Status
Not open for further replies.

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Here's an excerpt from Prevention magazine:

"It's calorie-free and fills you up, so you eat less. It can also help flush away premenstrual bloating. Drink it ice-cold, and you'll even burn a few extra calories as your body warms it up."

brokenfingers

Walkin' That Road
Registered
Reaction score
I can vouch for that. Everything stated in the article is true plus the more water you drink, the better your body works - or at least this is true with mine.

I guarantee that if a person stops drinking soda and drinks only water instead - they will definitely notice the difference in time.

The water thing is another thing I've heard often, but it wasn't until I actually did it that I saw how true it was.

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
maestrowork said:
That's what I've been telling people... but they won't listen. They thought I was making things up.

Well now I've told them so they WILL listen.

Cassie88

Make mine a double entendre
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Water

There's this Russian guy in Boston. People go to him in droves - he has sessions to stop smoking and ones to lose weight. My sister did the Lose Weight one, and he went off in a tirade about how Americans drink way too much water and how it waterlogs everything and bloats up everyone's stomach.
I also know people who went for smoking.....When you ask them what he does, they can't really tell you...there not really sure! But my sister did lose weight...of course, she was going through a divorce and planning on meeting a man she'd met (get this) through a forum like AW...they wrote a song, beautiful, actually .... he came over from London and badda bing, they fell in love!
Sorry to get off track, these were factors that helped her lose the weight...
Okay, that's all. See ya later, Alligators!

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Cassie, love can be a great motivator for losing weight.

But I don't know why that guy would say water bloats your stomach. The article I took this from was titled: Flatten Your Belly FAST!

astonwest

2 WIP? A glutton for punishment
Registered
Reaction score
Website
astonwest.com
robeiae said:
I gag just thinking about a glass, but that's just me (my wife and kids drink a ton).

So did I, but I'm telling you...Splenda makes it taste a lot better...
plus, if you get a glass with lemon at a restaurant, you can make lemonade...
;)

brokenfingers

Walkin' That Road
Registered
Reaction score
robeiae said:
Water....puuuke!

I gag just thinking about a glass, but that's just me (my wife and kids drink a ton).

Rob:)

LOL!! That used to be my attitude too! For the majority of my life I've hated drinking water. It wasn't until the last year that I've become a convert.

My life used to be all about coffee, alcohol and cigarettes.

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
I drink a lot of water. It's a good way to keep your metabilism going well and also lose some extra poundage. I do drink Vitamin Water for flavors -- they're okay with about 50 cals or so.

mommie4a

Mother of All Addictions
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jillmillerzimon.com
What's old is new.

Man.

Thanks for posting, Kate.

rhymegirl said:
Here's an excerpt from Prevention magazine:

"It's calorie-free and fills you up, so you eat less. It can also help flush away premenstrual bloating. Drink it ice-cold, and you'll even burn a few extra calories as your body warms it up."

robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thepondsofhappenstance.com
astonwest said:
So did I, but I'm telling you...Splenda makes it taste a lot better...
plus, if you get a glass with lemon at a restaurant, you can make lemonade...
;)

True story:

My ultra-hick great uncle won a sales contest for his company (his territory was way out in the country). He got to go to the big city (think: town with more than one high school) for a luncheon. At the long table everyone was seated at, there were glasses of water with slices of lemon on the edge of the glass. He squeezed his lemon into the water, tasted it, then got up from his seat and took all the lemon slices from the as-yet-unoccupied places; then he squeezed all of them into his glass, added some sugar packets (he opened them first) and enjoyed his lemonade!

Rob

firehorse

Living the Dream
Registered
Reaction score
I looooooove water, but I'm very picky about the taste. Brita-filtered water, for example, tastes greasy to me. Evian seems to quench the best, though Naya (orPoland Spring in the States) is a more affordable alternative. I once found a fantastic Water-pik filter that attached to the faucet, but they discontinued the replacement filters. While I had it, though, it was heaven.

Tap water? Not a chance, at least not in Toronto.

I have a thing for Lipton Diet Peach Iced Tea; I can't get the mix here, so I have to rely on friends in the States. Tastes great, but definitely doesn't quench my thirst like plain water.

I am devoted to my Diet Pepsi (my dad always was mock-angry with me because he had stock in Coca-Cola), but I have to drink 3 or 4 litres a day of water (at least). When I'm cycling, I drink up to 10 litres a day.

And y'know what? I love it.

I especially love my Camelbak, a backpack with a reservoir for water and flexible tubing with a mouthpiece. Mine holds three litres; on especially hot nights - this might be TMI here - I just fill it up with water and ice and keep it by the bed.

As for losing weight... um, I'm not the poster child for that argument, but water definitely makes my skin look better. (I drink diet drinks because I can't stand the syrupy taste of full-cal ones.)

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
That's right, Sarah, water is very good for your complexion. I read an article about Jaclyn Smith, who still has beautiful skin at 57. She said drinking water is part of her beauty routine. It keeps her skin looking good.

rtilryarms

Crossbows and Handgonnes
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
true

I'll vouch for the water diet as well and I haven't had premenstrual bloating in nigh on 48 years

E.G. Gammon

Registered
Reaction score
Because I'm a writer, I have a lot of BIC weight and I'm starting to lose it. I switched from diet drinks to water and this thread has given me hope! I am very picky about what water I buy, too. I only buy water in bottles that are thin and flexible when you touch them in the store - the kind that make a loud cracking noise when you squeeze them. I avoid water in bottles with thick plastic or ones with no give when you squeeze them - ones with lots of air in them - because the water, to me, has a funky, moldy, plasticy taste. Dannon Natural Spring Water is my favorite.

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good for you!

I asked my doctor what's the best thing for me to drink (considering that I am not supposed to have caffeine, don't like tea, that soda is very gassy, that I hate diet soda, hate milk...not too many choices left except for fruit drinks. But I want to watch the calories)

She said, "Do you like water?" Weeeelll, it doesn't exactly have any taste. But I am willing to drink it for all the health benefits. And it does fill you up so you stop eating.

ritinrider

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
rtilryarms said:
I'll vouch for the water diet as well and I haven't had premenstrual bloating in nigh on 48 years

:) You sound like my fil - he used to tell us (his daughter-in-laws), that if we'd just drink soda water (his own concoction of baking soda dissolved in water - yuk) we wouldn't keep having babies. He'd been drinking it for 40 plus years, and never had a baby.

Nita

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
maestrowork said:
You can always add fruit juice to water...

As Hannibal Lecter once said, "Sounds charming."

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I think I'd rather add water to fruit juice. Flavor! Must have flavor!

Status
Not open for further replies.