Divided Kingdom - where you would be placed?

seun

Horror Man
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lukewalkerwriter.com
I recently finished reading Divided Kingom by Rupert Thompson. The basic plot is Britain divided into four areas chosen by personality. Each area is walled and guarded so once you're in your area, you stay there. It's a great book.

On the site www.dividedkingdom.co.uk/default.asp, you can take a quiz (it's under Extras) to find out where you would be placed in this version of Britain.

I got lumped with the Melancholics. :cry:

Mr Flibble

They've been very bad, Mr Flibble
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We couldn't possibly do that. Who'd clear up the m
Website
francisknightbooks.co.uk
err:
Your nature is CHOLERIC. Your dominant humour is YELLOW BILE. Your characteristics include aggression, impulsiveness and proneness to excess. Cholerics reside in the YELLOW QUARTER, whose capital is THERMOPOLIS.

"My favourite souvenir was a T-shirt. On the front it said I came I saw I lost my temper. On the back, simply, Welcome to the Yellow Quarter."

O.O

I can't actually remember the last time I really lost my rag. Beyond being a bit miffed. Oh wait. Yes I do. There's a dent in the wall. But it is about five years old.

The impulsive and excessive is me all over though :D

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
Mostly B's:

Your nature is PHLEGMATIC. Your dominant humour is PHLEGM. Your characteristics include empathy, passivity and indecision. Phlegmatics reside in the BLUE QUARTER, whose capital is AQUAVILLE.

"...they were reputed to be gentle and unflappable, if a little slow. They had a mystical side as well, by all accounts. In ancient times, the Druid would have been phlegmatic. So would the witch."

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Mostly C's:

Your nature is SANGUINE. Your dominant humour is BLOOD. Your characteristics include optimism, an even temper and constructiveness. Sanguines reside in the RED QUARTER, whose capital is PNEUMA.

Interesting.

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Your nature is PHLEGMATIC. Your dominant humour is PHLEGM. Your characteristics include empathy, passivity and indecision. Phlegmatics reside in the BLUE QUARTER, whose capital is AQUAVILLE.

"...they were reputed to be gentle and unflappable, if a little slow. They had a mystical side as well, by all accounts. In ancient times, the Druid would have been phlegmatic. So would the witch."

seun

Horror Man
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lukewalkerwriter.com
I'm all by myself with the sad people. Someone join me so we can write poetry together and be sensitive and so forth.

vixey

C'est la vie!
Registered
Reaction score
Add another B to the list...

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Your nature is MELANCHOLIC. Your dominant humour is BLACK BILE. Your characteristics include introspection, pessimism, and an inclination towards the intellectual. Melancholics reside in the GREEN QUARTER, whose capital is CLEDGE.

"I drank and wept with the rest of them, and I laughed the strange, giddy, almost hysterical laughter of the melancholic"

Got a pencil?

nevada

Registered
Reaction score
Mostly B's:

Phlegm is a really cool word.

vixey

C'est la vie!
Registered
Reaction score
Given the responses, I wonder if phlegmetics are more prone to take quizzes. :tongue

brad_b

Knight Errant
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Somewhere in my mind... it echoes in here ...
Your nature is SANGUINE. Your dominant humour is BLOOD. Your characteristics include optimism, an even temper and constructiveness. Sanguines reside in the RED QUARTER, whose capital is PNEUMA.

"I had always associated the Red Quarter with brightness, simplicity, a sense of hope. Oddly, though, I now felt as if these properties amounted to a superfluity of some kind, even a weakness."

Seems true on some levels, could be me, I s'pose. :cool:

AMCrenshaw

Registered
Reaction score
Website
dfnovellas.wordpress.com
Mostly D's:

Your nature is MELANCHOLIC. Your dominant humour is BLACK BILE. Your characteristics include introspection, pessimism, and an inclination towards the intellectual. Melancholics reside in the GREEN QUARTER, whose capital is CLEDGE.

"I drank and wept with the rest of them, and I laughed the strange, giddy, almost hysterical laughter of the melancholic"

Like Hamlet?

MsK

Registered
Reaction score

Pagey's_Girl

Still plays with dolls
Registered
Reaction score
Mostly B's:

Hey, we'd be neighbors! Cool!

Beach Bunny

The Provocative One
Registered
Reaction score
Mostly C's:

"I had always associated the Red Quarter with brightness, simplicity, a sense of hope. Oddly, though, I now felt as if these properties amounted to a superfluity of some kind, even a weakness."

Interesting.

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I re-took this, and put in the answers I would put in if I don't check myself (I'm actively "working on" a lot my presonality traits) and ended up with:

Mostly D's:

Funny thing is, I only ended up changing two answers. The first one being one of those I changed, but really, both of the latter two answers for it apply: I do take on the role of peacemaker in arguments, but afterwards, I am tense, withdrawn, and depressed.

Weird, huh? So I apparently made SANGUINE by a whisker, lol.

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
In case you're interested, these four types are based on ancient archtypes from Plato. The types aren't meant to be insulting (which you might feel if you're typed in with the choleric folks...) but descriptive. The meaning of the words has changed a bit over the years...

And unlike in the book, your type can change. I wasn't always Sanguine, let's put it that way... :)

Experience and a concerted effort to change how I interact with the world have put me in a different place.

A. Hamilton

here for a minute...catch me?
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Sanguine here too.
the book looks interesting. what a concept, grouping those with similar personality traits together. wonder how those traits would morph over time.

Reaction score
I recently finished reading Divided Kingom by Rupert Thompson. The basic plot is Britain divided into four areas chosen by personality. Each area is walled and guarded so once you're in your area, you stay there. It's a great book.

On the site www.dividedkingdom.co.uk/default.asp, you can take a quiz (it's under Extras) to find out where you would be placed in this version of Britain.

I got lumped with the Melancholics. :cry:

Never mind, Boo. I'm stuck in your quarter, too. Fnarr.

Beach Bunny

The Provocative One
Registered
Reaction score
Sanguine here too.
the book looks interesting. what a concept, grouping those with similar personality traits together. wonder how those traits would morph over time.
My guess is that after a period of time the individual groups would become like the whole before the split. People would begin to express the other three qualities which are missing. Nature likes balance. :)

Stlight

ideas are floating where they will
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
where you can put sugar sprinkles on lots of thing
Well, I went and took the test and I'm

Your nature is CHOLERIC. Your dominant humour is YELLOW BILE. Your characteristics include aggression, impulsiveness and proneness to excess. Cholerics reside in the YELLOW QUARTER, whose capital is THERMOPOLIS.

Which is pretty interesting since the last test I took said I was Piglet. So there you are, except that I always thought I was Eyeor which I can't even spell now - AARRRRGH!

No, sorry, didn't mean that, will now go over there and be depressed for causing a fuss.

Balance you say? What is that?

Stlight looking madly around.

Priene

Out to lunch
Registered
Reaction score
I'm a MELANCHOLIC from the Green east of the Kingdom, which is where I've actually lived almost all my life.