Non-Technological Ingenious Invention Time

Gehanna

Introvert
Registered
Reaction score
My hope for 2009 is that someone will invent something that is ingenious yet practical, useful but not technical, marketable but not solicited like a ShamWow.

Got any ingenious ideas?

Sincerely,
Gehanna

brad_b

Knight Errant
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Somewhere in my mind... it echoes in here ...
A self-editing ms that smacks me on the head when I make bone-head mistakes like too many adverbs, bad dialogue tags, run-on sentences, too much backstory with way too many words that...OWW!

drachin8

post-apocalyptic bunny
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Personal blimps.

All you need are tortillas, honey, thread, hydrogen, and a man-sized basket.

First, cover one side of the tortillas with honey and hang them outside where hummingbirds are known to fly. They will be attracted by the sweet scent and get their beaks stuck in the tortilla. Once you have enough hummingbirds, sew the tortillas together (hummingbird side in) into a balloon shape, fill with hydrogen, and attach the basket. The hydrogen will lift you up, and the hummingbirds will supply movement in random directions.

You may now name your personal blimp (suggested names: Hummingberg or Hindenbird) and lift off.

(Warning: do not approach blimp with fire unless very hungry)

:)

-Michelle

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
I'm working on a self-cleaning gun, to combat all those unnecessary accidents.

NeuroFizz

The grad students did it
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Scratch-and-Taste photos instead of Scratch-and-Sniff ones.

Totally pleasurable alternative to bikini waxing (taking applications for franchising possibilities)

A male pheromone that women find irresistible, that smells like chocolate instead of sweat.

nevada

Registered
Reaction score
A coffeepot that takes itself off the warmer after a certain amount of time. Guess what happened again?

pagey girl, honey child ( took a sleeping pill, i think im still drugged i apologize for the honey child. im a good canadian, i dont use endearments) they make coffee makers now that turn themselves off after several hours to prevent just this sort of thing. i know, coffee makers are newfangled scary contraptions but you just have to bite the bullet before you burn your house down.

darkprincealain

Registered
Reaction score
pagey girl, honey child ( took a sleeping pill, i think im still drugged i apologize for the honey child. im a good canadian, i dont use endearments) they make coffee makers now that turn themselves off after several hours to prevent just this sort of thing. i know, coffee makers are newfangled scary contraptions but you just have to bite the bullet before you burn your house down.

Isn't "honey child" a little too far south in the endearment category for a Canadian anyway?

I'm thinking floating cars and time machines are way overdue, but I'd at least be happy with a simple device that will get rid of all those Billy Mays infomercials on TV.

Pagey's_Girl

Still plays with dolls
Registered
Reaction score

Actually, it's the coffeepot at work - but yeah, I keep expecting to drive up to a smoking pile of rubble some morning. :). Someone got a hankering for coffee after I left last night and turned it back on - and forgot to turn it off again. And my boss is too cheap to buy a timer to shut the darn thing off...

Although I should be glad it was a glass pot this time. We had one of those metal-bottomed plastic ones the last time someone pulled this stunt - and it melted overnight. Burned coffee and burned plastic are not a pleasant combination.

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
windshield wiper blade cozies. You know how people lift up their windshield wipers in cold bad weather so they don't freeze to the windshield and it makes scraping ice off the window easier? Well, I figure instead of going to all that trouble a little cozy around the wiper blades that has those warmers inside it (like the hand warmers you can put in gloves) would be better than that.

ok, at least this sounded like a good idea the last time we had a snowstorm and my wipers were frozen to my window.

James81

Great Scott Member
Registered
Reaction score
Magazine racks for public bathroom stalls.