I Know I'm Not the First...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
To start a thread declaring that it's time I get back on the horse. My life has turned upside, upside right and back upside down in a matter of months, and it's left many different parts of my life in shambles. I was running regularly - up to 6 miles one day! (but average of 4 a day), and I was writing regularly and almost finished my WIP.

Now it's been months, and WIP is somewhere in the middle. I'm determined that on Saturday, I'm going to get back into the gym...and my fingers back on the keyboard.

Any suggestions as to how to jump back into it again? My story idea began from what happened in my life 7 months ago and grew into a monster thankfully nothing like my life, but it's still painful to write. Anyone know where I'm coming from? (I'm sure most of you do....)

James81

Great Scott Member
Registered
Reaction score
I'm actually in the same place.

I was going to the gym 5 days a week and editting/writing everyday and then I let some other things take over my time and I got away from both.

Just now starting back into things, and it really just came down to me resolving to just do it. Once you make the resolve and get started (which is the hardest part) it seems like the momentum just picks up and it gets easier.

Sean D. Schaffer

Registered
Reaction score
Four years ago, I started into a downward spiral that left me devastated until about a week ago. Alpha, I would tend to agree with James81. The momentum in my own life never came back until I made my decision to start doing what I had done before I first heard the debilitating news that the publishing house I thought was the most wonderful thing that had ever happened to me, was an author-mill ... AND stuck to that decision.

I've not loved living so much in the last half-decade as I do right now, because I finally got up enough courage to pull myself out of the pit of despair I was in, and had the guts to become the man I always knew I could be, if I just put in the effort. G-d helped me a lot, as did my friends here, but in the end, I myself had to stand up, brush myself off, and move forward.

I hope this helps you out, Alpha Echo. I wish you all the best. :)

seun

Horror Man
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lukewalkerwriter.com
Everybody's different. For some, jumping straight back into it as if you never stopped is the way to go. Personally, I don't think that would work for me. I'd read through some of my older stuff and find the joy that came from writing in the first place. Then I'd look for an idea or two for something small, turn the stereo up loud and start typing.
Good luck. :snoopy:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.