Status
Not open for further replies.

Carlene

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.carlenedater.com
This is probably in the wrong spot - if so, feel free to move it.

I heard on the news tonight that Brittney Spears will be receiving FOURTEEN MILLION DOLLARS to write a book!!!

I screamed, tore my hair and wept. No wonder we can't get our books published. Why, oh why do I bother?

Carlene

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
This is probably in the wrong spot - if so, feel free to move it.

I heard on the news tonight that Brittney Spears will be receiving FOURTEEN MILLION DOLLARS to write a book!!!

I screamed, tore my hair and wept. No wonder we can't get our books published. Why, oh why do I bother?

Carlene

Because, sadly --imo-- there will be millions of people ready, willing, and able to cough up the dough to pay for their copy of her book.

That money will more than cover her fourteen million, and probably subsidize a few other writers besides. Like Stephen King and JK Rowling and Stephanie Meyers and Dean Koontz and Danielle Steel and a few others I could name off the top of my head but I won't because you've probably gotten my point by now.

Sure, it sucks that we have to work harder. The truth is, I'd rather work harder, and I'd rather not have her life anyway, fourteen million dollar book deal or no.

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
In 1890 the same was said of the widow of General Grant being paid more than even a celebrity author to write a book.

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I believe it's a 3 or 4 book deal! But, hey, that's one lucky ghostwriter who's gonna get paaaaaaaiiiiiiid.

dpaterso

Also in our Discord and IRC chat channels
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
What on earth makes anyone think Britney will need a ghostwriter?

<tumbleweed>

-Derek

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Right here, trying to figure out who I need to shmooze with to tap into that deal.

I think your father. If he can use his duct tape to get Little Brit to your place, you're half way there. Just tell him to be careful taping her to wooden chairs...that stuff can remove the finish if you're not careful.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
At least now we know the key to success: sing badly, flash your crotch, endanger your children and periodically go mental as anything.

Don't forget the importance of going bald.

absentnormality

Queen of sensible stupidity
Registered
Reaction score
Is this like an autobiography deal?
How to screw up your career and still be famous?

Also you might want to check out 'A Mother's Gift' which was released in 2001 and apparently written by Britney and her mother.

Captshady

What happened to my LIFE?!
Registered
Reaction score
I was called an offered the spot on The Mickey Mouse club, I was like, "no way!" My mom was like "yes way" and I was like "no way!" And my dad was like "you need to get breast augmentation surgery" and I was like, "no way!" and my mom was like "yes way, but not until you're 10."

JeanneTGC

I *am* Catwoman...and Gini Koch
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ginikoch.com
Per the NY editors I've met and talked with, that Brittney book will fund a variety of new authors and niche books. People will BUY Britters' book, funding the publishing house enough to take a chance on a new or unproven author, to publish a book they love but they also know will only sell 5,000 copies, and so on.

Hate not the celebrity bestsellers for they shall fund your entry into the business.

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score

Feiss

Sleeps during the day
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
LEAVE BRITNEY ALONE!!! ALL SHE DOES IS GIVE AND GIVE AND GIVE, AND ALL YOU PEOPLE DO IS TAKE AND TAKE. SHE'S TIRED!!!

YOU KNOW WHY HER SONG IS CALLED GIMME MORE?! IT'S CUZ THAT'S ALL YOU DO, GIVE HER MORE TO TAKE.

LEAVE BRITNEY ALONNNNE. OHHH GODDD.

*runs away crying.

Stlight

ideas are floating where they will
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
where you can put sugar sprinkles on lots of thing
If only I could remember his name. In the way back machine a certain publisher - big - gave a certain Georgia senator Newt something a bunch of money to write a spy adventure story. He wrote it, they read it, he had to give the money back.

But this was not a total travesty, I mean tragedy. I read a snippet from the book which appeared in Writer's Digest (for real) and was very encouraged in my own writing. This was about the time my then agent told me about using contractions in non-academic writing. Which was helpful.

Britney should do better. She is selling something that folks want to read.

Status
Not open for further replies.