Where do you write?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rarri

Registered
Reaction score
In a curious mood :)

Where do you do most of your writing? Right now i'm perched on our desk with the laptop!

dirtsider

Not so new, really
Registered
Reaction score
In my bedroom. I only have a PC currently and that's the only place I could put it. One of these days, I'd like to get a laptop and get out of my house more, if only to the local library.

However, I do go to a tea shop I found to do my research reading. They've gotten to know me, although I've only been going there for a couple months. Then again, I do love their teas.... Their "off" hours are great when they don't get many people.

HorsebackWriter

Dream at a gallop!
Registered
Reaction score
Fun. : )

I write sitting on the couch in the living room when my husband isn't home, then I'll move to the bedroom when he is, (so I can listen to music while he's watching television), and oftentimes during daylight hours, I have my laptop on my lap in the rocking chair on the porch. The porch looks out over the desert and our horses and is very peaceful and inspiring.

Once my husband is asleep, I'm back on the couch again, pounding away.

But -- to get some extra quiet during NaNoWriMo, I was outside writing on top of one of our big haystacks.

Em

Last edited:

quickWit

Totally Ninja!
Registered
Reaction score
Wherever I can, whenever I can, but many nights I'll stay up after the family has retired and write on a laptop at the dining room table. I do most of my research on the web with the same laptop. :)

semilargeintestine

BassGirl 5000
Registered
Reaction score
I wrote the outline to my WIP in class, but I have written everything in the actual piece on my laptop at my kitchen table. There's something about the proximity to food and the view out the back door that puts me in the mood.

firedrake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
On my laptop in the living room.

lakotagirl

Forgot what I was gonna say
Registered
Reaction score
Since it's winter, usually at my desk. Except right now I am on the couch.

Summertime is a whole different story. I still do most my writing at my desk, but when the weather is perfect, I head down to the pond and sit on the dock. I might write better down there. Or I might just be happier with anything when I am down there.

thethinker42

Abnormal Romance Author
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gallagherwitt.com
Usually on my couch with my feet up on the coffee table. Sometimes I take my Neo out and go write in a restaurant, or I take a notepad with me when I take a bath (yes, I write in the bathtub).

In the last 48 hours, though? I've written in the airport terminals in Okinawa and Tokyo, on my flights to Tokyo and Seattle, at my parents' kitchen table, in the driver's seat of my car (I was parked), in the bathtub, and in bed.

sunna

Registered
Reaction score
Mostly here. Sometimes on long car rides, provided I'm not the one driving. On planes. In terminals. Coffee shops and pubs and, occasionally, at work.

AnonymousWriter

Registered
Reaction score
Usually at the desk in my bedroom. Sometimes in my bed.
God, I wish the weather was better so I could write outside.

Sneaky Devil

Tale-spinner
Registered
Reaction score
I sit on my bed with my laptop either in my lap or sitting right in front of me...sometimes i write on the couch too...i don't have a desk, weird!

:D

Reaction score
On the laptop sitting on the coffee table. The laptop, I mean, not me.

On my Neo, anywhere.

And sometimes with a notepad and pen curled up on the floor in front of the fire.

Claudia Gray

Registered
Reaction score
Mostly in my "writing corner," which is on one side of my living room. Big comfy chair, leather ottoman, pillows, laptop. I only write in the bedroom if I'm laid up sick.

If I am traveling, I will work in the airport and the hotel, and I've gotten a lot of writing done on trains and express buses. I find the angle of airplane seats all wrong for laptops, though, so I can't write on planes.

Every once in a while I will take the laptop to the library, and when it's nice out, I'll get the backpack and a folding chair and go to the park.

I can brainstorm notes on the subway, which has proved to be an unexpectly good place to outline.

thethinker42

Abnormal Romance Author
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gallagherwitt.com
If I am traveling, I will work in the airport and the hotel, and I've gotten a lot of writing done on trains and express buses. I find the angle of airplane seats all wrong for laptops, though, so I can't write on planes.

Duuuude, you should try first class. :D I was put in first class yesterday (no idea why, wasn't asking questions) and ZOMG...it was PERFECT. Pity my laptop battery was dead, but with my Neo...I was in heaven. HEAVEN.

Then I got on my flight from Tokyo to Seattle. Dammit. I think there was more room in my soda can than my damned seat...

Kathleen42

crushing on fictional characters
Registered
Reaction score
In what I like to call my "geek" room. Really it's a second bedroom that I use as a home office but it's where all my geeky things (Doctor Who action figures, Marvin from the HHGTTG, poster of aliens attacking Paris, Mr. T bobble heads, etc, etc, etc) live.

WittyWordsmith

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.KinseyMoberg.com
I write on the couch, laptop on lap, and feet propped up on the recliner footstool. I have an office, but don't tend to write in there because... well... I'm not sure. Maybe I should give it a real go sometime. I think it's because my feet get cold and I feel weird cuddling up in a blanket in an office chair.

I'm so odd.

OctoberRain

I triple dog dare you.
Registered
Reaction score
At home, in my little office. I used to write in bed but that didn't bode well for other things...

foonting

Registered
Reaction score
In our lounge when my wife is at work (like now)....Laptop where I can when she isn't. She's understanding and tries not to make a noise insisting I can work in the lounge while she reads. But no can do though, I swear she thinks loudly...I just can't concentrate.:D

kristin724

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kristinbattestella.blogspot.com
Used to be at the desktop in my bedroom most of the time, but now I have a nice home office I have to share with my husband. So, usually I'm on the right side of the couch set up with the laptop and all my accessories on the end table. Sometimes I sit in the recliner and work, but I can't seem to sit on the left side of the couch where my husband usually sits. I tend to write mostly at night once the hubby goes to bed from 11 pm to 3 am. If I get this new job I'm hoping for, we'll see how the schedule has to change!

DaddyCat

Registered
Reaction score
I only write at home, and usually on my desktop system in a spare bedroom/home office. Sometimes I try to write in a living room recliner with a laptop or netbook, but the cats rarely let me.

Status
Not open for further replies.