Evil Stalks the Castle Ch 10

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
“So what’s going on in here?” MSCelina asks as she and Ol' Fashioned Girl enter the castle.

“We’re watching the security tapes of the castle’s Halloween misadventure,” Ken answers.

“No football?” Celina complains as she and OFG find seats on the couch.

“Do we even want to ask what’s on the tape?” OFG asks.

“Apparently something evil really was stalking the castle,” Beach Bunny answers.

“Here have a smore and watch this week’s chapter,” Susie offers.

“Don’t mind if I do,” Rolling Thunder says helping himself to the plate of smores.

“Hey, give those back,” Leukman complains.

“How attached are you that avvie, Leuk?” RT threatens waving a rainbow lemming herd around.

“Next week make sure someone invites Medievalist,” Don says, as he passes around the popcorn.

“Can we join in too?” Cooee asks as she and Darzian enter the castle.

“Of course, everyone is welcome here. Have some chocolate and enjoy,” Susie says as she presses the playback button on the security cameras.

*machine makes a stuttering sound like an old Science class film projector, then settles down*

“Odd that a digital system would make that sound, isn’t it?” Celina observes.

Evil Stalks the Castle Ch 10

“Lose something there Haggis?” Regdog asked.

“Wait, you’ve lost weight. You’ve done something different with your hair. There’s something different about you. No don’t tell me.” QuickWit said as he looked at the limping Haggis.

A flitting and buzzing sound around the Hall caught the gathered Royals’ attention.

“What is that thing?” Shadow asked pointing at the little buzzing creature.

“No clue. Want me to have my chimera eat it?” Regdog offered.

“No idea,” Kit said.

“I am the courier, of course. You have a doggie problem and the Queen has a problem. I’m here to take notes and report to Frell,” Sunny said and then nipped Shadow’s ear.

Shadow swung his battle axe at Sunny, lost his balance because of his bad ankle and fell over. Regdog helped Shadow back to his feet.

“Who’s Frell and what does he know about us?” Kit asked as she stopped Zeus from eating Sunny.

“Well I spent the morning in Detroit. The injuries are usually much worse,” Haggis said, addressing the issue of his missing limb.

“Well that explains a lot,” Regdog said, sarcastically.

“No kidding. Here I was getting suspicious,” Shadow said.

Sunny looked down from her perch. “I have been scouting the local forest, talking to people, beings. There have been several outbreaks of werefolk. They mainly stay to themselves but there are a few young ones about. They have been getting help, magic if you will from the Siren Witch,” she said.

Shadow hobbled out to the balcony and looked out over the Queendom. What is going on here? he wondered to himself.

Sunny launched into an explanation, speaking in a sing song voice. “Uhhum...well the were-folk breed with normal folken. They use the magic potions given to them from the Siren Witch or witches if you will. You remember the Sirens of olde?

“Well...imagine a Siren Witch...much more powerful than mere singing hussies trying to lure wayfarers off their chosen path or what have you.

“They have this magic potion, if given to a person, it makes that person able to bid their command using a magic talisman.

“So....using this talisman they call to the sleeping-drugged victim, get them to an out of the way place, seduce them, and they beget the pups......and come time for the pups to be born they enchant the midwives ...steal the pups and train them. In 6 months time they can have a whole army.

“Werewolf strength, but human strategic smarts. Much smarter than a plain old man bitten and turning into a werewolf,” Sunny said in conclusion.

“Did I hear a howl?” Queen Vixey asked as she entered the Great Hall.

“Me thinks the fairy has been nipping at the single malt,” Haggis said.

“It is a good idea. Who’s with me?” Shadow asked, as he stepped behind the bar.

“I could,” Queen Vixey answered.

"I never drink, so I’ll take a double of anything,” Regdog said as she called her dragons to her. “You two are impervious to anything so stay close.”

“Me too,” Haggis said, stepping up to the bar, leaning on his missing leg and falling on his face.

Despite their best intentions Queen Vixey and Regdog can’t help but laugh at poor Haggis’ misfortune.

“Sorry Haggis,” Queen Vixey said through her laughter.

Haggis pushed himself back up, dusted off his coat and tried to regain his dignity.

“That’s okay, I’ll pretend I didn’t see that and I’ll take a CR on the rocks,” Kit said, patting Haggis’ head.

Shadow poured everyone a drink and then left the Hall. Sunny fell into her glass of wine and began swimming and hiccupping. Shadow returned with a package and handed it to Haggis at the same time the three legged Chihuahua sat next to Queen Vixey.

Queen Vixey massaged the stump of Haggis leg as he unwrapped the package. Inside he found a new leg.

“Aw Ferret, you shouldn’t have, an Agis 24800 high-powered ElectroDoggieLeg. Oww Queen Vixey that hurts,” Haggis said, as a new leg began to grow from the stump.

“I give him a new leg hoping to trip him up and you go grow him a new leg,” Shadow griped to Queen Vixey.

“I remembered what Sass said, that I have a power inside. Something told me to heal Haggis. I don’t understand it myself,” Queen Vixey said with a shrug.

“So let me see if I have this straight. We have a psychotic Chihuahua, a wine-bathing fairy, a five pound ferret, one Queen, Kit and her Zeus, myself, 2-1/2 dragons (Balto is small) and no plan going up against an army of werewolves,” Regdog said, taking stock of the situation.

“Yes Regdog the odds are stacked against us and the fate of the entire world is probably at stake, but no pressure,” Kit said.

“That’s it in a nutshell, but I should add, a five pound ferret that kicks ass,” Ferret agreed.

“Yeah and apparently I have five legs,” Haggis said.

Will Shadow continue to kick ass?

How many legs will Haggis end up with?

Are the odds stacked too high against the Royals?

Does anyone in the Royalty Thread know what is going to happen next?

Will there at least be sex in the next chapter?-One guess which Royal added this question.

Last edited:

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yay! What an exciting chapter, if I do say so myself. (someone needs to edit out all the extra line breaks...hint, hint, Heather)

Vixey? :D

Anything else I should edit??:e2tongue:Do you know the time I had posting this?

Vixey, well I wonder why you of all people would guess her. :rolleyes:

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
*innocent look*

Innocent look, you?!?!?
rofl.gif

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

vixey

C'est la vie!
Registered
Reaction score
A sex scene? Wha? In Evil Stalks the Castle?

It's a mystery. A very G-rated mystery, well except for gore and violence. Ok, maybe it's more PG-rated.

You really don't think anyone would be interested in a sex scene, do you?

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
A sex scene? Wha? In Evil Stalks the Castle?

It's a mystery. A very G-rated mystery, well except for gore and violence. Ok, maybe it's more PG-rated.

You really don't think anyone would be interested in a sex scene, do you?

Okay first Shadow then Vixey claiming innocence?!?!?!?!?!? :ROFL: Seriously are you two trying to make me laugh myself into a coma?

vixey

C'est la vie!
Registered
Reaction score
I mean anyone outside of those who participated in the thread that week. I bet the rest of AW couldn't give a darn if there's a sex scene. Sheesh! What some people will do get noticed. :tongue