Strange feeling in my mother's apartment

TsukiRyoko

Forced into cell phone life
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tsuki-explodes.blogspot.com
I've been living in my mother's apartment for quite a few months, and now that I've lived here, there's a lot more spirit activity than I thought. I've been getting weird feelings, much like I've never gotten before. I can usually tell there's a ghost (you say spirits, I say ghost :D) in the house because I can sort of see them. I can see the movement, then I get a strong image in my head and can feel their energies. From that, I can tell a bit about the person- male or female, I get a rough feeling of age, what they looked like, what they might have done in their life. I can sense pets and things of that nature as well. That's usually how I feel out ghosts wherever I am.

My mom's apartment building (small place, only four apartments) has two ghosts that I know of - one, a woman in her late 20's very bubbly, kind soul, who mostly resides in our apartment and likes to dwell in the kitchen area (she liked cooking quite a bit). She also likes lightly tossing the cookies we keep on top of the fridge at cute men's feet, which I always thought was funny. The other, a sad, older woman who I think died from a sickness (possibly cancer?) who I think may have been in a very controlling, neglectful marriage (I think her husband may have been an alcoholic) until the day she died. I think her husband may still be alive somewhere. I do not think these women are related.

These are the spirits I know of. Now, there's another very, very unsettling feeling which resonates through the entire building. I get a very profound sense of being watched or followed from time to time, but I can't put my finger on if it's actually a person. The image I get in my head is of three dark head-like figures, all about 4 foot high, that blend together with no eyes or other strong details. They don't even look human to me. I get an extremely, extremely strong sense of whatever it is, but I can't actually tell what it is. Every time I get the feeling, it's extremely unnerving and concerns me quite a bit. I'm not the only one who feels it, either- my mother, sister, grandmother, any friends I bring to the house, other family members- when I start to get the feeling that "it" is around, other people in the house start to complain of a strange feeling as well.

I've tried cleansing the house. I've set up little protective trinkets *everywhere*. I've used a couple forms of divination to try and get another feel for it. Everything I do draws a blank.

Now, I'm starting to have pretty crazy nightmares, and feel it may be linked to whatever this thing is. Does anyone have some suggestions on what I can do to identify and get this thing out?

Last edited:

Snowstorm

Baby plot bunneh sniffs out a clue
Registered
Reaction score
One, maybe goofy, thing is after watching many "Ghost Hunters" is to conduct an EVP. You set a tape recorder to record and ask questions. Then play back the tape to see what you might here. You can ask questions like their names, why are they there, do they like you, etc. Maybe you can get some information to help you.

I first heard about EVP, maybe ten years ago. They set up a tape recorders in the basement of a Civil War fort. When they played back the recorders, the spirits down there carried on conversations! Stunning. You can't hear them in real time, but only on the recorders.

Another thing, nothing to do with spirits, is whether there's any EMF (Electromagnetic Force) in the room. (Learned this in GH). If a room as electricity (which most do) an electric current can affect a person like they're being watched or feeling unsettled, and more extreme feelings. They had one show where people in this hotel were affected. They inspected and their infrared gizmo caught a warmer temp in the ceiling fan. The fan wasn't spinning but a poor electrical connection caused a high EMF. All the owner had to do was fix the fan.

Good luck to you.

TsukiRyoko

Registered
Reaction score
Website
One, maybe goofy, thing is after watching many "Ghost Hunters" is to conduct an EVP. You set a tape recorder to record and ask questions. Then play back the tape to see what you might here. You can ask questions like their names, why are they there, do they like you, etc. Maybe you can get some information to help you.

I first heard about EVP, maybe ten years ago. They set up a tape recorders in the basement of a Civil War fort. When they played back the recorders, the spirits down there carried on conversations! Stunning. You can't hear them in real time, but only on the recorders.

Another thing, nothing to do with spirits, is whether there's any EMF (Electromagnetic Force) in the room. (Learned this in GH). If a room as electricity (which most do) an electric current can affect a person like they're being watched or feeling unsettled, and more extreme feelings. They had one show where people in this hotel were affected. They inspected and their infrared gizmo caught a warmer temp in the ceiling fan. The fan wasn't spinning but a poor electrical connection caused a high EMF. All the owner had to do was fix the fan.

Good luck to you.

Actually, I know an EVP group around here who owe me a favor :D I might give them a call up soon.

Speaking of the electromagnetic thing, I do get a much stronger sense of "it" around outlets and whatnot. But, I also get a strong sense in the bathroom, the room with the least electronics, as well as out on the roof a few feet away from the window, where there's no electronics at all. I had thought of the electromagnetic thing before, but it doesn't explain the whole sensation.

Clair Dickson

A dark core to every cloud
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bofexler.blogspot.com
Well, remember, with EMF, it can be under the floors or in the walls-- not necessarily the things you can see. I'd check that. But I'm a very skeptical believer. =)

Ghost Hunters also does some stuff with 'taking back your house': you might tell the unpleasant spirit (or whatever it is) that if it doesn't like it there, it can just leave. This is your place and you'll pick who you invite to stay with you. Only nice people allowed. Something like that. You never know.

Best of luck. =)

StephanieFox

Maybull the Bulldog
Registered
Reaction score
A lot of times, this kind of energy (however you define it) can be removed simply by telling it to go away. "You are not wanted here. You cannot stay. You must go, NOW!" A banishing pentagram in the four directions, then above and below couldn't hurt, either.

LaurieD

aka Skwirrel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lauriedalzell.weebly.com
A lot of times, this kind of energy (however you define it) can be removed simply by telling it to go away. "You are not wanted here. You cannot stay. You must go, NOW!" A banishing pentagram in the four directions, then above and below couldn't hurt, either.

Actually this worked in my house. About 7 or 8 years ago, my husband told the spirit/entity/? to leave, that this was our house now and it was time for it to move on. We haven't seen, heard, smelled, or felt anything out of place since.

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
Why not try a cleansing? Start at the back of the apartment and work your way through each room, front to back, with a smudge stick until you are out the front door, forcing the negative energy out, and bury the smudge stick outside. Come back in the front door and repeat the process in the opposite direction, front to back, with smoldering frankincense and myrrh to welcome the good energy in.

TsukiRyoko

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Why not try a cleansing? Start at the back of the apartment and work your way through each room, front to back, with a smudge stick until you are out the front door, forcing the negative energy out, and bury the smudge stick outside. Come back in the front door and repeat the process in the opposite direction, front to back, with smoldering frankincense and myrrh to welcome the good energy in.
I've tried a less thorough cleansing using white sage. Also, every place I go to, I have a habit of lining the doors and windows with a pinch of salt, which usually works as a good preventative measure for me. But, I'll definitely try a more thorough cleansing very soon. I'm tired of getting the heebie-jeebies!