Want to hear something that will really burn your butt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdmkay

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mdmkay.blogspot.com
I started to submit some of mss's before I left my soon to be ex. That's been about 3 years ago. As all of you know I was one of those caught in PA's trap but that wasn't with this particular mss. The mss was sent to my old address and I was always asking my ex if it had come back. One day he said it did and they had rejected me but said if I could find some illustrations for the book I could probably re-aplly in about 6 months....but he forgot where he lost the letter. Like a dumb butt like I am ...I believed him. Alot of stuff was going on in my life (unavoidable things where I couldn't even get assess to a computer) and I didn't know any illustrators and the project kept getting put off and off and like a year later I called to see if they were still interested if I could find an illustrator....she said she didn't remember the mss and they were going through a big overhauling of the company to wait 6 mths and re-submit. I did and they rejected it...not a real big thing. UNTIL I got to snooping when I went back to my youngest son's graduation and found the letter on top in a bottom drawer of a file and found out not only had I been accepted they were all excited about obtaining it and they had given me the name and contact details of the illustrator who they had wanted me to get in touch with to do the illustrations for the book. This is three years later.....anyone want to guess how mad I was when I found this???????? What made it worse I couldn't even scream or kill him because he would have known I was snooping (I took the letter however). GEEZ WHAT A CREEP!!! Of course, now that particular publisher is no longer doing children's book they do media publishing for businesses. GROAN. It was Red Carpet Publisher...quit someone tell me they were only a scam anyway and make me feel better.

mommie4a

Mother of All Addictions
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jillmillerzimon.com
Wow Kay - what a story. I still think you should try to contact the illustrator and see if the editor who accepted what you'd submitted has moved to a different publisher that still publishes the type of work you submitted. Breathe life into that baby! You can do it. And it will be great revenge.

arrowqueen

RIP, our sarky besom
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Feel free to kill him. It's justifiable homicide.

KimJo

Outside the box, with the werewolves
Registered
Reaction score
Website
karennacolcroft.com
How horrible! I wish you could at least confront him with the letter.
Since you're a writer, I'm sure you can come up with a creative form of revenge!

mdmkay

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mdmkay.blogspot.com
Where in the world did you find that Navigator? I tried to google and all kinds of things to find them again. However, after turning it down the second time I submitted it, I can't send it again, and it doesn't sound as if they are still the same small company that I had submitted to before............God, my head hurts just thinking about this...........They definetly didn't take on published work before but I also see they do take unpublished work........can you see my mind going in all kinds of circles--along with my stomach. I do have a book that I think might interest them and as for illustrations I actually now have a friend that does great illustrations.........I need to think about this for awhile.

I know I sound like I just went insane but you just can't believe how deeply hurt I was to find that damn letter...........and worse the sob has kept it all these years. Sometimes I swear that man is the bane of my existance. It was bad enough that after 16 years of marriage he brings up in conversation that he is gay.........mind you he's been giving me **** for a year about his "mid-life" crises and wanting to get out of the marriage........then after he tells me this he still has the balls to tell me he still wants to stay married (with me as faithful as I've been for over 6 years with no sex......and him having a gay old time...excuse the pun)........of course he tells my kids that it my fault that the marriage is breaking up............and if that didn't beat all after getting all that crap straightened out and I can really lop him off at the knees he gets diagnosed with terminal cancer.........so now I have to play nice again....DAMN IT!!!!

Please excuse me while I go have my melt-down now, its been long overdue and I've alread paid handsomly for it.

Celeste

Banned
Reaction score
OMG! Kay!

This pisses me off. What a scumbag mother ******!!! Ugh! :mad:

Now, I'm in no position to give out marriage advice. I'm pretty much going through a similar separation/divorce. Well, my husband's not gay, but I do call him a p*ssy. Lol...;)

Okay... Lets forget about our azzhole husbands for a minute. The
manuscript...

It does indeed suck to find this out. I would be irrate. I'd be close killing him.
But look to the positive... If this manuscript is good enough to be accepted once, you can still find a publisher. Three years ago would've been nice, yes, but that's vindictive men for ya... The sh*t they do to try to hold us back. I can't say that my husband would do something like that to me, but I can relate to him deliberately trying to hold me back, or prevent me from moving forward, succeeding, etc.. so that he would still have me dependant on him. It threatens him that I'm able to, or can be independant. Okay, see I'm relating too much of my own drama into this. Now, back on track...

You're feeling disgusted, hurt, vengeful, discouraged... But you gotta lift yourself up and move forward. You send that manuscript back out. Like I said, if you got it accepted once, you can do it again. You be strong! Don't let this azzhole get the best of you. And yes, confront the sh*t out of him! But you also need show him that his lying, deceiving, his scheming will not stop you. That's exactly what he wanted to do. Don't give him the satisfaction of knowing he held you back. You get that baby published and shove it in his face when you do! You can do it!

And remember Karma. What goes around, comes around...;)

If you need to talk, anything... you know I'm here. :Hug2:

celeste

Last edited:

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
mdmkay said:
he gets diagnosed with terminal cancer.........so now I have to play nice again....DAMN IT!!!!

No, you don't.

Please excuse me while I go have my melt-down now, its been long overdue and I've alread paid handsomly for it.<<<<<and that's why.

JMO, but if you 'play nice' because you want to, that's one thing. If you 'play nice' because other people expect you to, that's another ball of wax. Do what's right for you this time - it's your turn.

Feel free to tell me to bug off, but I hate to see you suffer any more than you already have. You seem like a nice person and you deserve more than leftovers out of life.:kiss:

mdmkay

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mdmkay.blogspot.com
Feel free to tell me to bug off, but I hate to see you suffer any more than you already have. You seem like a nice person and you deserve more than leftovers out of life.:kiss:

Thank you Unique I could never tell you to bug off I like you way too much. I've had alot of rotten things happen in my life but in the same vein I've had some of the greatest people in my life so it all kind of evens out in the end. I've had to stay nice since my youngest son wanted to stay living with him (didn't want to leave his school, friends, etc..and of course I see and talk to him (my son) very frequently). The s.o.b. has been holding me at emotional gunpoint with the emotional and physical security of my son (he would never hurt him but he threatens me with with my kids and him being out on the street destitute if I ever try and hit him up for any money). Well, I've been patient and my youngest has now graduated so he is not going to be financially dependent on good old dad anymore (see me laughing wickedly) and the divorce doesn't go to court til June ( I wonder if he has ever wondered why I haven't rushed to get him into court for the divorce. He can say goodbye to his 401K). I figure if I get that it will pretty much pay me back for putting up with his BS these last 3 years.

Lucky Penny

Been gone WAY too long!
Registered
Reaction score
OH, mdmkay!! What a horrible story & what a hideous excuse for a human being! I agree 100% with Unique about 'playing nice!!' You don't HAVE to play nice. Celeste's comment about karma is so very true!! It certainly looks like it's going to get him in THIS life, right now, no more waiting!!!

(((hugs))) Wish I could just hug all the terrible things away!

Johanna

Registered
Reaction score
That publisher does look kind of shady. The illustrations are very poor, and you're supposed to order via paypal?

If they were a proper publisher they would have called you (and even if they did most of their business via mail, they would have at least looked you up in the phonebook when you didn't get in touch with them after the acceptance letter). Once you expressed your interest in publishing with them, they would have offered you a contract (and there would most likely have been time for negotiations), not just paired you up with an illustrator right away.

Last edited:

mdmkay

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mdmkay.blogspot.com
well, that was part of the problem is because I had moved out of the house by then........oh well I feel better now I see all the crap they have on there now.

thistle

Hipster Doofus
Registered
Reaction score
I know that the publisher was awful, but I'd still love to help you throttle your ex.

Here's some cyber wine. Drink up! Let's have a toast to you having the courage and brains to leave him in the first place!

Remember the best revenge is living well. The second best is using fertilizer to write something naughty on his front lawn. :D If you need help toilet papering his house, I'm sure some of us will donate some spare rolls to help with the effort!

mdmkay

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mdmkay.blogspot.com
Remember the best revenge is living well. The second best is using fertilizer to write something naughty on his front lawn. :D If you need help toilet papering his house, I'm sure some of us will donate some spare rolls to help with the effort!

I swear when I read this I almost spit my pepsi all over my computer (diet for all you that heard about the diet). You have no idea how that man worships that stupid lawn. The image of his face when he saw his lawn would be priceless but then again I'm tried of the being price--less. This time I plan on at least costing him some big bucks. My last marriage I took 1/2 the bills and my son. This time our kids are all grown up and I'm taking 0 bills and all of 401K,,,,,,,,getting a little smarter in my old age......

JoniBGoode

Registered
Reaction score
Revenge

mdmkay said:
I This time I plan on at least costing him some big bucks. My last marriage I took 1/2 the bills and my son. This time our kids are all grown up and I'm taking 0 bills and all of 401K,,,,,,,,getting a little smarter in my old age......

MK- Has your attorney seen this letter? Might be useful in court, since the ex has deprived you of potential income.
mad.gif
Take him for all you can, and then walk away.

I don't see it as your responsibility to care for him while he has cancer. That's what all his boyfriends are for. (By the way, do you have independent verification of the diagnosis?) If the kids object, that's the time to show them the letter.

Forgiveness has its place. This is not one of them. Just MHO. Sorry if I sound bitter. I'm not. I'm just naturally a b**ch.
emoticonguns2.gif
emoteDisappear.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.