PDA

View Full Version : When an agent requests a full...

kathleen_grant
01-05-2009, 06:10 PM
If an agent requests a partial by snail mail, receives it, likes it, and wants the full, would he\she request the full via snail mail or email?

sheadakota
01-05-2009, 06:13 PM
If they requested the partial via snail mail, they probably want the full sent the same way- but I would either check out their guidlines or email them with the question.

KikiteNeko
01-05-2009, 06:16 PM
Well... I've had agents requests partials via snail mail and then want the full via email. But I think that's because, if the agent likes the partial, he or she may be more prepared to make a decision about representation sooner.

kathleen_grant
01-05-2009, 06:23 PM
Oops, I deleted my last message because it posted it three times... but it erased them all..

What I said was I mustn't have worded my question correctly because I meant when the agent literally sends the actual request for the full, would they send that request by email or my snail mail?

Sorry I didn't mean how they received it.. :P

KikiteNeko
01-05-2009, 06:29 PM
Probably by email. Only one request for a full came to me via snail mail, and that's only because I was dumb and didn't give my email address when I sent the partial. All our correspondence was through email after that.

Oops, I deleted my last message because it posted it three times... but it erased them all..

What I said was I mustn't have worded my question correctly because I meant when the agent literally sends the actual request for the full, would they send that request by email or my snail mail?

Sorry I didn't mean how they received it.. :P

Danthia
01-05-2009, 07:12 PM
Depends on the agent. Chances are though, they'll want the full the same way they asked for the partial. But they'll probably tell you. If you did snail mail with the partial, and they ask for the full but don't give you an e-mail address, they probably want it in hard copy. But if they ask for the full and provide an e-mail address, then send it electronically.

mysterygrl
01-06-2009, 05:37 AM

When I was querying agents, I received requests for my full ms all sorts of ways: via SASE, email, and even by phone. (It was a very short conversation. Agent: "Could you send me the full manuscript?" Me: "I'd be happy to." Agent: "Great. Bye." Me: "Bye.")

kathleen_grant
01-06-2009, 05:57 PM
Interesting... haha that would be a tad nerve wracking I think--the phone call I mean.

I'd say "Hello?" "Hi there, this is agent x" *silence* "Kathleen? Are you there?" "Mhm..." "Can you send me the full manuscript? I'm very interested in your work" (added that to boost my self-confidence) "...Okay" "Great, bye." *Click* (hanging up sound :P)

Maybe not soooo bad... but awkward nonetheless! :O

vixey
01-06-2009, 06:03 PM
All my full and partial requests have been via email.

waylander
01-06-2009, 06:09 PM
All my full and partial requests have been via email.
Mine too

KikiteNeko
01-06-2009, 06:12 PM
When I was querying agents, I received requests for my full ms all sorts of ways: via SASE, email, and even by phone. (It was a very short conversation. Agent: "Could you send me the full manuscript?" Me: "I'd be happy to." Agent: "Great. Bye." Me: "Bye.")

See, I think it's a little mean for an agent to call you if they aren't calling to offer representation. When I got "THE" phone call, if she had said "so this manuscript isn't working out for me" or simply "send more" I think my heart would have pounded out of my chest and exploded on the wall. When an agent calls, writers get all "omg omg what do I do holy crap omg" and it sucks if all that is for nothing.

kathleen_grant
01-06-2009, 07:27 PM
Ahh I see what you mean tomo.

You'd think it would just be easier for them to quickly send you an email or a letter... since there's gotta be some writers out there who'd have freaked out on the agent!

Ahhh... sometimes I just don't get agents haha