In this thread we will list places that are suckier than Phoenix, Arizona...

James81

Great Scott Member
Registered
Reaction score
I full expect this thread to remain empty, but it's worth a shot.

Seriously, that's about the ugliest city I've ever been to in my life.

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Coalinga, CA. You could not find a stronger smell of cow poop anywhere in the universe. Even if you were a goblin made of cow poop, sitting in a pile of cow poop, drinking a cow poop milkshake, and watching American Cow Poop Idol.

I've never been to Phoenix, but I posit that Coalinga must be worse.

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Central Falls, Rhode Island. (the armpit of the state)

Alas, I lived there for about 8 months when I was a single girl. Oh, did it suck! Lots of wackos nearby--my third floor tenement apartment looked out on ugly buildings, too many one-way streets-- I used to get parking tickets for parking on my own street. Yes, it was baaaaaaad.

Feiss

Sleeps during the day
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hey. Quit insulting my hood. Ok ok.

Mesa Arizona
North Korea

Williebee

Capeless, wingless, & yet I fly.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ifoundaknife.com
Atlanta.
Metro Atlanta.
Every damn bit of it.
Ok, not Peachtree City, Kennesaw or Stone Mountain in the spring.

And it's not Atlanta's fault. Not all those crappy drivers were born there.

Bubastes

bananaed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gracewen.com
Flint, Michigan.

ETA: especially in the winter.

Last edited:

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Everett Massachusetts
Lock Thread

Seriously city is 3 miles by 3 miles. It has

LNG offload terminal

Power plant-You can see the filth in the air for miles

Wood waste burning facility-the stench carries for miles

Oil Storage and loading facility-perhaps you saw Everett on the news in Dec 07 when one of the oil tankers was speeding, flipped over and burned the lower half of the city. PS nothing has been done about the tankers or the speeding

Sewer sludge treatment plant being built-thanks Boston, you're taking your filth and transporting to Everett because city bylaws of Boston bans that kind of facility in the city. They will be dumping thousands of gallons of untreated water into the river

35,000-45,000 people living in the city(yes in a city 3 by 3) no zoning and most are illegals so those estimates are considered low.

Traffic- Tolls went up on the Tobin Bridge so the traffic north of Boston cuts through Everett to avoid the Bridge. There are a lot of cities north of Boston

No Parking People actually asphalt their small lawns for parking. Many of those who cut through Everett to avoid the bridge, park here, and take the bus into Boston.

Illegal rooming house the city started cracking down on them but gave up. There were just too many to keep track of.

MWRA Water provider, admits that it charges the residents for all the businesses in the city and also admits that it has leaking pipes all over the city. They're billing the residents for the water leaking out of their pipes.

The parks were taken over by the city to build schools on. The schools are climate controlled, they are a balmy 65 degrees year round. The windows were put in backwards and the boiler upside down.

Coffee factory in the next city over. Nothing like the stench of burning French Vanillia Coffee
sign0137.gif

Next city over now charges $1 per bag for trash pickup. One guess where all the trash is being dumped.

Prostitutes come here from Boston and Chelsea to ply their trade to the truck drivers

Pagey's_Girl

Still plays with dolls
Registered
Reaction score
Wappingers Falls, NY. When one of your favorite British (British!) bands references Tawana Brawley in a song, it's time to pack up and leave....

MsK

Registered
Reaction score
I full expect this thread to remain empty, but it's worth a shot.

Seriously, that's about the ugliest city I've ever been to in my life.

James, you are the first person I have ever heard say that. You're certainly entitled to your opinion, but I thought I'd share a few pics with you and see if this is the Arizona that you saw.

Scottsdale, AZ. was my home for ten years, and in my opinion, the Arizona desert has some of the most beautiful scenery I have ever seen. (And that's coming from a California girl who grew up around mountains and the Pacific Ocean)
I'm back in CA. now, but I still miss the beauty and peace of the desert. So much...:cry:

scottsdale_1.jpg

Desert Sunset

84406_f260.jpg

Pinnacle Peak (A favorite hike)

32294-Four-Seasons-Resort-Scottsdal.jpg

Pretty Golf Course (I think Four Seasons)

So, come on, what do you think, James? ;)

TerzaRima

Absinthe O'Malice
Registered
Reaction score
I was about to say, Phoenix--sucky? I've always liked going there. Desert, mountains, what's not to like?

You want sucky? Waterloo, Iowa. I did a visiting clinic there for a few years because their MD population is pretty thin. AND NO WONDER. It's like Flint, Michigan (with which I am also familiar) but with that extra redneck frisson. It's like a suppurating boil on the Midwest.

mario_c

Your thoughts are not real...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mariocaiti.com
St. Petersburgh, Russia. Oh yes, I've been there, and Port Au Prince, Haiti too. Feel better yet?

Having said that, Bridgeport CT is a horror. It's a hell I've got to know well.

thethinker42

Abnormal Romance Author
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gallagherwitt.com
Norfolk, Virginia.

No one knows how to drive. The roads suck. The police force is a joke. The laws are ridiculous (crippling to some small businesses). The people are rude and nasty. Racism is alive and well, and EVERYONE gets to be on the receiving end of it at some point. It's not safe.

If the world were a human body, Norfolk would be located somewhere near the Exit sign on the digestive tract.