Need Help Big Time! Where Do I go by trying to find a paying greeting cards company?

chelle21

Banned
Reaction score
Website
home.bellsouth.net
Dear Fellow Writers:

Hello my name is Chelle21 and I have a question to ask I know this may sound silly but here goes. I was wondering about trying to get my hands into being a greeting card writer and I was wondering how do you go by trying to find out about being a greeting card writer since poetry is the only thing I'm good at since this is what others are saying about me? But I don't know where to begin, should I try the greeting card board here on our very on AW? Or should I try something else? Please help me because I'm lost I don't know what to search for.

aspier

Banned
Reaction score
I live in my poetry and stories ... sometimes the
Website
users.skynet.be
a suggestion

Chelle this is the second time you ask about writing and getting money for it. Well eh, how can I put it, it doesn't really works like that. I am writing now for many years and I couldn't make a dime. comes to this, now a days they use computer programs for those cards and no writer can compete commercially on that level! Waaaayh! Bad news eh? Listen, why don't you instead of looking for a publisher spend that time in writing down what is important to you first ... I mean, not lists of how to proceed, but poetry. Go for just for the joy of writing it, no? If you are good someone might notice you and only at that stage talk about what and who and companies start! You got card ideas? Post them here and I am sure some of these buffs in here will give you even greater ideas with their crit. That way your writing ability develops etc.

Its just a suggestion, ok?

aspier

chelle21

Banned
Reaction score
Website
home.bellsouth.net
Thanks for the advice

Thanks for your help the reason why I said paying markets for greeting cards is because I've been doing some research on my own about greeting cards company in some said they want accept you because I haven't worked and the field before and some said I need to build my portfilo up first then they may consider me for the job, other said they did with people who have been in there company for a while and they don't take outside people. I just want to build my portfilo up with a non-paying job or a paying job. But thanks for the advice.

aspier said:
Chelle this is the second time you ask about writing and getting money for it. Well eh, how can I put it, it doesn't really works like that. I am writing now for many years and I couldn't make a dime. comes to this, now a days they use computer programs for those cards and no writer can compete commercially on that level! Waaaayh! Bad news eh? Listen, why don't you instead of looking for a publisher spend that time in writing down what is important to you first ... I mean, not lists of how to proceed, but poetry. Go for just for the joy of writing it, no? If you are good someone might notice you and only at that stage talk about what and who and companies start! You got card ideas? Post them here and I am sure some of these buffs in here will give you even greater ideas with their crit. That way your writing ability develops etc.

Its just a suggestion, ok?

aspier