Are you color blind? Ishihara plates

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I can't begin to explain why, but I like these tests.

Maybe it's because my older sister, who was better at virtually everything, has red-green colorblindness.

Maryn, full of psychobabble

JoeEkaitis

Certified Gray Haired Geek
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
A wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagi
For children, they embed the color plates in illustrations.

300666.JPG

Do you see a letter or a number in Mr. Badger's robe?

Pat~

Luftmensch Emeritus, A.D.D.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not color-blind (though I couldn't see anything in Mr. Badger's robe. :)) But I'm a carrier; my dad is red-green color-blind, and we started suspecting early on our son was ("hey Mom, look at that neat red car!"...um...what red car?) We had him tested when he was about 6, and sure enough--he was red-green color blind.

He could not see the number 10 in that first link picture, and still thinks it's puzzling that I see things that aren't there. ;)

I thought this was interesting, from Wikipedia:

Color blindness is usually classed as disability; in certain situations, however, color blind people have an advantage over people with normal color vision. There are some studies which conclude that color blind individuals are better at penetrating certain camouflages.

In World War II it was discovered that analysis of color aerial photos yielded more information if at least one team member was color blind.

Last edited:

TsukiRyoko

Forced into cell phone life
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tsuki-explodes.blogspot.com
I'm not color-blind (though I couldn't see anything in Mr. Badger's robe. :)) But I'm a carrier; my dad is red-green color-blind, and we started suspecting early on our son was ("hey Mom, look at that neat red car!"...um...what red car?) We had him tested when he was about 6, and sure enough--he was red-green color blind.

He could not see the number 10 in that first link picture, and still thinks it's puzzling that I see things that aren't there. ;)

I thought this was interesting, from Wikipedia:
I think they call colorblindess a disability because it's not the "norm", when in fact, it's as nearly as common and normal as red hair. Weird how people classify things, no?

Jcomp

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Apparently I am, because this test completely kicked my ass...

Pat~

Luftmensch Emeritus, A.D.D.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My dad didn't find out he was color blind until he was at John's Hopkins, settling in on a pre-med program. He was doing chemistry experiments, and couldn't tell when the test tube changed color. (He switched to business/finance.)

Last edited: