What's happening in S. California! I'm afraid to go outside.

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
A man kills his family and himself a total of 7 people. Day before yesterday.

Today, a Culver City police officer was killed on his way to work by 21 year old. Head on colision. Killed both of them instantly.

Today, a man tries to abduct a small child right in front of her in broad daylight.

Today, a crazy/distraught woman gives chace in a U-Haul for two hours then finally runs out of gas and gives foot chace then tries to enter a pulled over car! She's tackled and now in custody.

Right now, a small airplane crashes at Santa Montica air port. Kills both people.

Right now, a school bus is hit by with two kids on board. Two cars involved. Looks like no one is hurt.

I'm staying in.

ErylRavenwell

Banned
Reaction score
California is a state of 36 million and the crime rate should be in proportion to its population. So, Terri, wake me up when they are committing genocide there.

William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net

Today, a Culver City police officer was killed on his way to work by 21 year old. Head on colision. Killed both of them instantly.

Today, a man tries to abduct a small child right in front of her in broad daylight.

Today, a crazy/distraught woman gives chace in a U-Haul for two hours then finally runs out of gas and gives foot chace then tries to enter a pulled over car! She's tackled and now in custody.

Right now, a small airplane crashes at Santa Montica air port. Kills both people.

Right now, a school bus is hit by with two kids on board. Two cars involved. Looks like no one is hurt.

I'm staying in.

What's happening in S. California! I'm afraid to go outside.

1. people commit murder every day
2. fatal auto accidents happen every day
3. kidnappings happen every day
4. crazy people act out every day
5. airplane crashes happen... probably not every day, but frequently
6. non-fatal auto accidents happen every day

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I dunno werri, sounds like a typical day in LA! Seriously, if you don't hear gunshots near your home, or domestic disputes from your neighbors, and police helicopters aren't shining lights down on the building next door, it's all good in the hood!

Beach Bunny

The Provocative One
Registered
Reaction score
I dunno werri, sounds like a typical day in LA! Seriously, if you don't hear gunshots near your home, or domestic disputes from your neighbors, and police helicopters aren't shining lights down on the building next door, it's all good in the hood!
Ah, how I miss the sounds of the Hollywood Police helicopters hovering over my neighborhood. :)

mario_c

Your thoughts are not real...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mariocaiti.com

Or as it's known in any big city, Wednesday.
Gotta love LA, though. It's a big, hot, sprawling, glamorously dangerous clusterf%*k of humanity. And I look forward to visiting it again someday.

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
Don't read the newspapers, watch television, or read any online news sites and you'll be fine. :) ((((((HUGS)))))).

Bartholomew

Comic guy
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
1. people commit murder every day
2. fatal auto accidents happen every day
3. kidnappings happen every day
4. crazy people act out every day
5. airplane crashes happen... probably not every day, but frequently
6. non-fatal auto accidents happen every day

Now, if this was all on the same street, within a ten minute time span... THEN you've got something interesting brewing.

Joe270

Banned
Reaction score

I'm staying in.

So not one blimp, not one ghost?

No worries, ya got no issues.

Darzian

To-to-to-ron-to
Registered
Reaction score
If I posted the events that go on in THIS country, you'd all probably run screaming.

btw, media censorship is reaching its max. We get a foreign Indian news channel that reports the *true* news about Sri Lanka's war. For the past 2 days, that channel has been disrupted only during news telecasts. There are 3 such telecasts daily. All 3 disrupted. I'm going to go insane.

Here's a hint of the worst: There is a possibility that 1000+ soldiers may have died last week but practically no one knows about it. Hence it's also impossible for me to verify.

Last edited:

Kate Thornton

Still Happy to be Here. Or Anywhere
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.katethornton.net
Actually, it was pretty nice day yesterday for about 99 per cent of us in the Metro LA area - beautiful weather, my orchids are blooming, the DOW was up - I don't dwell on the crime stats unless I'm using the grist of the news for my short story mill.

Yes, terrible things happen - they happen everywhere. Lot's of our bad news gets reported because there's a nice backdrop of beautiful scenery and interesting people.

But if it helps keep anyone else from moving to my already crowded environs, I don't care if the sensational gets reported. The damned Rose Parade has 'em flocking here by the zillions...

Darzian - thank you for the perspective. Hope the situation improves for you.

Last edited:

JLCwrites

Registered
Reaction score
Keep an eye out for the zombies. (I think that lady chasing the U-Haul might be one of them!) Also Williebee found a sign warning us of Zombies. If they invade... you're SOL.

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
It was a gorgeous day in LA. And considering there are like 15 million people here, I was expecting to see more chaos. The murder-suicide was shocking and just crazy, but sometimes bad times bring out the worst (and insanity) in people.

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
Now if ya lived in Florida you'd see all kinds of violence, mostly the older ladies hitting on a just-widowed gent. :D

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I just thought the craziness was picking up the "more than usual" pase in such a short span of time. But I guess making me look like the idiot in this thread takes the spot light off of you.

Some of you must think I'm a stupid cave dweller.

I've never put anyone on ignore until today.

As for the rest of you who had a level headed post, who knew what I was talking about, thanks for posting.

Last edited:

James81

Great Scott Member
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, but how much GOOD stuff has happened?

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
8 babies were born a few days ago and all are breathing on their own.

This morning-The people who had a 14 year old behind the wheel of a car (with two friends, all died) hit their home while they were where there, survived.

It's a balance I guess.