Valentines Daaay is Gonna Be Here Soooooon!

Kiester

I love lamp.
Registered
Reaction score
Ayup people of AbsoluteWrite!

I aint been on here for quite a bit, with university work and whatnot bogging me down in a cespool of essays and practical work, but ya have to do it at some point. :p

Anyways, Imma gonna talk about valentines day, since it's only around 15 days away or so, and because I'm pretty curious.

What are you gonna do for your loved one for Valentines Day? And why?

I'll start:

My girlfriend loves this film thats kinda popular, which is called Love Actually (Probably might have heard of it, it was kinda popular), and she loves a perticular scene in it and.....I'll just post a link, it's easier Lol:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Is9xHR11E3A

I'm gonna turn up at her dorm before we go out, and do that, but obviously edit it a little to make it more sensible.

What dya think? Good or Bad idea?

-K x

Reaction score
Absolutely nothing, because I'm single, have been for most of my adult life and probably will be until I die alone, surrounded by newspapers, toenail clippings and bottles of urine.

Jcomp

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
This is the first Valentine's Day in years where I actually have a girlfriend. I'm wildly out of practice. I'm just going to get her a bag of money with the words "Bag of Money" printed on the side of it...

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
This is the first Valentine's Day in years where I actually have a girlfriend. I'm wildly out of practice. I'm just going to get her a bag of money with the words "Bag of Money" printed on the side of it...
You have a girlfriend? Crap. Well, there goes that angle...

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
My husband and I used to give each other horror movies on Valentine's day, but it's gotten to the point where it's not worth the waste of money.

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm signed up for a romantic dinner with my sweetie at some fancy italian place. Apparently a high-capacity cuisinart food processor is the desired gift this year, but those things are really expensive...

M.R.J. Le Blanc

aka Sadistic Mistress Mi-chan
Registered
Reaction score
Same as any other day, really. My friend has a show that day, if I could afford to go I'd be there for that. But it's unlikely, so it'll be just another Saturday for me :)

Storm Dream

Into the blue memory
Registered
Reaction score
Not a darn thing. I don't think I've ever had a boyfriend during Valentine's Day...I will probably go home, eat dinner, and watch "Family Guy" or something like that.

It used to be my single girlfriends and I would do something for the evening. They're all paired up now. I'm the last holdout. ;) Ah well.

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
Well, I always tell Mr. Susie when he buys me chocolate that it's for Valentine's Day, even if it's in July. He believes me for some reason. :) Then on Valentine's Day, he makes me a delicious dinner and I eat it. It works out really well. lol.

SirOtter

Il Cavaliere Marino
Registered
Reaction score
I have tickets to the Nashville Symphony for me and the Missus of 27 1/2 years, AKA She-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed. Itzhak Perlman will play his fiddle and conduct Beethoven that night. There will also be candy and flowers, if I have any hope of reaching 28 years of wedded bliss alive.

Williebee

Capeless, wingless, & yet I fly.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ifoundaknife.com
Not sure about the gift, yet. But I'm probably cooking. Figure barbecued shrimp, fresh steamed asparagus, couscous. The fun should be in the dessert - Chocolate pasta, softened vanilla bean ice cream, strawberries.

maybe some flowered tea, depending on the weather.

Gotta figure out the gift.....

thethinker42

Abnormal Romance Author
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gallagherwitt.com
Valentine's Day is forbidden in my house. It took my husband three years to figure out that this is a "no, really, I HATE VALENTINE'S DAY" thing, not a "I'm saying it, but you damn well better buy me something anyway" mind game.

WendyNYC

fiddle-dee-dee
Registered
Reaction score
I think that's a cute idea, Kiester. I'd dig it.

The hubs called for a sitter (!) and we will be going out to dinner and maybe a movie.

Gravity

Seen 'em come, seen 'em go
Registered
Reaction score
Once you've heard the truth, everything else is ju
Valentine's Day = extortion. I mean, I give my loving wife of (mumblety-mumble) years something nice anyway, but all the TV commercials with the hollow-eyed, sunken-cheeked women of avarice slyly telling their boyfriends, in effect, "buy me something nice or your balls are forfeit, dear heart" make me cringe.

brokenfingers

Walkin' That Road
Registered
Reaction score
This is one of those holidays I just don't get. I've heard lots of friends complaining about it, but I never really understood what it was about and didn't want to ask.

So, it's a day to celebrate eating chocolate, is that about right?

Kiester

I love lamp.
Registered
Reaction score
This is one of those holidays I just don't get. I've heard lots of friends complaining about it, but I never really understood what it was about and didn't want to ask.

So, it's a day to celebrate eating chocolate, is that about right?

I always thought that would be Easter :tongue

Serenity

NCIS...
Registered
Reaction score
...cause sometimes you just need a slap on the hea
Uh... I like the candy. That's about it. I think I've only had one REAAAAAAAAAAAALLY good Valentine's Day-- and no, you don't get to hear about that except to say that it really had nothing to do with gifts, flowers, or anything else like that...

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
And I shall celebrate it alone :(

brokenfingers

Walkin' That Road
Registered
Reaction score
I understand the desire to not be alone and to have someone to share your life with, but I don't believe in following anyone else's idea that if it isn't so on a particular day or time, then there's something wrong.

Valentine's Day is just another day. It has no meaning besides the one you give it. If you're with someone, then it's a time to celebrate that, perhaps.

But if you're not, I hardly think it's a time to feel especially bad about it. Many couples hate Valentine's Day.
Valentine's Day is a frivolous holiday. Being lonely is not.

Don't worry about that particular day and live your life in a way that makes you happy. Do the things that you enjoy and that make you feel alive.

Don't worry - you'll find someone. Trust me. Don't sweat the small things and focus on the big picture.

Happiness shared is a wonderful thing, but ultimately, happiness comes from within.

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I understand the desire to not be alone and to have someone to share your life with, but I don't believe in following anyone else's idea that if it isn't so on a particular day or time, then there's something wrong.

Valentine's Day is just another day. It has no meaning besides the one you give it. If you're with someone, then it's a time to celebrate that, perhaps.

But if you're not, I hardly think it's a time to feel especially bad about it. Many couples hate Valentine's Day.
Valentine's Day is a frivolous holiday. Being lonely is not.

Don't worry about that particular day and live your life in a way that makes you happy. Do the things that you enjoy and that make you feel alive.

Don't worry - you'll find someone. Trust me. Don't sweat the small things and focus on the big picture.

Happiness shared is a wonderful thing, but ultimately, happiness comes from within.

Thanks, and its not really about the day itself. I think it's just my feelings on being single period at this time in my life.