Most Expensive Book on Amazon?

AnneMarble

Nefarious Ghost Fan
Registered
Reaction score
Website
gorokandwulf.blogspot.com
I was going to put this under The Absolute Write Book Club forum, but I can't afford the book. :)

The title itself tells it all. Chemical Shifts and Coupling Constants for Silicon-29 (Landolt-Bornstein: Numerical Data and Functional Relationships in Science and Technology - New Series

List Price: $8,539.00
:e2thud:
But at least shipping is free. And the reviews are lots of fun. :D

By the way, I've seen really technical books like this priced in the hundreds, but I've never seen them this high. So I don't know if it's a typo, if there's something really special about this book, or if the book comes with a free NMR spectrometer. (In that case, it would be a bargain.)

Bravo

Socialitest
Registered
Reaction score
those reviews are absolutely incredible.

pure genius.

KosseMix

fixing a limp query...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kossemix.blogspot.com
Crerar library (in the University of Chicago, where I attend) has the first eight books in the series... time to go have "a literary orgasm" with some physics.

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Had to join in:
I heard about this book on Oprah last week, but by the time she was finished saying the title, the program had ended. I borrowed it from a friend of mine but by the time I was finished with the first chapter, I knew I had to buy a copy for myself. It transcends gender...I mean, genre with its gripping use of language, employing really big words (I mean, REALLY BIG) that I'll look up some day once I'm able to buy a dictionary. Haven't been able to buy too much lately since I spent about 1/3 of my annual salary on this book. Thank God my parents are only on the other side of town and Dad's willing to give me a ride to work every morning. Mom doesn't seem to mind since I'll be coming over just about every night for the next six months for dinner. Of course, it does mean free leftovers for lunch the next day at work. So it's not too bad, especially on Meatloaf Night so I get to double the fun with Meatloaf Afternoon at work the next day. Anyway. Um, this book is about some science and junk but I'll keep reading it, I'm sure. Just to get my money's worth. I mean, hey. Some poor schmoes went through the trouble of writing it; I bought the thing so I owe it to them to at least finish it. Especially since I need to find out if Snape really did murder Dumbledore.
Wonder if it'll actually make the board.

Captshady

What happened to my LIFE?!
Registered
Reaction score
Ah, nerd humor. Thanks for posting the link, it was great for us in the IT dept here.