PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone remember this comic book story? Horror tale

underthecity
01-08-2009, 11:16 PM
This doesn't really belong in the comic book forum, as it's about a specific story.

A friend of mine loaned the comic book to me in the early 80s, but I don't know who made it, but it reminds me of the early EC horror comics.

It's about this married couple in their 50s. The husband hates his wife, so he kills her. She has a favorite tree in the yard, so he buries her next to the tree. A year later a new "fruit" bears on the tree in the shape of hands. So, there are hands all over the tree. He gets close to the tree one day and the hands grab him and kill him, then dig a hole next to his wife's grave and buries him there. The next year a "new fruit" grows on the tree, this fruit is the husband and wife's heads, side by side. That occurs in the last panel.

It's a weird, twisted story that's been in my mind for years. Does anyone remember having read it? If so, what was it?

allen

cray
01-08-2009, 11:18 PM
no clue.
someone around here will know.

...and make note of who it is so we can keep an eye on them :D

eta: are you sure you're not thinking of that guns n roses song?

writerterri
01-09-2009, 12:13 AM
That very same thing happened to me. I'm writing to you from my tree right now.

Someone get me out of here!

Williebee
01-09-2009, 12:24 AM
Never heard of it. If it doesn't exist? Means you are very weird. :)

You're right, it sounds like the old E. C. Creepshow stuff.

underthecity
01-09-2009, 01:25 AM
It was very weird, and the artwork was incredibly creepy. There were other stories just as strange in the rest of the book, but the tree one was the only one I remember.

regdog
01-09-2009, 03:13 AM
Have you asked in the horror thread? They might have a better idea about this

underthecity
01-09-2009, 03:26 AM
I can if cross-posting is allowed in this case.