Burn Notice

DagnyTaggart

Just saw a promo... so psyched it's coming back on January 22!

Looks like we are going to learn a lot more about who burned Michael this season, especially since Tricia Helfer (Carla) is set to be in most of the episodes.

Writer2011

Registered
Reaction score
I missed last season but will try to watch it. This is the same guy who was in Blair Witch Project 2 if you've ever seen it :) He's come a long way since then.

DagnyTaggart

Are you talking about Jeffrey Donovan? Haha I never knew that! And recently he was in "The Changeling", too, so you're right - he really has come a long way.

He has the perfect look for a spy, too... he's very smooth and very handsome. And in my opinion, very watchable!

deserata

writerly painter
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, Touching Evil made me a Jeff Donovan fan. :) I wish it had never been canceled.

I liked watching him as David Creegan a little more than I like him as Michael Weston... there was just something really unique about that character. But I'm glad to see him all the same.

DagnyTaggart

WHOO! Another great episode last night. What did you think? I think Seymour was a great (temporary) addition to the crew last night and brought some great comic relief.

Also, wanted to pass this on: if you love the show, you should definitely try out the Covert Ops game on their website. You get to join Micheal's team and get clues and go on missions. Be careful, it's addicting! http://burnnoticeops.com/

caromora

Still alive. Kind of.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
inkstaind-stars.livejournal.com
I just discovered Burn Notice and have quickly become addicted. :) I blew through the first two seasons in one long weekend, and have been eagerly awaiting each new episode.

I love what they've done so far this season. Michael's "revealed" status opens the show up for so many more storylines, and definitely raises the stakes. Anyone else having as much fun with this show as I am?

jodiodi

Reflections of Reality
Registered
Reaction score
I just started watching it in the last couple of months. Something about the lead character that I just don't like. Not so much the character, but the actor. I don't know what it is and can't isolate it. I have a feeling I might have seen him in something else long ago and was disgusted or repulsed by his character, and now am having subliminal shivers.

I'm the same way about Brad Pitt, but have pretty much gotten over it. The first time I saw him was in some movie where he played an absolutely repulsive, nasty, disgusting character and it took decades for me to get past it.

dgiharris

Disgruntled Scientist
Registered
Reaction score
I just discovered Burn Notice and have quickly become addicted. :) I blew through the first two seasons in one long weekend, and have been eagerly awaiting each new episode.

I love what they've done so far this season. Michael's "revealed" status opens the show up for so many more storylines, and definitely raises the stakes. Anyone else having as much fun with this show as I am?

We watch it religiously. :) Love it.

To me, Burn Notice is a great show 'for us writers'.

Something about the voice overs, narration, acting, directing is very appealing to the writer portion of my brain.

I love the show, likewise caught all the episodes on ON DEMAND cable for free :)

Plus, this show is like free research for us writers for when we have to write about a spy :)

I love how they take the time to tell you about this technique or that technique, it gives the character a depth of realism that is unique. In fact, I think the voice over / narratives are why I love the show so much.

I just started watching it in the last couple of months. Something about the lead character that I just don't like. Not so much the character, but the actor. .

You know, at first, I didn't like the lead actor because I thought his character was too wooden. But then, it dawned on me how well this works. And then while he is in character he then transforms into another character (slim ball, pansy, fall guy, assassin, con artist, foriegn consultant, etc) that is the shows brilliance and shows his acting chops. All of this weaves together into a well written series.

Basically, he grew on me until I now can't picture anyone else doing this role.

Plus, I love his best friend. He seems like a great guy to go get some beers with :)

Mel...

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
You know, at first, I didn't like the lead actor because I thought his character was too wooden. But then, it dawned on me how well this works. And then while he is in character he then transforms into another character (slim ball, pansy, fall guy, assassin, con artist, foriegn consultant, etc) that is the shows brilliance and shows his acting chops. All of this weaves together into a well written series.

Basically, he grew on me until I now can't picture anyone else doing this role.

Totally. Sam is a genius example of this as well. He's a nice cuddly guy, until he needs to put on his evil face and scare the heck out of people. The bank heist episode was a beautiful work of beauty, bouncing between Frivolous Sam and I Will Eat Your Children Sam.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
The first show I saw Jeffrey Donovan in was the US remake of the Brit series Touching Evil. He was all kinds of awesome in that--quite possibly due to a few awesome scriptwriters. (Also, that series was the only US remake I've preferred. The Brit one is slit-yer-wrists grim.)

I'll watch Bruce Campbell in just about anything. And the gal who plays Fiona--as scary-thin as she is (feed that woman!)--looks like she's having so much fun in that role you just have to smile.

nevada

Registered
Reaction score
I just started watching this show a few days ago; 4 episodes in and I'm all kinds of hooked. I love Jeffrey Donovan he's got the chops to play different personas in a way that Dushku doesn't have on Dollhouse.

Angie

Shaddup and lemme think.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.tranquiligeek.com
I've not been able to watch this show yet (tragically, I am cable and satellite-deprived), but I have to buy it, huge Bruce Campbell fan that I am. :D

fallingfar

Registered
Reaction score
I just got into this show. I'm so mad that I have been missing out for so long!

S.C. Denton

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
I just started watching it in the last couple of months. Something about the lead character that I just don't like. Not so much the character, but the actor. I don't know what it is and can't isolate it. I have a feeling I might have seen him in something else long ago and was disgusted or repulsed by his character, and now am having subliminal shivers.

The first thing I saw him in was Hitch... and he plays a pretty unlikable character in that movie, so perhaps that is where your association comes from. I almost didn't watch Burn Notice because of my own association with him playing that character.

Probably half the first season had gone by and somewhere between the promos and whatnot, I realized I'd only be fooling myself if I didn't at least check the show out. Sat down one day and watched a marathon of all the current eps and I've been hooked every since.

I really like all the actors but I've been a Bruce Campbell fan for years and I'm glad that he's finally been given a television role to shine in.

Lhun

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Holy cow, there's a third season going on? Why didn't anyone tell me?

The_Riskbreaker

knows bears make everything worse
Registered
Reaction score
Isn't anyone else watching this?

After last week's episode I don't not what to think... SPOILERS ABOUND****

Ansen, the last man supposedly responsible for Michael's Burn is dead, along with his brother. And there's no clue as to who could have done it. The only thing i'm speculating, and which I hold to be true, is that Nate was purposely killed. Whoever shot Ansen could have easily just picked him off. Yet they chose to take out Nate as well. That tells me that whoever did it was killing Nate to send a personal message.

Rebecca, the woman who kidnapped Mike and then took up his help to get her brother back, is a possible suspect. Perhaps Ansen killed her brother after he was rescued. So she kills Ansen out of spite and Mike's brother Nate because she's angry that her brother, who he rescued, is now dead.

Theories, anyone?

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score

I've seen a few episodes, but the adverts are annoying the hell out of me at the moment - waiting to pick up the box-sets so I can watch it through in one sitting. Can't say that I'm impressed with the "lets squeeze the credits so they are completely unreadable" either.

DVDs are saving my blood pressure from going through the roof.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score

After last week's episode I don't not what to think... SPOILERS ABOUND****

Ansen, the last man supposedly responsible for Michael's Burn is dead, along with his brother. And there's no clue as to who could have done it. The only thing i'm speculating, and which I hold to be true, is that Nate was purposely killed. Whoever shot Ansen could have easily just picked him off. Yet they chose to take out Nate as well. That tells me that whoever did it was killing Nate to send a personal message.

Rebecca, the woman who kidnapped Mike and then took up his help to get her brother back, is a possible suspect. Perhaps Ansen killed her brother after he was rescued. So she kills Ansen out of spite and Mike's brother Nate because she's angry that her brother, who he rescued, is now dead.

Theories, anyone?

I'm watching, albeit slightly reluctantly at this point. I still like the show, but the plot holes are killing me. (Personally, I would have quit when Fiona turned herself in, though that's not a plot hole so much as stupid.) Hubby loves it, so we'll keep watching.

I didn't necessarily think the shot to Nate was personal. From the angle the sniper appeared to be shooting, s/he almost would have had to go through Nate. Collateral damage.