Status
Not open for further replies.

madderblue

Beagle Lips.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thersamatsuura.com
I remember reading a writer's blog once that was asking people to please order her yet-to-be-released book on Amazon. She said that pre-sales were sent directly to her publisher and they made for a very favorable image of her the author. She went as far as to say pre-sales were even better that regular ones. Is that true? Do pre-sales get sent to the publisher even before the book has been published?

katiemac

Five by Five
Registered
Reaction score
Publishers will track pre-sales, yes. Even more important than regular sales? I can't help you there, but I'm thinking not.

madderblue

Beagle Lips.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thersamatsuura.com
Thanks Katie, so the publishers do get a peek at how well the book is selling before it's out. So much behind the scenes stuff going on. What a fascinating world this is.

ChaosTitan

Around
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kellymeding.com
I think I read that blog, too. Can't recall whose, now.

Pre-orders give publishers a good idea of demand. It tells them that people have already heard about the book and that they're eager to read it. I think in-store pre-orders also affect how many copies different chains will order, as well.

madderblue

Beagle Lips.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thersamatsuura.com
Yeah, it just sort of stuck with me that she said how much 'more' important those pre-orders were. It makes sense though, getting a feel for the enthusiasm.

So my publisher knows my mom, dad, aunt, uncle and grandma are all eager beavers. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.