Writing Contests

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zipotes

Registered
Reaction score
I'm thinking of entering some of these writing contests. For a contest asking for fiction any genre 250-750 words what on earth do you write about? Do you condense an entire story into just a few pages, just introduce a scene, what? It's so short and I've never entered anything before so not sure what is expected.

Thanks for any advice.

Puma

Retired and loving it!
Registered
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure there's a forum down a way on the main page called Flash or Flash Fiction. Flash is short pieces. Take a look there to see what types of things people write about. Puma

Pamster

Summer time Blues
Registered
Reaction score
I like writing contests, I entered the Gather.com one and the Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award contest last year. I am about to enter that one again, you can find info on it in the networking forum or google it. :)

I am really excited this time around, I hope to place in this round with this novel I have been working on. I am finally happy with the pitch letter and the Bio I had to write, along with the 300 word Personal Anecdotes piece I wrote today. Been a busy little bee, Yes indeedy. ;)

Pamster

Summer time Blues
Registered
Reaction score
You can always come out to the Flash Fiction Challenge AW puts on using the Flash Fiction Challenge forum and the chatroom. We get 90 minutes from the time of reading the 'prompt' to write and edit a piece for the night/day. It can be anytime Sunday or Monday until 9pm on Monday night....There is not prize except feeling good you crafted another tight piece with a beginning a middle and an end. :D That and the joy of seeing it shared with the other people who do the Flash Fiction Challenge. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.