MS Word 2007

Calliopenjo

Esteemed thinker
Registered
Reaction score
In a townhouse over looking the tumble weed fields
I have MS Word 2007. I would like to adjust the space after the period so I don't get that squiggly green line reminding me that I have a period and it needs more spaces. Is there a way to change the space?

Last edited:

Sophia

Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Go to Edit --> Replace from the menu. You can put ". " into the find field (a period followed by one space) and ". " (a period followed by two spaces) in the field for what you want to change it to. Then choose Replace All. That should stop the green line coming up.

If you end up with any periods followed by three spaces, put that into the find field, and then put the period plus two spaces in the replace field.

I hope that does what you want.

Last edited:

Clair Dickson

A dark core to every cloud
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bofexler.blogspot.com
If you want to change what Word is Grammar checking for, you'll need to go to the Spelling and Grammar options. Go to The Office Symbol (upper left.) Then go to the bottom of that menu where you'll find Word Options hiding out.

Go to Proofing. Find 'When correction spelling and grammar in Word" and look for "Writing Style" Near that you'll find a Settings button. In that menu, you'll find spaces required between sentences which you can set to 1, 2, or don't check.

Prawn

Writing is finite,revising infinite
Registered
Reaction score
I could make an off-color joke here, but I am sure it would not be appreciated! :)

Last edited: