Postage

Status
Not open for further replies.

awaitingthemuse

Registered
Reaction score
how do you deal with sending a S.A.E outside your own country? Have any of you had success with international reply coupons? Is there anyway of buying postage stamps over the net? Or do you just stick to markets in your own country and e-mail submissions?

Thanks

pdr

Banned
Reaction score
Postage!

IRCs are fine but expensive. Some editors of small magazines don't know what they are so include a tactful: 'I've included 2 IRCs for you to exchange at the post office for an airmail stamp' type comment. (I once received a reply from a small press magazine and the IRC had been stuck to the envelope.)

Yes, you can buy stamps on the Internet but I can't find my list of urls. Search www.AskJeeves.co.uk for the UK stamps.

Arrange to swap stamps with other writers in the countries you want to submit to, it's quicker and cheaper.

orlien

Registered
Reaction score
awaitingthemuse said:
how do you deal with sending a S.A.E outside your own country? Have any of you had success with international reply coupons? Is there anyway of buying postage stamps over the net?
Over here they don't sell IRCs any more - without replacing them with something similar :( , but it's easy to order stamps at the USPS site http://www.usps.com/
You'll have them within 10 days.

Fresie

She Who Runs The Waves
Registered
Reaction score
Website
galaktio-nova.blogspot.com
Thanks a lot, orlien! I too always used IRCs in the past (never had problems with them though) but I can't buy them any more here so I'll try to use this site instead.

Thanks!

kohuether

Registered
Reaction score
I am not sure about buying postage over the net for each country... I don't know what the rules are.

You might want to check each countries' postal service sites. I think you can buy postage from the German site www.deutschepost.de

I can't figure out how to navigate to an English speaking version. One may not exist. Never mind. If you are curious and want to check it out, on the righthand side you'll see Sprache: Deu or Eng... click on English.

I am not sure if you even need this info! I just figured if you wanted to know...

Status
Not open for further replies.