PDA

View Full Version : AW's Coolest Nerd...

Jcomp
01-07-2009, 02:58 AM
Look, we're all writers, so we're all a little bit nerdy. Get over it. It's okay, though, because you can still be cool. Hell, nerd is the new cool. And I used to think I was the coolest nerd on AW. I even thought for a moment there that I had introduced the slang "Word" as meaning "I wholeheartedly agree" to the board, and watched proudly as its use started to slowly spread (amongst about two or three people).

And then I stumbled onto this (http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1814859). III, I humbly bow to your awesome cool-nerdiness.

In one post we have the greatest avatar in history (complete with gleaming guitar that was certainly a viking battle-axe in its past life), a mention of the Wonder Twins (courtesy of Siddow), and then Jay gets started.

He opens his commentary with an enthusiastic "Word up!" (bringing "Word" back to its old school roots) followed by him one-upping Siddow by referring to each Wonder Twin by name, then capping it off with a name-drop of Snarf from Thundercats.

How many guitar-playing, slang-flipping, comic-book-and-cartoon-referencing rock stars do you know?

One.

If you knew any more your mind would explode from trying to comprehend how so much cool could possibly be duplicated.

Jay, my man, I nominate you as the coolest nerd the site has ever seen.

Williebee
01-07-2009, 03:05 AM
Got my vote. I thought it was JComp, too.

I've got the nerd part down, but I can't even pull off cool if I'm outside in my Star Trek jammies.

See, told you I had the nerd part down.

btw, JComp? Mad props for the Animaniacs reference.

Meerkat
01-07-2009, 03:24 AM
Since when DOESN'T "cool" go with "nerd"?!?

Jay=nerd, therefore Jay=cool.

hmmm..... " i i i Cool Jay. "

So close, and yet, so far!

Mr Flibble
01-07-2009, 03:30 AM
btw, JComp? Mad props for the Animaniacs reference.
When the wibber wills wibber in the wind, the wind could wibber back, oh nice and chubby baby!

For some reason for quite some time I was known as Dot. My mates were Wakko and Yakko...

kristie911
01-07-2009, 04:18 AM
Word.

KTC
01-07-2009, 04:21 AM
yeah. word and word up were old when i was young.

Pagey's_Girl
01-07-2009, 04:31 AM
You betcha, word up!

(I'm more of a dweeb than a nerd.)

Jcomp
01-07-2009, 04:40 AM
yeah. word and word up were old when i was young.

But now that we're old, they're young again. It's the circle of cool...

KTC
01-07-2009, 04:42 AM
The circle of life. I'm beginning to like the sound of that.

KTC
01-07-2009, 04:43 AM
Home skillet.

Pagey's_Girl
01-07-2009, 04:52 AM
When you're boiling water, it's basic household skills....

Serena Casey
01-07-2009, 06:02 AM
Cool???? Jay?!?!?!?!?!?! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

Okay, I'll admit it, he's cool.

Shadow_Ferret
01-07-2009, 06:36 AM
I will agree. You're all nerds.