Help! School Project!

Elwolf

Rabbit! Hunting Mode.
Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone out there know a good site to look up information on Lewis Addison Armistead? He was a Brigadier--is that how you spell it?--General in the Civil War. He died at Gettysburg on the third day. If you want a good version of his death that will make you cry, read the Killer Angels.

Anyway, can someone please help me????!!!! I'm desperate! I need a web site that is reputable and has, like, tons of information on him. I have towrite a three-page paper on him--we got to pick which officer we write about--and I can't seem to find enough info! I was out for four days--because my Grandpa had triple bypass open heart surgery yesterday. I really got behind in my schoolwork. He is fine by the way. He is still in ICU, but he is getting so much better. He got the ventilator taken out yesterday afternoon.

Please help me find a good web site? :D

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Eek, I think the same thing Rob thinks!

Maryn, donning her foil helmet

Gehanna

Introvert
Registered
Reaction score
Hello Elwolf,

Here is a resource:
http://www.besthistorysites.net/

It will help you find great history sites. I hope you get an A+ :)

Sorry about your Grandpa. I can relate to how stressful your current situation is. Hang in there and I wish you the best.

Very sincerely,
Gehanna

Elwolf

Rabbit! Hunting Mode.
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you for the advice and resources! It helps so much! Sorry I wasn't able to answer sooner--is that even a word?--it snowed here and the libraries were closed. I don't have a working computer at home. I have to go to the library to use the internet, or to school. Thank you so much!! :D

Elwolf

Rabbit! Hunting Mode.
Registered
Reaction score
Well, I turned in my project today, so we'll have to wait and see how good I did. You all were a big help! Thank you so much for all of your help! :D ;D

Elwolf

Rabbit! Hunting Mode.
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, my Grandpa is doing better! He was moved from the hospital to a recovery center--it's been three weeks--and he had some problems at first. He had extreme paranoia (how do you spell that?) and he thought everyone there was going to kill him. My mom went down there to help, and he is doing better. His paranoia is better. He still has a feeding tube in his stomach though. But, he's getting there! We send him a funny get well card every week. He seems to enjoy them. They let him see his dog, and he was happy about that too.

Elwolf

Rabbit! Hunting Mode.
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, yah. I have another project due today about a famous entrepreneur. I am doing mine on the guy who founded Barnes & Noble. Charles Barnes and later his son William. And, of course, Clifford __ Noble. I can't remember his middle initial. I was wondering if you could help me find some information on them? I know I'm probably getting needy, but all I seem to find are little sites or paragraphs about them, and they are not very informative. I'm not allowed to use Wikipedia, or I would.

Can you help? Please?!:D I'm making puppy-dog eyes right now, since you can't see me.

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry. Ain't gonna happen with me. Library's free and easier to use than the net.

Yeah, AW is about providing assistance to each other, but there's a time when you need to figure it out for yourself.

Kate Thornton

Still Happy to be Here. Or Anywhere
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.katethornton.net
Here's the book you need to get:

The Noble Legacy: The Story of Gilbert Clifford Noble, Cofounder of the Barnes & Noble and Noble & Noble Book Companies...
by Turner, Betty N.

Best of luck! (I bet they have a copy at B&N)

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
...I know I'm probably getting needy...
Well, the thought did cross my mind. But we'll give you the benefit of the doubt and move this thread to Story Research, where the folks there might be more helpful.

Good luck with your schoolwork.

RJK

Sheriff Bullwinkle the Poet says:
Registered
Reaction score
Too bad I'm just reading this today. I used to work with the general's great, great, great, grandson, John B Armistead Jr, His middle name is Boregard (sp) so we all call him Bo.

Elwolf

Rabbit! Hunting Mode.
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry for asking for so much help. I knew I was sounding needy. It's just, I can't get to the public library--I don't have a way of getting there--and my teacher won't let anyone leave the room. We only have the Internet to use! That's all that we are allowed to use. It's a powerpoint presentation, so it is all on the computer. The earlier project was for History, and we had to write that one--or type it.

So, I'm sort of stuck. Sorry for asking for help so much. I know I probably bothered all of you. Thanks for all of the help that you've given me, anyway! :D

Elwolf

Rabbit! Hunting Mode.
Registered
Reaction score
Ouch. I know that I was asking too much, but I think that was a bit harsh. Just letting you know, TerzaRima.

Sarpedon

Banned
Reaction score
Beats me, everything I know about him I know from reading Shelby Foote.

His nickname was 'Lo' short for 'Lothario.' Dr Foote wasn't sure if he was a ladies man, or if his friends called him that because he wasn't.

I found this website: http://sunsite.utk.edu/civil-war/cong_a.html which lists civil war generals with a few key facts about them. That link takes you to confederate 'A" generals. Apparently he was kicked out of west point. It has a link to another site with more details. (which, sadly, doesn't seem to work)

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
"Lieberry"? What is this "lieberry" of which ye hath spake?

I been looking for that lie-berry, too. But there ain't no tall building in my town, and I heared them lie-berries got lots and lots of stories.

Dichroic

that's di-CROW-ick
Registered
Reaction score
Website
riseagain.net
Sorry for asking for so much help. I knew I was sounding needy. It's just, I can't get to the public library--I don't have a way of getting there--and my teacher won't let anyone leave the room. We only have the Internet to use! That's all that we are allowed to use. It's a powerpoint presentation, so it is all on the computer. The earlier project was for History, and we had to write that one--or type it.

You're supposed to do a research project and you're only allowed to use the Internet??

*facepalm* - not at you, at your teacher. Unless of course this is an 'internet skills' class rather than one for History.

Elwolf

Rabbit! Hunting Mode.
Registered
Reaction score
Nope, it was one for history. Although the second one was for my computer Applications 2 class.