Mr Flibble

They've been very bad, Mr Flibble
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We couldn't possibly do that. Who'd clear up the m
Website
francisknightbooks.co.uk
OK, so I am screwing with one of my guys. Again.

Five years ago he had a compound fracture, where the humerus was driven through his brachial plexus, resulting in a fair bit of nerve damage.

He now has limited use of his arm ( probably going to go for he can use the flexors but not the extensors).

But my question is, if anyone knows, how much, and what type of pain would this cause him now, five years on. Cramp like pains in the muscles from over compensating? Or tendon trouble? Pins and needles type thing? Arthritis?

If anyone has any experience of anything similar I'd love to know.

Thanks

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
Not sure if it applies, but I know when my mom hurt her arm there was damage to her Ulna (ulnar?) nerve. Even with surgery she still has pain in it. Shooting pain at one end of the spectrum, numbness at the other. It just depends on how she turns her arm.

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
my experience with nerve damage was spot numbness. It felt like when your mouth had a shot of novacaine. Then there were sudden shooting pains that felt like electrical shocks. I also had phantom sensations, such as the numb spot often felt like it was wet. The point where I actually had the traumatic injury still has a deep ache, more like the way you fell after the intense cramp has passed.

JHillman

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jackhillman.com
I have a rather complete medical background due to my employment and a specific interest in nerve related problems since I'm a polio survivor. May I suggest we take this off the conference and I can give you MORE info that you'd ever want to know.