Cheers
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score

Kathleen42

crushing on fictional characters
Registered
Reaction score
Pfft, just because you normally get stuff first. Don't begrudge us that you'll have to wait. I shall only taunt you how good it is :D

lol tell that to the whovians :p

Pamster

Summer time Blues
Registered
Reaction score
I saw this yesterday! I was so excited! I can't wait to see it, I hope BBC america will air it. :D Thanks for posting this! :D

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
This is brilliant news. I've been waiting for this for years. And there was me thinking Dave was only good for repeats and nothing else :D .

Shara

Fix it in the Rewrite
Registered
Reaction score
Much as I hate to be a killjoy, I think the most significant thing is that this new episode will not be written by Grant & Naylor, but Naylor only. The last series of Red Dwarf was also only written by Naylor, and really it was not nearly as good as the earlier series, written by Grant & Naylor together.

Not to mention the fact I have doubts about how well Red Dwarf will age - much as it was a fantastic series in the late 80s/early 90s, a lot of time has passed since then.

But I am prepared to adopt and 'wait and see' attitude. It might prove me wrong and be wonderful.

Shara

Bmwhtly

Yes, I'm back.
Registered
Reaction score
The unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of
Much as I hate to be a killjoy, I think the most significant thing is that this new episode will not be written by Grant & Naylor, but Naylor only. The last series of Red Dwarf was also only written by Naylor, and really it was not nearly as good as the earlier series, written by Grant & Naylor together.
I could be wrong (it's been a while since I watched the Excellent special featurey bits on the Dwarf DVDs) but I believe Naylor wrote without Grant from series 6 on.

And 6 was the best series.

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, I thought this would amuse you guys. More here.

Apparently there was a scene filmed recently on the pub set of Coronation Street (brit soap opera that Craig Charles (aka Dave Lister) is on). The scene featured the Boyz from the Dwarf coming into the pub to kidnap Lister. Also filmed was a new version of Starbug 1: this one is a SmartCar.

Hmm...Unbridled wackiness or utter nonsense? I hope it's both!

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
IMO, they should make the books into a movie. They're more coherent and...funnier...then the series.

IMO.

Also, I just like Lister's character in the books a bit more. He's more consistent...and a bit cleverer. still slobby, but he has this kind of canny cleverness that I rather liked.