Finally holding "Accordion Dreams" in my hands!

Susan B

Accordion Dreams
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.blairkilpatrick.com
ACCORDION DREAMS is finally here!

It's hard to know when a book is officially out. When the publisher starts shipping? When Amazon says it's in stock?

For me, it wasn't real until I got my box of author copies yesterday. What a week! My birthday on Monday, that amazing Inauguration on Tuesday morning, and then I came home from work and discovered my book. In the flesh, so to speak.

It looks beautiful, too. University Press of Mississippi has been such a joy to work with, at every step of the way, including this last one, the physical production of a book. As my agent in NYC said (she got her copies before I did) it even has those cool-looking rough torn page edges. (Can't recall the technical name for it.)

So I am excited! Also preparing for my very first book signing on Friday, at Booksmith in SF.

Speaking of dreams, I've been having some strange ones about book signings. Like one dream where I was supposed to read a poem about death, but I couldn't find it. Another one where the books hadn't arrived, so I was madly searching the house for my galley proofs. Then another one, where I was late and had to wait in line for the shower, because there were all these strangers in my house.

(Think maybe I'm a little anxious?)

I gave the first signed copy to my son, who took the author photo. He deserves it!

Someone reminded me of the "new book smell" so I had to go back and check. Yes, it sure does smell like a new book!

Susan (ie, Blair. my real/first name.)

AndrewG

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats!!! It looks great.

Sounds like you have A LOT going on.

Your author website looks great as well.

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Susan, so excited for you and wish you much success!
BIG CONGRATS!!!!! :snoopy: And putting on my wish list right now!!!

MsJudy

Registered
Reaction score
Yippee!!!!!

Any plans for a book-signing in the Santa Cruz area? I'll show up and cheer for you if there is one!

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
That's a beautiful looking book! Congratulations, that's so exciting!!

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
smiley-bounce017.gif

Captshady

What happened to my LIFE?!
Registered
Reaction score
It's cool that it's associated to other wonderful events. I'd imagine that you'll think of one, when the other comes up as a "remember when" in the years to come.

Susan B

Accordion Dreams
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.blairkilpatrick.com
Thanks! I'd be open to suggestions about Santa Cruz. It's not too far away.
I live in the Bay Area (East Bay). Any bookstores you guys would suggest? Is Capitola Book Cafe around there?

We bring our own music, too :)