptly forgot about it. The next day, not two minutes walk from my front door, I found the reason. Someone had blown the bank up.

Now, they didn't mean to blow the bank up. They were just trying to pop open the ATM attached to the front of the bank. Only they must have been a bit too eager, and not only did they blow the ATM apart, they took out a portion of the facade and gutted part of the interior.

It looks like the work of a Sydney gang that have been doing this a lot up there lately. Four guys were seen legging it immediately, not even hanging around to pick up all the $50 notes raining down. Our boom was just a bit bigger than typical. My town- Warrawong- always a bit of a joke in the region, has now earned the tag Gazawong from local media. There was some talk that the building was left structurally unsound, but I reckon it'll turn good with a bit of paint and elbow grease. And a new ceiling. Maybe some bomb-proof glass. I'm happy to say that the nextdoor pizza place didn't miss a delivery.

440458.jpg

Last edited:

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
If the Sydney gang has been successful in opening up ATMs this way, I'd say it's more likely to be the work of an copy-cat gang. A very inept copy-cat gang.

Vincent

Cheers
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
If the Sydney gang has been successful in opening up ATMs this way, I'd say it's more likely to be the work of an copy-cat gang. A very inept copy-cat gang.

Around here I don't doubt it. The inept part, that is.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Geez, what ever happened to cleverly-plotted capers resulting in millions gone missing and no suspects? This brutish version lacks class, big-time. It's like going fishing by throwing dynamite into the pond.

Maryn, unimpressed

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
A guy here in Connecticut ripped out an ATM with his pick-up truck, and was caught dragging the thing down the road. Eh, at least he has a hobby.

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
We've had a couple here in Okieland where they've tried to pull an ATM out with their pickup... but the bumper wasn't strong enough. They left it behind both times, complete with the car tag. :D

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We've had a couple here in Okieland where they've tried to pull an ATM out with their pickup... but the bumper wasn't strong enough. They left it behind both times, complete with the car tag. :D

Ahh leaving their car tags behind, the sign of true criminal genius