my first rejection for 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

sissybaby

Registered
Reaction score
Finally! I guess the holiday slump is over - at least for me.

Found my first agent rejection for the year this morning in my in box. At least I know it's still out there.

I'm not thrilled about it, but I was tired of being ignored.

kathleen_grant

Carpe Diem
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I agree. I'd rather receive some sort of reply instead of gripping onto the idea of actually being considered until you just give up.

Meerkat

Claims the loan was a gift
Registered
Reaction score
"site, place, position" --Roget's Thesaurus
You're in the game! Congratulations on having something IN THE MAIL already. Those of us with nothing sent at the moment are the ones who should be dejected.

I'm going to pretend I didn't say that last thing.

If only I didn't say that last thing...

HEY, but congratulations--keep submitting!

KikiteNeko

Registered
Reaction score
I'm waiting to hear back from a publisher right now. If it's going to be a no, I hope I hear soon. The waiting is driving me batty. They've had it since November for criminy's sake.

Congrats on your reject of 2009... best wishes for partials and fulls soon!

sissybaby

Registered
Reaction score
Oh, if only I could get to the point of waiting to hear from a publisher. Well, actually, I have, but those were for PB's, because I can't get an agent's attention with any of those.

justinai

SHAZAM!!
Registered
Reaction score
Like others have said, a rejection is better than no news at all. I can't get into my personal email at work, so I can't even check my in box obsessively. :(

KikiteNeko

Registered
Reaction score
Oh, if only I could get to the point of waiting to hear from a publisher. Well, actually, I have, but those were for PB's, because I can't get an agent's attention with any of those.

Waiting to hear from publishers is great fun. Instead of hours, days or weeks, you wait whole months or seasons to hear no from them.

bocabum

Procrastinator/Doddlebutter
Registered
Reaction score
Today I've gotten two snail mail rejections (form letters) and an e-mailed partial rejection (form letter) so now, I'm basically wallowing (is that spelled right? oh who cares anyway) and am convinced I suck! GRRRRR!!!!

:Headbang:

alias octavia

smooshed
Registered
Reaction score
Bocabum - I'm so sorry to hear about the Rs. Hang in there, and keep querying. Don't let it get you down.

KikiteNeko

Registered
Reaction score
Today I've gotten two snail mail rejections (form letters) and an e-mailed partial rejection (form letter) so now, I'm basically wallowing (is that spelled right? oh who cares anyway) and am convinced I suck! GRRRRR!!!!

:Headbang:

Wow, there's a lot of that going around on here. I guess all the agents are back to work... I noticed I usually got a plethora of rejects on Mondays. Never tried querying around January.

bocabum

Procrastinator/Doddlebutter
Registered
Reaction score
thanks alias octavia! I've decided to take a better look at my first few chapters, maybe eliminate some stuff that isn't completely necessary, and see if I can make it snappier, from the get go! I need these agents begging for more, dammit!

jscribbles

Who killed my sea monkeys?
Registered
Reaction score
I got a form rejection today, too. My first query response ever. But, I suppose, it's better than being ignored.

But still. This sucks.

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
sure sorry that happened, sissy, but now hopefully, your luck will turn to the better and an acceptance(s) will start rollin' in. Sure hope so, anyway! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.