Up above the streets and houses

Reaction score
Look what appeared this afternoon; I caught the arc on the far left and it appeared as I looked up; I've never seen a rainbow develop before.
Rainbow1.jpg

Rainbow2.jpg

thethinker42 wanted me to go out and check for leprechauns and steal their lucky charms, but in the driving rain? Not gonna happen.

Best I could do with my mobile phone, but I still think the photos are pretty good, considering. Within ten minutes the rain stopped and the rainbow was gone. :(

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
Actually, for a cell phone, those pics are excellent. Nicely done, sp.

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
I didn't get any pictures, but I walked under a double rainbow once. I felt special.

Speaking of which, if you look closely at the bottom pic, you'll see that sp's rainbow WAS a double. :)

We had an absolutely beautiful double bow appear outside of one of the theatres where I work a couple of months ago. The movies we were showing just couldn't compare with reality. Just gorgeous.

Sophia

Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
That's a nice sky.

Because I have the Rainbow theme tune LOOPING ENDLESSLY THROUGH MY HEAD, the two dark clouds and the drawn out circle of cloud below them make me see Zippy there.

Reaction score
And these aren't sky or rainbow shots but I likes 'em, so why not share the pretty?

First two were taken across the road from my house:
DBurn1.jpg

DBurn2.jpg

This was taken further on, along a short cut I use to get to a friend's house:
Treeshine.jpg

Reaction score
A lot of it's luck, Fuzzface. I carry my phone everywhere, and if something strikes me as "Ooh, pretty," I take a snapshot. It's not 'til I get home and upload the pics I discover whether they're good ones or not. Seeing them on a computer screen is far different to seeing something attractive while out and about and trying to examine the resulting snapshot on a tiny mobile phone screen.

But thanks anyway. :)

A. Hamilton

here for a minute...catch me?
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
very good shots for a cell phone. love the rainbow!
mine has great pixel-age, but is extremely sensitive to movement, and I can rarely get a clear shot.

seun

Horror Man
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lukewalkerwriter.com
And you try to tell us your town is a toilet. It's got rainbows and grass and short cuts.
What more do you want, woman?