Anyone know how long to wait before query to Burst?

eric11210

Registered
Reaction score
I sent them a story a few weeks ago. I know it's too soon to be concerned, but I wanted to note in my calendar when I should contact them if I haven't heard anything.

Also, does anyone know if they send acknowledgment of receipt? I didn't get any response so I assume they don't, but if they are supposed to, then I guess I'd best query now. . .

Thanks for any info.

Eric

Mumut

Well begun is half done...
Registered
Reaction score
I was told to send a SSAE purely for them to send back to acknowledge receipt.

eric11210

Registered
Reaction score
I was told to send a SSAE purely for them to send back to acknowledge receipt.

You sure you're referring to Burst Literary Ezine? Or is there another publication called Burst somewhere? They don't list a physical address, just e-mail:

Terra Media, LLC is a two-person company founded in 1997. We publish a monthly village newspaper(The Kohler Villager) and toss in a few other projects now and then. BURST is our first literary magazine, and as far as I know the first one designed especially for mobile devices.
If you think you have something meaningful to say and can get to the point in less than 700 words, you're welcome to submit. Send your material in the body of an email and I'll give it a look. If we publish it you retain all rights, and we'll send you a check for $10. Simultaneous submissions and reprints are accepted.

Kevin, editor
(looking way too serious)

kevin.GIF

burst_email.bmp

(http://www.terra-media.us/burst/about_us.html)

eric11210

Registered
Reaction score
Turns out I didn't have to worry. Got a rejection last night. I reworked it a bit and sent it out again to another market. . .

Eric

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
It's always hard waiting for the responses to come. Some mags are pretty quick with them. I remember recieving an acceptence in only a few days from one, and for others have had to wait months. Same with rejections. Sometimes a week, other times 4 or 5 months. Best thing to do is not wait on replies and just write another story or two and send them out. At the moment I'm waiting on a rejection positive response from a mag that can take up to 16 weeks to get back to people.

And good luck on the new query. My fingers are crossed for you :) .