I wasnt sure where to post it

nevada

Registered
Reaction score
so you guys are stuck with it. :D

Today, tonight (1:44 am) I submitted a story. This is no big deal but I haven't submitted anything in over a year. I haven't written in a year. But this weekend, the great outage made me think and then my sister talked sternly at me, she never yells, drives me nuts (about something completely unrelated by the way) and I started thinking (no comments please) that i better do something. Checking AW every five minutes and posting in forums i have no business posting in is all well and good but it hardly makes me a writer.

Also i posted what was supposed to be a cry for help, semi-suicidal note on Facebook but the writer in me took over and made it a quite entertaining (if I say so myself) rant in part about some really sucky writing on Supernatural and i managed it to end it with the theme with which i started, all without editing, which was some pretty nifty writing if i say so myself. And I realized I can't help myself.

I don't say this often but I think this stuff that people say about knowing they were meant to be a writer since they were two years old and they made books when they were little and sold them for a penny and the only thing they could ever do is write and it makes them happy to write and they'd do it even not to get published, well quite honestly i think that's bunk. Which is why I don't say it very often cause yanno it's really insulting to people's dreams and I totally get that. I have always maintained that for me, my goal is to get published and if i don't get published i could give up writing easily. Apparently I can't. So, I better get off my ass and get published.

So you better stand back bitches (nothing personal, i've always just wanted to say that) cause there's competition in town.

Also, I promise to stop posting at 2 am.

Cassiopeia

Otherwise Occupied
Registered
Reaction score
Star to the right and straight on till morning.
so you guys are stuck with it. :D

Today, tonight (1:44 am) I submitted a story. This is no big deal but I haven't submitted anything in over a year. I haven't written in a year. But this weekend, the great outage made me think and then my sister talked sternly at me, she never yells, drives me nuts (about something completely unrelated by the way) and I started thinking (no comments please) that i better do something. Checking AW every five minutes and posting in forums i have no business posting in is all well and good but it hardly makes me a writer.

Also i posted what was supposed to be a cry for help, semi-suicidal note on Facebook but the writer in me took over and made it a quite entertaining (if I say so myself) rant in part about some really sucky writing on Supernatural and i managed it to end it with the theme with which i started, all without editing, which was some pretty nifty writing if i say so myself. And I realized I can't help myself.

I don't say this often but I think this stuff that people say about knowing they were meant to be a writer since they were two years old and they made books when they were little and sold them for a penny and the only thing they could ever do is write and it makes them happy to write and they'd do it even not to get published, well quite honestly i think that's bunk. Which is why I don't say it very often cause yanno it's really insulting to people's dreams and I totally get that. I have always maintained that for me, my goal is to get published and if i don't get published i could give up writing easily. Apparently I can't. So, I better get off my ass and get published.

So you better stand back bitches (nothing personal, i've always just wanted to say that) cause there's competition in town.

Also, I promise to stop posting at 2 am.
2am??? Dang it, I missed ya!

Well good on ya, nev. Glad you are back at it again. :D

Please note that I didn't make ANY comments. ;)

Joe270

Banned
Reaction score
Nevada, everyone is different as far as their writing goals are concerned.

I am one of those who have written stuff, for me since the third grade, that seems to mark me as a writer.

I am an author, I have completed a couple novels, and many TV and MP screenplays. I haven't made a dime doing it.

I write because I have to write. I must get the stories out of my head because it gets too crowded in there otherwise. It's cathartic.

Even if I never make a dime doing it, I'll never stop writing. I might well stop trying to make money at it, because that just pisses me off and wastes my time.

I don't give a rat's ass if no one likes it, I just write it. I must write it.

nevada

Registered
Reaction score
You know, I only think it's bunk because I don't understand it. I don't understand people who are driven to do anything. I have never felt that. I quit writing for a year and yes i beat myself up over it, but I sure didn't actually do anything about it. I just don't get these overwhelming urges that other people get. Except to make sure I always get the last word in and to make sure that everyone knows I'm right. Which I always am. Cass can attest to that. :D

Cassiopeia

Otherwise Occupied
Registered
Reaction score
Star to the right and straight on till morning.
You know, I only think it's bunk because I don't understand it. I don't understand people who are driven to do anything. I have never felt that. I quit writing for a year and yes i beat myself up over it, but I sure didn't actually do anything about it. I just don't get these overwhelming urges that other people get. Except to make sure I always get the last word in and to make sure that everyone knows I'm right. Which I always am. Cass can attest to that. :D
aHA! I knew you didn't go yet. :D

You just had to peek in. ;)

And yes, I can't recall when you weren't right about anything. Which really makes you handy to have around, (she KNOWS every freaking thing you could ever want to know) and somehow charmingly annoying because I just set up the jokes and she makes them. :tongue

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com

Um... yeah, you did. You started writing again. And joined AW.

I quit writing for seven years a while back. I didn't beat myself up over it, but I did go a little nuts and I started writing again.

And joined AW.

Hmmm... trend here, methinks.

nevada

Registered
Reaction score
Um... yeah, you did. You started writing again. And joined AW.

I quit writing for seven years a while back. I didn't beat myself up over it, but I did go a little nuts and I started writing again.

And joined AW.

Hmmm... trend here, methinks.

Curses!!

Oh, here's a tip. When you submit a story at 2 am and you use the online submission thingie they have on their website, make sure you write down the magazine you submitted to. Just saying.

Jongfan

Insane, in a good way
Registered
Reaction score
I have just one question for you Nev
Did Barbara scream much when you shoved her offa cliff?

MattW

Company Man
Registered
Reaction score
I just lost my internet connection and thought "cool - let's get to writing something good!"

But here I am again... :(

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
Hey Nevada! Didn't we talk about something similar to this last night between the discussions about psychotic puppies? I think we did. Did we? Anyway, WRITE!! I know what you are saying. I wasn't able to do anything productive for about two years, but I do write every day. And if you think about it, there are some pretty interesting things here on these boards and some pretty nifty character development opportunities! :D