Everyone should try this!...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gehanna

Introvert
Registered
Reaction score
everyone like me who has no life that is.

Go to your refrigerator and bend over or squat down to about the second or third shelf. Look in the back and see what you find.

This morning I found a can of Diet Coke which is very cool considering I am out of coffee again and in need of a caffeine source.

Yes, I am easily amused. :D

Gehanna

JoeEkaitis

Certified Gray Haired Geek
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
A wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagi
The chicken I'm cooking for dinner tonight (the back of the fridge is colder than the front).

And, on the topic of coffee:

Attachments

• shaking.jpg
    shaking.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:

mommie4a

Mother of All Addictions
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jillmillerzimon.com
I'd have to crush the pile of Alphabits sitting on the floor infront of the fridge to take a look. (The pile looks exactly like the one in Chicka Chicka Boom Boom when the letters all fell out of the coconut tree.)

gogoshire

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Gehanna said:
everyone like me who has no life that is.
I guess I have no life because I jumped up and looked in my fridge before I even read the other posts!

Here are my findings:

1. An old container of Tom Yum paste. Really old.
2. An even older package of miso.
3. An Atkins Advantage bar left by a friend who visited last summer.

Hmm. Does this stuff go bad? The miso looks fine. So does the paste.
I moved them up front.

Scrubbing the fridge shelves has been moved to the top of my weekend chore list!

Gehanna

Introvert
Registered
Reaction score
I haven't laughed this much in a few days!

Thanks for that. :Sun:

Gehanna

PattiTheWicked

Unleashing Hell.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pattiwigington.com
Gehanna said:
Go to your refrigerator and bend over or squat down to about the second or third shelf. Look in the back and see what you find.

An unopened jar of Claussen sandwich slice pickles that I thought I'd eaten
A container of feta cheese, which is only a couple of weeks old
A jar of active dry yeast
Leftover pasta salad that I don't even remember making, since I don't eat pasta

The first three can stay. The pasta salad... well, that's gotta go!

Other than that, I'm kind of anal about cleaning things out every time I go grocery shopping. To make room for new stuff, I toss the old or unused stuff. Really, we eat just about everything that goes into the fridge.

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
So what are you saying?:idea: I have to get the 'green ' stuff out? How do you know I'm not doing research? Maybe I will make the break through...just think, no more face lifts.:banana: I could be on the verge of something really important. :popcorn: Maybe I am starting a 'time capsule', so that in the eons to come all will know and understand how lazy people keep things in cold places.:) It could happen...:ROFL:

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
Cactuswendy,

:ROFL:

My ex-room mate used to claim I was conducting experiments in the fridge...

I don't know what's in my fridge right at this moment. I'm afraid to look.

thistle

Hipster Doofus
Registered
Reaction score
Old jello from Easter, half of a can of kitty tuna, and some shredded cheese.

I didn't move any of it. I just peeked in and shut the door. I'm not cleaning right now. I'm wasting time before an interview.

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ya know what...I'm too afraid of what I might find to attempt this.

arrowqueen

RIP, our sarky besom
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Move things, thistle? Don't be silly. Once they've been in there long enough, they'll move of their own accord.

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gehanna

I think there's an interdimensional wormhole between the kitchen and laundry room because I found all my missing socks!

Fractured_Chaos

Distra-- Ooh! Shiny!
Registered
Reaction score
KTC said:
Okay! You and your coffee shortages. Get thee to a Starbucks! Get thee to a coffee house. Get thee coffee in thee cupboard. Do not let yourself run out. They deliver you know. You frighten me...you really, really frighten me. Nobody should be without coffee!!!!

:ROFL:

AMEN!

Fractured_Chaos

Distra-- Ooh! Shiny!
Registered
Reaction score
Gehanna said:

:Wha:

:scared:

I dunno, but it just growled and bared it's teeth at me!

Gehanna

Introvert
Registered
Reaction score
I just looked again and I found a 1/2 full container of sour cream. I don't know how long its been in there. It still looks and smells fresh but what could happen to sour cream? I mean its already sour, right?

I checked for an expiration date and all it has is the month and day. It says June 6. There is no year on it so I'll have to assume that it refers to next month but still, it was in the back of the fridge. I'm not gonna eat it!

I could let my dog smell it and see how he reacts. Nah, I think I'll put it back in the fridge and see what happens. Come December, someone remind me to check it will ya? :D

biotales

Registered
Reaction score
:faint: :Jaw: :eek: :eek: :eek: :guns:
I don't know what it was but after the scare I am being brave and strong... I am going in after it....

SRHowen

Erotica is not a four letter word!
Registered
Reaction score
OK, we will be moving to a new home soon--if the realtor and the bank can ever get figured out the closing costs and who pays what--anyway, today I have off form work and I was going to clean and sort my office--now guess what? I looked in the fridge--so now I have to clean that thing out--

Anyone got a ten foot pole and a full body glove? It's a jungle in there.

brokenfingers

Walkin' That Road
Registered
Reaction score
I would like to thank Gehanna for starting this thread. This is something I've been meaning to do for a looooong time. Today I finally did it.

To be honest, I don't know what the hell I found in there. I know that I threw away nine - yes, count 'em NINE - tupperware containers. Some were glowing, some were bulging and some just eyed me malevolently. Heck - one even tried to bite me!!

I believe I'll venture into the two little bins (dehumidifying bins or whatever they're called???) at the bottom of the fridge next week after the stitches come out...

Last edited:

Celeste

Banned
Reaction score
Oh..do I have to??? The thought of it scares me! And I just woke up. I did not want to wake up, but the damn dogs and kids were going nuts. You should see my house, let alone my fridge. Ugh! :Smack:

But I do think I have a collection of old sour cream! ;)

celeste *yawn* :sleepy:

(I wanna go back to bed...)

SRHowen

Erotica is not a four letter word!
Registered
Reaction score
Well, I started on the kitchen--see, my house is clean, I keep up with it--BUT and that's a big BUT, back in Feb when we started the house hunt, I thought oh heck if I take it out to the garage I will just have to sort it later, or if I take it to the storage I will have to go over there to move it later and so on--now--well, now I have a huge mess.

I just cleaned out the china hutch drawer--BONUS I found three vials of Front Line (that's flea stuff for cats) that I could not find. YEAH, that means on Monday I only have to spend 40 bucks insted of 75. I found the missing hooks to the punch bowl I "misplaced" in Jan after New Years.

I tossed out a pile of old mail that was on top of the sewing mech. found the battery charger for my digital camera. YEAH

Bad, found a set of prints that got wet, now stuck to each other. (anyone know how to get them apart without wrecking them?)

And I packed a box of Christmas stuff--yes, Christmas stuff that was still sitting around here and there--cause, you know, we were going to be out of this wreck of a house by March at the latest--so you know--well, see above, just never got it put away.

Sigh, my break is almost over--means I must go brave the corner where we keep the cat food--think something lives back there----

Status
Not open for further replies.