Online Form Help

M.R.J. Le Blanc

aka Sadistic Mistress Mi-chan
Registered
Reaction score
Hope this is okay, and hope one of you can help....

This is the issue. I have a website I've done working alongside a couple of friends. One wants a form to go on the site for people to reserve and purchase tickets for a bus tour she's organizing for next month. Okay no problem, right? Well she wants paypal to be integrated into the form so it's all one step, with the form sending all the filled-out info to her email. I have very little experience with forms, no experience with paypal integration and she needed this last week. And paypal has been absolutely useless in the help department.

Is there ANYONE here who knows how to do this? I'm not opposed to learning it, but this show is coming up fast and I just don't have the time. Any help would be incredibly appreciated.

Tirjasdyn

Outline Maven
Registered
Reaction score
Website
michellejnorton.com
I've tried - it wasn't giving me what I was looking for.

What, exactly, are you looking for then?

What information are you looking for the client to provide? What are they paying for?

Regardless of how you do it, the client going to be sent to paypal (have to log in or provide all their info there).

That's how paypal works.

Matera the Mad

Bartender, gimme a Linux Mint
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.firefromthesky.org
In other words, if the client wants PayPal, the client has to do a good share of the legwork. Planning something like this a little more in advance also helps.

You can try free code sites for form info and templates
http://www.scripts.com/
http://tools.devshed.com/

Your friend wants you to pull out of your hat the magic that is incorporated into big content management systems. That's a lot of stress on the hat ;)

mario_c

Your thoughts are not real...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mariocaiti.com
So your client basically wants a seamless one page interaction between her site and a PayPal form? Hmmm...I dunno if a table would work, but you could try linking the Paypal page in the bottom half of her page, and doing a graphical blend to the top page (her page). Does that make sense?
And that would be the easy way. The other would be to create your own form, HTTPS page feeding the info into Paypal via your CGI language of choice. And like you said, this is a one off thing and you have no time to test it? Damn, tough break.
If she's not paying you, she'd better get you some NICE presents. Or free tickets to this show, and be a reference for your job search.