The New Year's Resolution Flash Fiction Project

Mumbleduck

Quackin' up.
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Folks!

I'm a relative writing newbie, and I've really been getting into Flash Fiction since I joined AW - I'm finding it a really awesome way to improve my self confidence, and work on skill and style and whatnot - and I decided that since my goal for 2009 is to get something published, that I would give myself a little project, so that I have something to work on that would stop me from procrastinating, and leave me with material to either submit, or make into something submittable.

Basically, what I want to do is write 15 FF pieces by the end of February (I came up with this a little late for it to be the end of January); 5 pieces of 100 words, 5 of 200 words, and 5 of 500 words. It might not seem like a lofty goal to some of the more seasoned writers on the boards, but I was wondering if anyone would be interested in joining in? It would be great to have other people to keep me going - right now I'm at 5 100 word pieces and one 200, and I haven't started working on another one yet - anybody want to humor me??

eric11210

Registered
Reaction score
I'm game, but I don't promise to do exactly 100, 200, 500. But within those ranges (except for the 100 which makes a little more sense to be exact since it's drabble size).

Eric

Mumbleduck

Quackin' up.
Registered
Reaction score
Well of course it doesn't have to be exact - I'm not the boss of you! I'm just excited that you want to join in :) I'll maybe post a couple of my 100-word ones when I get back from work later (and mine are exactly 100 words, but only because I'm kind of OCD like that).