Cry me an effin' river.

Pagey's_Girl

Still plays with dolls
Registered
Reaction score
If I gave a flying monkey's patootie about anything Bruce Springsteen says, does or thinks, it might be one thing, but seeing that I don't....

(Sorry for the snark, but he just annoys the crap out of me for some reason - Springsteen, not Joe. Our Joe is cool. :) )

Clair Dickson

A dark core to every cloud
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bofexler.blogspot.com
I won't shop at Wal-Mart. And I really hate Wal-Mart exclusives for that reason. If a band I was fond of released a Wal-Mart-only CD, then I wouldn't buy that CD.

I wouldn't object (too much) if my own stuff was sold at Wal-Mart... but I would refuse an exclusive. I won't criticize those who do shop there (often their prices are lower-- though at what cost?) but I wouldn't force my fans to shop at a place that will never, ever see a dollar from my hand.

So, I understand his point. I'm a little disappointed that his ivory tower doesn't include news on public opinion of Wal-Mart (apparently his TV doesn't run those Wal-Mart specials like mine does) but other than that, if he is unhappy with Wal-Mart practices, I think it's good that he follows through with actions not just words.

Note: I don't listen to his music or, really, anything he says.

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I don't know who's public policy annoys me more: Springsteen or Bono. If it's a "mistake" to sell your CD exclusively at Wal*Mart, STFU and don't sign the contract. If you have signed the contract and later think it's "a mistake", kwitcherbitchen. Who's fault is that? Betcha don't do that again! (Not really a fan of either Springsteen, Bono, or Wal*Mart, either.)

bsolah

AW's Resident Commie
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.benjaminsolah.com
How does he not know Walmart are union-busters?

I mean, I fully agree with him that he shouldn't have put it on sale because that place does attack worker's rights.

But he's a bit of an idiot if he didn't know this until now.

This should probably be moved to P&CE.

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
How does he not know Walmart are union-busters?

I mean, I fully agree with him that he shouldn't have put it on sale because that place does attack worker's rights.

But he's a bit of an idiot if he didn't know this until now.

This should probably be moved to P&CE.
Pick and choose.