Blog Comment Blitz - 9th-19th Feb 2009

escritora

Registered
Reaction score
I enjoyed the comment blitz we did last year. I’d like to have one in February. I’m “stealing” Ashton’s explanation of how the comment blitz works (hope that's okay Ashton).

What: Leave at least one comment at each other's blogs over a one-week period.

Where
: Online. The URLs list will be at the end of this post.

When
: February 9th (Monday) through February 19th (Thursday). We'll start sooner if we have enough people signed up sooner.

Why
: Why not? And to find new readers for our blogs, and to find new blogs for us to read. And because it's fun. And because we all love having comments on our blogs. And because blog commenting is the new pink.

How:
  • Sign up by posting a response in this thread. Please indicate the name of your blog and the blog URL in your post. Please make sure your blog is of general enough interest - or that there are at least a couple of recent posts that are of general enough interest - that anyone on AW will find something to comment on. I'm looking for around 15 participants total.
  • Start commenting on the 9th of February at each of the blogs on the list (excluding your own). Leave at least one comment per blog, on any post you like. Comments that are supportive, constructive, and/or witty are much appreciated. [For anyone participating in an AW blogchain or other blogging event: comments in those other events do not count as Blitz comments. Blitz comments must be created separately.]
  • Finish commenting by or before February 19th.
  • Report back in this list. Come back to this thread and leave a note saying that you've finished.
By signing up, you are committing to commenting on 14 blogs over a 10-day period (Feb 9th to the 19th). Please note that this will take both time and effort. If you aren't sure that you'll be able to do it, please don't ask to be added to the list. Thanks!

So who’s in???

Last edited:

escritora

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Razibahmend.

Who else is in?

truelyana

Set yourself free
Registered
Reaction score
Website
expressiveworld.com
Sounds like an interesting idea to read up on new blogs.

Is it one post per day per blog, or one post throughout the 14? Or something entirely different, that am missing?

escritora

Registered
Reaction score
It's one comment per blog in a ten day period. Unlike the the blog chain (which I enjoy doing and will participate in this month) you don't have to comment on a specific post. You can choose the post that piques your interest.

Does that make sense?

truelyana

Set yourself free
Registered
Reaction score
Website
expressiveworld.com
It's one comment per blog in a ten day period. Unlike the the blog chain (which I enjoy doing and will participate in this month) you don't have to comment on a specific post. You can choose the post that piques your interest.

Does that make sense?

To clarify: One comment per blog any day of the ten day period?
More than one comment per blog, within a ten day period?

Sorry, If I am not getting this instantly. Just want to double check.

razibahmed

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Website
hobbyecon.blogspot.com
Ana, I think that you will need to post at least one comment in each of the participating blogs within the 10 day time period. If you want to post more comments in any blog, it is upto you. The requirement is that you post one comment in each of the participating blogs.

truelyana

Set yourself free
Registered
Reaction score
Website
expressiveworld.com
Ana, I think that you will need to post at least one comment in each of the participating blogs within the 10 day time period. If you want to post more comments in any blog, it is upto you. The requirement is that you post one comment in each of the participating blogs.

I understand now.

Got that.

Thank you. :)

I'm in. :D

escritora

Registered
Reaction score
Great truelyana! Which blog?

Who else is in?

truelyana

Set yourself free
Registered
Reaction score
Website
expressiveworld.com
Just so you know I have created another blog today, to showcase my writing. (Thank you :)) Can that be added in here too? So people can have a choice of replying to one they feel more at ease in.

escritora

Registered
Reaction score
Also, we've had talk of bookmarking sites and the like. Perhaps people could social bookmark a few of their favourite posts, if they're a member of any bookmarking sites?

How does that work? I'm not familiar with the process.

escritora

Registered
Reaction score
Just so you know I have created another blog today, to showcase my writing. (Thank you ) Can that be added in here too? So people can have a choice of replying to one they feel more at ease in.

Sure, what's the blog url?

Polenth

Mushroom
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.polenthblake.com
How does that work? I'm not familiar with the process.

Social bookmarking is a way to have a public bookmarks list. They all work a bit differently, but I'll use Stumbleupon as an example.

I have a special Stumbleupon button on my web browser. When I see a site/page I like, I hit the button to bookmark it. I add in a description of the site if I want. Then all my friends on Stumbleupon see the site. It will also be offered as a random selection to people who like that sort of site.

I'm not suggesting that people should sign up to bookmarking sites specially for the comment blitz. But those who are already members might want to bookmark a few posts (or the main page of the blogs). I know I often forget to bookmark interesting posts, so it's a good way to remind myself to do so.

escritora

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Polenth. I'll look into it social bookmarking.

Kat Frass

Registered
Reaction score
I'd like to join up too, please. Blog is in siggy. Thanks!!