PDA

View Full Version : Where would this fall? Controversial thriller involving teens.

xXFireSpiritXx
01-24-2009, 05:37 AM
I need some advice. I am working on a pretty controversial idea right now, and I am not sure how exactly I would query it. Well, what I mean to say is I know it is a psychological thriller, but I am not sure who I would target agent wise.

It is tentatively titled, Diary of a Teenage Serial Killer, and chronicles the summer of a social outcast who decides to "off" those who tormented him and his best friend throughout high school. It is written in a journal form, and each progressive entry really shows the main character's psychological deterioration as he gets in way to deep. I kind of see it as a throwback to the film Heathers because it does have a touch of black comedy to it.

Anyway I am wondering when querying how I should more or less fit into a certain category. It is about teens, and deals with teens. Yet, it is by no means a young adult novel. I also know this type of material ever since Columbine can be very touchy.

So, I guess I am wondering if it is too controversial ? Is the project already dead before it goes out the door? I am sure someone might be interested, but I guess I am just looking for some thoughts.

xXFireSpiritXx
01-24-2009, 05:55 AM
I moved this to the YA board. I am sorry. I am still getting used to things here.