I hate it here.

Eskimo1990

is here :)
Registered
Reaction score
I hate living at my dad's.

This is my senior year and it is going to be the worst year I've ever had.

He doesn't even want to throw me a graduation party.

I hate it here.

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
Gee, that bites, skisy. Maybe you can get together with a few of your friends and go out to eat? Hope your graduation is great anyway!

petec

Lurking
Registered
Reaction score
We can have a party here for your Graduation

party-067.gif
party-067.gif
party-067.gif
party-067.gif

Kate Thornton

Still Happy to be Here. Or Anywhere
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.katethornton.net
Damn, you are lucky to have a place to live. Maybe you don't feel lucky, maybe you feel entitled because you live at home. And children are entitled to a safe and comfortable place to live. But you are going to graduate into adulthood - so you need to look at your situation with adult eyes.

Senior year - time to look at the world outside, not the confines of your living arrangements. I guarantee independence has a price.

No graduation party - well, throw yourself a party when you are independent. Then you can have what you want, do what you want. But as I said, independence has a price, just like living at your Dad's has its price.

Life is going to be a trade off - you can have what you want, you just may not be able to have everything at once.

And like petec said, we can throw you a party here. We will throw you a party here!

And Susie's idea is a good one, too. Adults go out to dinner with friends to celebrate momentous occasions. Step up and enjoy!

It's the transition that graduation marks that's important. Parties will come and go your whole life. Congratulations on your impending graduation.

Clair Dickson

A dark core to every cloud
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bofexler.blogspot.com
Oh... people actually *want* graduation parties? Huh. My mom threatened to throw me one but I thwarted her when I dropped out of high school my junior year. ;-)

Sorry you're unhappy about your living situation. Keep in mind that perception can color the world. If you look at this as being the worst year and keep reminding yourself how much it sucks, it will suck. You can find a bright spot to the situation if you want to. Or at least a neutral one.

Here's a bright spot to consider-- you have a place to stay. You may not like it, but someone will let you live with them while you finish high school. Not all my students have that... (often through no fault of their own.)

This too shall pass. This is a finite problem. All the best to you.

WittyWordsmith

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.KinseyMoberg.com
Start saving money for your own place, if you're not already. I moved out on my 18th birthday, and I loved it.

Take responsibility for your life and situation, then you'll have nobody to blame if you hate it!

It could really suck, and that's too bad. But just know that your senior year flies by faster than any other year in high school (usually) and it will be over before you know it. In the meantime, get ready for what comes next!

Reaction score
Here's what I did when living with my folks got too much:

I moved out.

WittyWordsmith

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.KinseyMoberg.com
I never wanted a graduation party and thus did not have one, save a small celebration with family members at home.

Just be glad you have a dad - mine recently passed away and you only have one in your life.

I'm so sorry to hear that!!

I fear that I'll lose mine in the near future as well. He's borderline diabetic with high cholesterol, overweight, and very stressed out. I dread the day I get the call he had a heart attack...

In any event, I feel for you in this time of grief.

Kathleen42

crushing on fictional characters
Registered
Reaction score
I never wanted a graduation party and thus did not have one, save a small celebration with family members at home.

Just be glad you have a dad - mine recently passed away and you only have one in your life.

I was the same way. I had family over for my high school graduation. A few years later, when graduation from college, my parents took me out to dinner.

Am sorry for your loss.

To the OP: anyone who says your teenage years are the best of life are either lying or living in some blessed state where God and the angels are protecting them in a sweet bubble off which angst merely bounces off.

On the plus side: you are graduating and this too shall pass.

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My daugh didn't want a 18th Birthday party a few months back. She honestly felt it was too much of a burden in these hard economic times and to hold such would imply gifts. Instead she joined a few friends for a nice dinner out.

And she doesn't want a graduation party this senior year. She's cool like that, level headed, sensitive to others and says just put any monies we were planning on such for a party, toward her college... I'm a lucky mum. Indeed.

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not Kirk, Spock, Luke, Flash or Arthur frellin
Website
www.myspace.com

I hate it here.
I threw myself--a 16th B-day party at a friends. Had 75 of my closest friends;) Best B-day ever! My Grams never threw me parties. If you want one-you can make it happen:)

Hang in there-- and remember almost there, girl.

BTW if you live by me I would throw you a party!

Samantha's_Song

At least I don't need backing-up
Registered
Reaction score
I'm 48 years old and have never had a party in the whole of my life, not one solitary birthday party thrown in my honour, and because it's so near to Christmas, everyone, including family, forgets it. So I'll tell you what I do, I buy myself a really wonderful present every year. I've just bought myself a pink MSI Wind netbook for my writing as last year's pressie hehehe :D I would have had it before Christmas, but couldn't get hold or them for love nor money, not in pink anyway, unless I paid nearly £100 over the top. I've got it now though!

TrainofThought

A flowering bud of bitchiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.authordenisebaer.com

I hate it here.
That sucks. It's nice to have a graduation party. Ignore the ignorant or in your face responses. You feel the way you do and that's that, but I wouldn't come here for sympathy.

I hope things get better.