• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Give me a deadline!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qelenhn

Registered
Reaction score
I would like to work with someone who will beta read my novel on a schedule, such as I send you a chapter every two weeks or something. I'm less interested in getting the feedback at a set time than I am in having deadlines to curb my own tendency towards procrastination. You are welcome to procrastinate more than I do, unless you want to do this reciprically in which case we should both work on the same schedule.

My WIP is Fantasy, involving dragons in human form, people with wings, and people with canine features. No elves or dwarves per se, though the human races do divide along things other than skin tone, one race being dwarvish in stature but still just human. If these aspects of fantasy are things you feel you've read too many of already, we're not a good match.

I am working on the third draft, though the beginning is a complete rewrite of the first two chapters with almost no scenes in common with previous drafts. My first priority will be getting feedback on making these chapters intriguing enough to draw in a reader and making sure they neither confuse nor overxplain with regards to introducing the setting. There are many ways I could open the story and I need to know most of all whether particular tactics work. Later chapters should be more polished before you get them and I'll be interested in more brutal feedback.

I'm willing to reciprocate. I read primarily fantasy, some literary fiction and some sci fi. I'm not your target audience if you write about vampires, but other urban fantasy is ok. I read some YA, particularly fantasy, but don't spend a lot of time with the intended age group so might not be a good match. I like pre-medieval historical fiction also. Will also read mysteries. I also wouldn't mind working with more than one person as an online critique group rather than just a pair, if I happen to get multiple responses.

Is anyone interested?

Horserider

Ever onward
Registered
Reaction score
You have my interest. I love fantasy, my first book is YA fantasy (not about vampires that market it pretty much claimed for the moment).

Qelenhn

Registered
Reaction score
Oh good, responses. I'm looking at having chapter 1 available by Feb 13. Send me a private message with the email you want me to use and we can discuss the details then.

Status
Not open for further replies.