PDA

View Full Version : Credentials

Ugawa
01-11-2009, 07:01 PM
What should I do if i have no credentials? I know people say 'just don't say anything' but that seems a bit... I don't know. Like a bit blank.

Should i say that I'm currently studying for an A-level in English Language and literature? Or is it not worth putting?

Thank you for any help.

XX

wordmonkey
01-11-2009, 07:43 PM
Say nothing.

If your book is about a student studying A-level English and it's a personal angle you can work in, then go for it.

Otherwise, say nothing.

Ugawa
01-11-2009, 08:12 PM
Okay. Thank you =]

XX

Cranky
01-11-2009, 08:15 PM
I'm in the same boat as you (no writing creds). Say nothing. It's better than trying to fill in the blank with something that isn't quite relevant. :)

Red.Ink.Rain
01-11-2009, 08:20 PM
My book takes place in my hometown, so I wrote that down. I'm also a freelance writer, so I mentioned that too. But other than that, my bio is very very short. :) Don't worry about it too much. Just write a killer query.

Lucifal
01-11-2009, 10:26 PM
If your story has been accepted then don't be ashamed to say "this is my first published story".

As an editor I don't want to see anyone's bio until I accept the story (it's in our guidelines but at least half the submitters ignore it) so in that instance there isn't a problem. But another magazine editor might want the bio up front (check the guidelines). I prefer a simple: 'Please consider my story "Blah Blah" for publication in Blah Blah,'.
'Thank you for considering . . .' or 'I'd like you to consider . . .', on the other hand, can be annoying.